Post something you've learnt today

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68997
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Diamond Dog » 26 Mar 2020, 18:10

Diamond Dog wrote:
The question of its virulence is difficult to forecast because the numbers infected are probably so many times that which we know - therefore the % of fatalities will be significantly reduced once those numbers become apparent. I'm not in anyway under-estimating the fatalities, Tym
.

Jimbo wrote:Can't understand it. Parse it, could you.


The fatality % will fall because there are many more diagnosed than were originally being diagnosed.
So I got several cans of Pringles.But what they don't fucking tell you..is that the primary ingredient is something called "olean" which I have since learned is Latin for "Unwashable & Indestructible Ass Grease."

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68997
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Diamond Dog » 01 Apr 2020, 19:28

February 15th:
Jimbo wrote:You worried about an epidemic? Here's an epidemic our media don't want you to be worried about. From the Lancet ... okay?

About 200 million cases of viral community-acquired pneumonia occur every year—100 million in children and
100 million in adults.

http://biblioteca.asmn.re.it/allegati/l ... 093922.pdf

And this is why the corona virus story is utter horseshit. Even if they tell us 1000, 2000, 3000 people have died, that's nothing compared to a real threat like pneumonia - which kills millions every year. So don't believe the hype, please. I mean they're considering stopping the Tokyo Olympics over this media/pharma fake trifle.



Researchers at Johns Hopkins University say 887,067 people around the world have become infected and 44,264 have died.
So I got several cans of Pringles.But what they don't fucking tell you..is that the primary ingredient is something called "olean" which I have since learned is Latin for "Unwashable & Indestructible Ass Grease."

User avatar
Geezee
Posts: 12577
Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 10:14
Location: Where joy divides into vision

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Geezee » 01 Apr 2020, 22:46

i had never seen the preamble to George Best's famous goal for San Jose where he dribbles across god knows how many players to score - that the opposition had just before that scored a goal that was apparently clearly offside, that Best got into such a rage with the ref that he nearly got sent off, and then tells his teammates to just pass it to him - which they do and then there's the end-result. I had seen the abuse he gives the ref as part of his celebration, which now makes sense but which I hadn't given much thought to before.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68997
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Diamond Dog » 05 Apr 2020, 11:20

Diamond Dog wrote:February 15th:
Jimbo wrote:You worried about an epidemic? Here's an epidemic our media don't want you to be worried about. From the Lancet ... okay?

About 200 million cases of viral community-acquired pneumonia occur every year—100 million in children and
100 million in adults.

http://biblioteca.asmn.re.it/allegati/l ... 093922.pdf

And this is why the corona virus story is utter horseshit. Even if they tell us 1000, 2000, 3000 people have died, that's nothing compared to a real threat like pneumonia - which kills millions every year. So don't believe the hype, please. I mean they're considering stopping the Tokyo Olympics over this media/pharma fake trifle.



Researchers at Johns Hopkins University say 887,067 people around the world have become infected and 44,264 have died.


So, four days on..

1,213,914 infected.
253,597 recovered.
65,600 deaths.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
So I got several cans of Pringles.But what they don't fucking tell you..is that the primary ingredient is something called "olean" which I have since learned is Latin for "Unwashable & Indestructible Ass Grease."

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 17804
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Jimbo » 06 Apr 2020, 03:03

Diamond Dog wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:February 15th:
Jimbo wrote:You worried about an epidemic? Here's an epidemic our media don't want you to be worried about. From the Lancet ... okay?


http://biblioteca.asmn.re.it/allegati/l ... 093922.pdf

And this is why the corona virus story is utter horseshit. Even if they tell us 1000, 2000, 3000 people have died, that's nothing compared to a real threat like pneumonia - which kills millions every year. So don't believe the hype, please. I mean they're considering stopping the Tokyo Olympics over this media/pharma fake trifle.



Researchers at Johns Hopkins University say 887,067 people around the world have become infected and 44,264 have died.


So, four days on..

1,213,914 infected.
253,597 recovered.
65,600 deaths.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/


Okay, DD, I give. The thing is not as horseshitty as I said. There have been far more corona virus related deaths than I had thought and that maybe social distancing, etc., has helped keep the numbers lower and hospitals freer. But DD, my friend and rival, how about me gloating about something I had predicted and you poo pooed? Trump, the man you love to hate, went and signed the equivalent of Medicare for all, the Cares Act which will pay doctors from government coffers for their services. The act might even have Yang's UBI. I had predicted a Nixon goes to China move for Trump because he did promise a better system than Obama. This might be it.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-con ... /3548/text
You don't have to be smart to see how fucked up this shit is. Jimmy Dore

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 17804
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Jimbo » 06 Apr 2020, 08:58

Jimbo wrote: There have been far more corona virus related deaths than I had thought ...


Oh man. Just as I pull myself out of the swill along comes some info that pulls me right back in.

Apr 5, 2020

Covid19 Death Figures “A Substantial Over-Estimate”

Bizarre guidelines from health authorities around the world are potentially including thousands of deceased patients who were never even tested

Kit Knightly

https://off-guardian.org/2020/04/05/cov ... -estimate/
You don't have to be smart to see how fucked up this shit is. Jimmy Dore

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68997
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Diamond Dog » 06 Apr 2020, 19:18

Jimbo wrote:
Okay, DD, I give. The thing is not as horseshitty as I said.


