Warsaw

How to get the very best from Planet Earth.
Polishgirl

Warsaw

Postby Polishgirl » 24 Oct 2012, 19:43

My friend and I are starting to think about our annual European jaunt. It's her choice this time, and she's chosen.........................Poland!

We're looking at flying to Warsaw, maybe 2 days there, train to Krakow ( swoon ), 2 or 3 days there, and fly home from Krakow.

Now, I know Krakow reasonably well, but I've not been to Warsaw before. I've got my trusty travel books warmed up and ready to go but it would be great to have some more "off the beaten track" recommendations for things to see and do, and esp to have accomm suggestions. We tend to like smaller hotels or B&Bs, with
character and/or in a characterful neighbourhood.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated, and a place in Heaven guaranteed for you. ( possibly)
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Bungo the Mungo

Re: Warsaw

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 25 Oct 2012, 10:55

Griff is the fella to ask. I'd send him a message on Fb as he isn't here very often these days.

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 25 Oct 2012, 12:59

Bobby Blue Note Cover wrote:Griff is the fella to ask. I'd send him a message on Fb as he isn't here very often these days.

Good thinking, thanks.
:D
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 10 Nov 2012, 13:34

Clint Planet wrote:Shit, when you going?

Start of May, so almost immediately. The pressure is on YOU! :o

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 23 Mar 2013, 12:18

Cheers, Griff. Insider knowledge greatly appreciated...

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 12 May 2013, 22:09

Yes. Got back Weds. Had a great, great time, and the love affair with Poland continues: in fact, I had to go and loiter in the Polish shop near work on Thurs, just to pretend for a few minutes that I was back there... :D

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 14 May 2013, 21:49

Not a problem at all, Griff. Hope all is ok with you. xx

We had a terrific time - Warsaw was a bit of a revelation, to be honest. On the 1st day, we went round the area of the former Ghetto, the Uprising Museum and then back up to Marshall St near our hotel. Saturday was Constitution Day and we walked down to the old and new towns and LOVED it. Was bowled over by how beautiful the Old Town was - great feel to it and such a fascinating city with such a torrid and important history. I can see why somebody might rate it over even Krakow.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 21 Mar 2014, 14:52

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 21 Mar 2014, 16:41

The Prof wrote:Not Warsaw but Crakow

http://player.vimeo.com/video/86924792? ... lor=f14e23

Oh I LOVE this!!! It's made me go all nostalgic and teary-eyed. My favourite city. Having seen it myself in all weathers, I can say it's especially beautiful in the snow.

Now I want to go back. NOW. :twisted:

Return to “All Around The World”