Texas

How to get the very best from Planet Earth.
Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Texas

Postby Loki » 18 Oct 2012, 03:49

A girl I know online is going to be visiting Texas for the first time. Her husband wants to go to a dude ranch.

Any of you Texans or people who know Texas have any suggestions to something like that, or just interesting attractions in general?

Thanx!

whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Re: Texas

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 19 Oct 2012, 03:36

I don't actually know anything about dude ranches, but I suspect one thing about them is that they would typically be inconvenient to most tourist sites in the rest of the state! Bandera is a cool little town west of San Antonio and is the self-proclaimed Cowboy Capitol of Texas or some such. I'm pretty sure they've got something out there in the way of dude ranches.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 19 Oct 2012, 05:56

Yeah, I think I saw something about Bandera when I went looking. Thanx. :)

Limpin' Jez McKenzie
Poptastic

Postby Limpin' Jez McKenzie » 19 Oct 2012, 17:26

Loki wrote:Yeah, I think I saw something about Bandera when I went looking. Thanx. :)

San Antonio is a decent place to visit for a couple of days - the Alamo is in the centre of downtown, and there's a decent "riverside walk" which is good fun. Better than Dallas.
I kept thinking "swim as far as you can, swim as far as you can".

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 19 Oct 2012, 21:29

Siren wrote:
Loki wrote:Yeah, I think I saw something about Bandera when I went looking. Thanx. :)

San Antonio is a decent place to visit for a couple of days - the Alamo is in the centre of downtown, and there's a decent "riverside walk" which is good fun. Better than Dallas.

Yeah, I've done that. I was surprised how small the Alamo is. And no basement! ;)

Return to “All Around The World”