I stopped reading right there.
So I got several cans of Pringles.But what they don't fucking tell you..is that the primary ingredient is something called "olean" which I have since learned is Latin for "Unwashable & Indestructible Ass Grease."

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57818
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby C » 07 Apr 2020, 10:35

During World War II the German Navy had 40,000 men serving on U-Boats (submarines).

Only 10,000 survived.

That's an awful statistic





.
Nancy wrote:My inner child is very hairy, lives in a cave, has a guitar and amplifier and stacks of Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, UFO and Deep Purple cranked to 12.

Six String
Posts: 20956
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Six String » 07 Apr 2020, 17:25

There's a Tiger Wood near Essex.

User avatar
Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 44048
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Impregnable Citadel of Technicality

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Dr. Baron » 07 Apr 2020, 18:54

Deodato’s daughter married the right wing Baldwin Brother. Their daughter married Justin Bieber.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

User avatar
Jimbly
Posts: 21340
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Jimbly » 07 Apr 2020, 19:30

Still Baron wrote:Deodato’s daughter married the right wing Baldwin Brother. Their daughter married Justin Bieber.


I knew the first part but not the second part. Posted it a few years ago, the first part.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57818
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby C » 07 Apr 2020, 20:26

.
Last edited by C on 07 Apr 2020, 20:47, edited 1 time in total.
Nancy wrote:My inner child is very hairy, lives in a cave, has a guitar and amplifier and stacks of Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, UFO and Deep Purple cranked to 12.

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 28693
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby toomanyhatz » 07 Apr 2020, 20:36

Jimbo wrote:Trump, the man you love to hate, went and signed the equivalent of Medicare for all, the Cares Act which will pay doctors from government coffers for their services. The act might even have Yang's UBI. I had predicted a Nixon goes to China move for Trump because he did promise a better system than Obama. This might be it.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-con ... /3548/text


There is absolutely nothing in there that changes non-Coronavirus related medical care in the slightest.

COVID-19 is closer to a yearly flu than this is to Medicare For All. And I've already told you how close I think that is...
Jimbo wrote:Solid conspiracy thinking is actually just deep investigative journalism.

Jimbo also wrote:Here is Icke's most up to date interview. Three hours.


1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020? 2021? 2022?

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 28693
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby toomanyhatz » 07 Apr 2020, 20:37

Please, either quit drinking the Kool-Aid or quit denying you like how it goes down.
Jimbo wrote:Solid conspiracy thinking is actually just deep investigative journalism.

Jimbo also wrote:Here is Icke's most up to date interview. Three hours.


1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020? 2021? 2022?

Six String
Posts: 20956
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Six String » 07 Apr 2020, 20:48

C wrote:
Six String wrote:There's a Tiger Wood near Essex.


Les, my dear friend, do you mean Tiger Hill Wood which is in Bures, north of Colchester, Essex?

What is interesting about Bures is that the town straddles the Essex/Suffolk border

I may be wrong and there may be a Tiger Wood, Essex - so apologies if there is





.


Just quoting from Wildwood by Roger Deakin. No mention of Hill, just Tiger Wood. I thought it was interesting as the golfer's name is pretty unique. Coincidence?

"...valley of the Stour on the borders of Essex...." is near Tiger Wood.

Six String
Posts: 20956
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Six String » 07 Apr 2020, 20:58

Six String wrote:
C wrote:
Six String wrote:There's a Tiger Wood near Essex.


Les, my dear friend, do you mean Tiger Hill Wood which is in Bures, north of Colchester, Essex?

What is interesting about Bures is that the town straddles the Essex/Suffolk border

I may be wrong and there may be a Tiger Wood, Essex - so apologies if there is





.


Just quoting from Wildwood by Roger Deakin. No mention of Hill, just Tiger Wood. I thought it was interesting as the golfer's name is pretty unique. Coincidence?

"...valley of the Stour on the borders of Essex...." is near Tiger Wood.


It may be one and the same place as it also mentioned Suffolk in the next paragraph.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68997
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Diamond Dog » 13 Apr 2020, 09:04

Krakatoa erupted yesterday.
So I got several cans of Pringles.But what they don't fucking tell you..is that the primary ingredient is something called "olean" which I have since learned is Latin for "Unwashable & Indestructible Ass Grease."

Sam Stone
Posts: 2005
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 17:12

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Sam Stone » 13 Apr 2020, 11:08

in a 2008 survey that evaluated proposed road schemes in terms of how many deaths they might prevent, the Highways Agency arrived at a figure £1,648,390 per fatality. If this figure still applied, our current annual GDP could bear about 965,000 fatalities

User avatar
Jimbly
Posts: 21340
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Jimbly » 13 Apr 2020, 11:20

Michael Gove's 17 year old daughter is more important than NHS frontline workers.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68997
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Diamond Dog » 13 Apr 2020, 11:46

My Brother Plays The Guitar wrote:Michael Gove's 17 year old daughter is more important than NHS frontline workers.


Or.... Michael Gove returning to work at home - already working from home anyway- is more important than NHS workers safety.
So I got several cans of Pringles.But what they don't fucking tell you..is that the primary ingredient is something called "olean" which I have since learned is Latin for "Unwashable & Indestructible Ass Grease."