Ricky Gervais at the Golden Globes

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

Did Ricky Gervais Cross a Line at the Golden Globes?

Yes
20%
No
80%
Footy in best supporting actor upset!
No votes

Total votes: 15

Bungo the Mungo

Re: Ricky Gervais at the Golden Globes

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 18 Jan 2011, 14:17

Well, they can SAY they were in on the joke later, in order to save face. I'm sure that happens at least some of the time.

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 18 Jan 2011, 14:30

Brad and Ryan FUCKWIT wrote: And that voice! I'd forgotten. It's a very very ugly thing. All those glottal stops, that high-pitched Home Counties whine. Dreadful.

:o

I am sure I am not the only home counties whiner who takes serious offence at this you regionalist bastard.
"He's thrown a kettle over a pub; what have you done?"

Qube

Postby Qube » 18 Jan 2011, 14:34

Speaking properly is a burden some of us just have to live with...

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 18 Jan 2011, 16:37

I still find it a bit amazing that Gervais is a big enough star in The States to land a gig like that. I guess I'm used to the idea of British actors and comedians struggling to make it in The States, whereas Gervais seems to have managed it with relative ease and without doing all that much it would seem.
I watched the video posted by Fred and I laughed, although the slightly frosty atmosphere was defintely audible and kind of blunted some of the comedic impact of his gags. I like the fact that Hollywood's vanity is being mocked and he does a pretty good job of it. He went further than I expected him to, especially with the Scientology gag. The audience gasped at that one.

The Great DeFector

Postby The Great DeFector » 18 Jan 2011, 17:19

Archbishop G! wrote:I still find it a bit amazing that Gervais is a big enough star in The States to land a gig like that. I guess I'm used to the idea of British actors and comedians struggling to make it in The States, whereas Gervais seems to have managed it with relative ease and without doing all that much it would seem.
I watched the video posted by Fred and I laughed, although the slightly frosty atmosphere was defintely audible and kind of blunted some of the comedic impact of his gags. I like the fact that Hollywood's vanity is being mocked and he does a pretty good job of it. He went further than I expected him to, especially with the Scientology gag. The audience gasped at that one.

I think we underestimate how big he is over there. I mean, he wrote a show for the simpsons who i assume they don't let just anyone do. He has two big enough budget films out, along with guest appearing in a few films.

Return to “Nextdoorland”