Post something you've learnt today

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 31921
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Minnie the Minx » 11 Dec 2020, 14:26

Looking for the stroke post I made threw up this one

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=135381&hilit=Stroke

How time has flown!!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

User avatar
Deebank
Resonator
Posts: 24177
Joined: 10 Oct 2003, 13:47
Location: Insanity filled foxhole

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Deebank » 12 Dec 2020, 10:53

While Kelvin MacKenzie is a colossal twat, I read today that when he sacked the Sun’s astrologer he started the letter, “as you will already know...”

:)
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 31921
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Minnie the Minx » 12 Dec 2020, 18:23

The ingredients of felt.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 31921
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Minnie the Minx » 12 Dec 2020, 18:24

Deebank wrote:While Kelvin MacKenzie is a colossal twat, I read today that when he sacked the Sun’s astrologer he started the letter, “as you will already know...”

:)


:D
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String
Posts: 21402
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Six String » 12 Dec 2020, 18:53

The complicated reasons and events around the fishing rights in the water around the UK. It seemed crazy when I heard this regarding Brexit.
This is not the year to think about what we don’t have.
It is the year we should be grateful for what we do have.

Six String
Posts: 21402
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Six String » 12 Dec 2020, 22:10

Last week i bought a Valhrona Hot Cocoa Bomb thinking it was just a large piece of chocolate with marshmallow in it as that was all that was listed on the ingredients besides sugar. Last night on BBC World News they had a little feel good story about these bombs. Apparently you put them in a mug and pour hot milk over it and it explodes in the cup with tiny marshmallows creating a cup of hot chocolate. It’s probably meant for children more than adults but I’m curious about the process so when R comes over in a few days we will give it a try and to make things interesting might add a little rum to the mug after the explosion. I thought it was just a hollow chocolate ball with marshmallow in it to be eaten out of hand. Anyone else heard of these things or had the experience? There are recipes on line on how to make them and videos on youtube of course. I’ve never claimed to have a pulse on the world but this still surprised me.
This is not the year to think about what we don’t have.
It is the year we should be grateful for what we do have.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 31921
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Minnie the Minx » 13 Dec 2020, 21:24

Jackfruit has no place in cookery.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 31921
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Minnie the Minx » 13 Dec 2020, 21:25

Six String wrote:Last week i bought a Valhrona Hot Cocoa Bomb thinking it was just a large piece of chocolate with marshmallow in it as that was all that was listed on the ingredients besides sugar. Last night on BBC World News they had a little feel good story about these bombs. Apparently you put them in a mug and pour hot milk over it and it explodes in the cup with tiny marshmallows creating a cup of hot chocolate. It’s probably meant for children more than adults but I’m curious about the process so when R comes over in a few days we will give it a try and to make things interesting might add a little rum to the mug after the explosion. I thought it was just a hollow chocolate ball with marshmallow in it to be eaten out of hand. Anyone else heard of these things or had the experience? There are recipes on line on how to make them and videos on youtube of course. I’ve never claimed to have a pulse on the world but this still surprised me.



They are SO 2019 :D
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String
Posts: 21402
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Six String » 13 Dec 2020, 22:38

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Six String wrote:Last week i bought a Valhrona Hot Cocoa Bomb thinking it was just a large piece of chocolate with marshmallow in it as that was all that was listed on the ingredients besides sugar. Last night on BBC World News they had a little feel good story about these bombs. Apparently you put them in a mug and pour hot milk over it and it explodes in the cup with tiny marshmallows creating a cup of hot chocolate. It’s probably meant for children more than adults but I’m curious about the process so when R comes over in a few days we will give it a try and to make things interesting might add a little rum to the mug after the explosion. I thought it was just a hollow chocolate ball with marshmallow in it to be eaten out of hand. Anyone else heard of these things or had the experience? There are recipes on line on how to make them and videos on youtube of course. I’ve never claimed to have a pulse on the world but this still surprised me.



They are SO 2019 :D


I’ve never claimed to be on top of pop culture. :lol: so, have you had one before?
This is not the year to think about what we don’t have.
It is the year we should be grateful for what we do have.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 31921
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Minnie the Minx » 14 Dec 2020, 14:51

That an octopus eats crabs.

Oh god, everyone has seen ‘My Octopus Teacher’ by now surely? What a fucking amazing thing.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

User avatar
harvey k-tel
Long Player
Posts: 40754
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby harvey k-tel » 15 Dec 2020, 17:28

Golfer Jack Nicklaus' grand-daughter just got married to a fellow named Todger Strunk.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

User avatar
Flower
Posts: 8966
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 22:22
Location: Unlisted

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Flower » 16 Dec 2020, 12:33

Sadly, my neighbor, Bill, is in the hospital receiving palliative care. Since I hadn't seen him for several weeks. I placed several phone calls to him, they all went straight to voice mail. When I saw a woman placing garbage in his bin, I went over on the off chance that she would know something .. she turned out to be Bill's sister and she and her brother were cleaning out Bill's apartment as he won't be leaving the hospital. :(

Since, I can't go to see Bill because of the pandemic, I sent a message to him and told his family how much Bill means to me and my family. A sad day. This is the second friend to die this year from cancer.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 31921
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Minnie the Minx » 16 Dec 2020, 21:04

If you watch PET scans in slo-mo, the spine and ribs loops like an octopus learning to swim.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

User avatar
Charlie O.
Posts: 42208
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:53
Location: In-A-Badda-La-Wadda, bay-beh

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Charlie O. » 16 Dec 2020, 21:07

"Twelve plus one" is an anagram of "eleven plus two".
Image

Six String
Posts: 21402
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Six String » 16 Dec 2020, 22:13

Minnie the Minx wrote:If you watch PET scans in slo-mo, the spine and ribs loops like an octopus learning to swim.

:lol:
This is not the year to think about what we don’t have.
It is the year we should be grateful for what we do have.

User avatar
Rorschach
Posts: 2560
Joined: 02 Jun 2008, 12:43

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Rorschach » 17 Dec 2020, 17:59

Charlie O. wrote:"Twelve plus one" is an anagram of "eleven plus two".


:shock:

Mind truly blown.
Bugger off.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 31921
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Minnie the Minx » 19 Dec 2020, 15:20

There’s a great instagram site called Cats of Brutalism
https://www.instagram.com/cats_of_brutalism/?hl=en
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

User avatar
jimboo
Posts: 6953
Joined: 29 Dec 2005, 17:43
Location: taking a foxy kind of stand

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby jimboo » 20 Dec 2020, 10:21

harvey k-tel wrote:Golfer Jack Nicklaus' grand-daughter just got married to a fellow named Todger Strunk.

Oh , for fucks sake Harv! :D
Todger ?
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 31921
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Minnie the Minx » 21 Dec 2020, 18:02

You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

User avatar
Charlie O.
Posts: 42208
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:53
Location: In-A-Badda-La-Wadda, bay-beh

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Charlie O. » 21 Dec 2020, 18:11

I love stuff like that.
Image