Berlin

How to get the very best from Planet Earth.
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Berlin

Postby Goat Boy » 06 May 2013, 15:51

Right, after a year or two of almost going I am definitely heading to Berlin for a few days, probably in August. I posted a similar thread in Nextdoorland last year that was filled with great advice and recommendations but I can't locate it and although I did print it out I can't find it :roll: If you can recommend me the best areas to stay in particularly that would be wonderful.

I was looking at this hostel....

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/germany/berlin/hotels/eastseven-berlin-hostel

Also pubs and restaurants in particular and any decent clubs as we fancy a night out.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

CatnHat

Re: Berlin

Postby CatnHat » 25 May 2013, 19:57

Have you been yet, and how did you like it?? We're off there on Monday :D
Beebsy wrote: I make up for it but being very funny, witty and having large boobs.

BlueMeanie

Postby BlueMeanie » 25 May 2013, 23:10

I'm off there in September. Wouldn't mind some recommendations for pubs and eateries.
Betty Denim wrote:The first time I saw a strange man's cock was in a queue for a Belgian breakfast buffet.

GoogaMooga wrote:I do have standards.

Insouciant Western People

Postby Insouciant Western People » 04 Jun 2013, 09:14

The Augustiner near the Gendarmenmarkt is great for proper beers and very decent traditional German pub grub. And the central location makes it perfect for a lunchtime stop-off in between seeing some of the sights.

For a nice meal out, I think the Kasbah Moroccan restaurant on Gippastrasse is excellent, Cat & I had a lovely meal there last week. Nice staff, relaxed atmosphere, and it's not too expensive.

For nightlife we went to Z Bar on Bergstrasse (just off Torstrasse) and Muschi on Torstrasse. The latter was very good, we wandered in around 10pm and eventually stumbled out at just before 5am the next day :D They had an English DJ on, lad called James, who we got chatting to, and he was playing some cracking music - lots of 60s pop, 50s R&B, 70s rock & punk etc, lots of Bowie, Roxy, T-Rex, all that sort of thing.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 04 Jun 2013, 11:39

Nick wrote:The Augustiner near the Gendarmenmarkt is great for proper beers and very decent traditional German pub grub. And the central location makes it perfect for a lunchtime stop-off in between seeing some of the sights.

For a nice meal out, I think the Kasbah Moroccan restaurant on Gippastrasse is excellent, Cat & I had a lovely meal there last week. Nice staff, relaxed atmosphere, and it's not too expensive.

For nightlife we went to Z Bar on Bergstrasse (just off Torstrasse) and Muschi on Torstrasse. The latter was very good, we wandered in around 10pm and eventually stumbled out at just before 5am the next day :D They had an English DJ on, lad called James, who we got chatting to, and he was playing some cracking music - lots of 60s pop, 50s R&B, 70s rock & punk etc, lots of Bowie, Roxy, T-Rex, all that sort of thing.

This was Berlin, not Manchester? Right?

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 04 Jun 2013, 13:47

Nick wrote:They had an English DJ on, lad called James, who we got chatting to, and he was playing some cracking music - lots of 60s pop, 50s R&B, 70s rock & punk etc, lots of Bowie, Roxy, T-Rex, all that sort of thing.

sounds like a RIGHT wanka

Insouciant Western People

Postby Insouciant Western People » 07 Jun 2013, 11:29

The Tedious Iconoclast wrote:sounds like a RIGHT wanka

I may be missing something here, but I'm at a loss about why you'd post something like that John.

Was our night out not cool enough for your liking? Is the music I talked about naff, or too populist?

Is there something inherently wrong with mentioning we met someone English in Germany? Were we in the 'wrong' part of Berlin, according to your hip-o-meter?

Or am I uncool for being enthusiastic about the fact that we had a nice night out?
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 07 Jun 2013, 13:33

Crikey! :?

Uh....OK, glad you had a nice night out!

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 08 Oct 2013, 10:19

Nick wrote:The Augustiner near the Gendarmenmarkt is great for proper beers and very decent traditional German pub grub. And the central location makes it perfect for a lunchtime stop-off in between seeing some of the sights.

Nice one!

Excellent food, massive portions, huge beers.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 16 Oct 2013, 11:14

Did you go to Berghain?

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 16 Oct 2013, 11:49

No, we couldn't be fucked with the whole bouncer thing.

Plus at this age I need chemicals to go clubbing. Too much booze and pork left me too stuffed to dance.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 16 Oct 2013, 15:25

Poof.

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 16 Oct 2013, 15:26

Gosh! you guys are really hardcore!

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 17 Oct 2013, 14:15

Shut up grandad!!

Return to “All Around The World”