Post something you've learnt today

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Still Baron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 41897
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Impregnable Citadel of Technicality

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Still Baron » 11 Aug 2017, 13:57

I learned that, in Texas, if a spouse enters a marriage with home owned free and clear (separate property), the married couple live in that house as their homestead, and the spouse who owned the home dies with a will specifically disinheriting the other spouse and leaving the entire estate to a child, the disinherited spouse cannot be forced out of the house, and can live there until he or she dies (a life estate) even though the child owns the house.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 63522
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Aug 2017, 09:38

Coan has one of these.

Image
Romani ite domum

User avatar
kewl klive
cultural defective
Posts: 13930
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: Petrus inhibito pompus

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby kewl klive » 12 Aug 2017, 11:23

Diamond Dog wrote:The Gash Twat still thinks I actually read his posts.

How sweet.


Bless.
Diamond Dog wrote:RIP Jake. A tough, tough, tough man. A man you really didn't want to get into a street brawl with.


Hodgson wrote:John posted a picture of me which he'd doctored nastily


User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 63522
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Aug 2017, 11:31

The Savage Young Gash wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:The Gash Twat still thinks I actually read his posts.

How sweet.


Bless.



Did I need your permission to start reading what you're gradually grinding BCB down with, you ignorant buffoon?
Romani ite domum

User avatar
Geezee
Posts: 11803
Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 10:14
Location: Where joy divides into vision

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Geezee » 14 Aug 2017, 09:06

Still Baron wrote:I learned that, in Texas, if a spouse enters a marriage with home owned free and clear (separate property), the married couple live in that house as their homestead, and the spouse who owned the home dies with a will specifically disinheriting the other spouse and leaving the entire estate to a child, the disinherited spouse cannot be forced out of the house, and can live there until he or she dies (a life estate) even though the child owns the house.


that's a tricky one. wonder if that's unique or how other countries/states treat that kind of situation.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

User avatar
bhoywonder
The Magnificent
Posts: 27391
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:06
Location: Bristol, UK
Contact:

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby bhoywonder » 14 Aug 2017, 09:29

Darkness_Fish wrote:Adopting executed children is a weird thing to do. Reminds me of Gogol's Dead Souls.


:D

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 63522
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Diamond Dog » 14 Aug 2017, 14:04

Someone is away feverishly combing the internet for incriminating revelations, whilst his quisling bitch runs interference....
Romani ite domum

User avatar
kewl klive
cultural defective
Posts: 13930
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: Petrus inhibito pompus

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby kewl klive » 14 Aug 2017, 14:08

Diamond Dog wrote:Someone is away feverishly combing the internet for incriminating revelations, whilst his quisling bitch runs interference....


Misogynist.
Diamond Dog wrote:RIP Jake. A tough, tough, tough man. A man you really didn't want to get into a street brawl with.


Hodgson wrote:John posted a picture of me which he'd doctored nastily


User avatar
kewl klive
cultural defective
Posts: 13930
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: Petrus inhibito pompus

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby kewl klive » 14 Aug 2017, 14:11

If it looks like a misogynist, walks like a misogynist, and talks like a misogynist, then it probably is a misogynist.
Diamond Dog wrote:RIP Jake. A tough, tough, tough man. A man you really didn't want to get into a street brawl with.


Hodgson wrote:John posted a picture of me which he'd doctored nastily


User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 63522
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Diamond Dog » 14 Aug 2017, 14:21

Still trying to push that part of Adam's agenda, are we?

Image
Romani ite domum

User avatar
kewl klive
cultural defective
Posts: 13930
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: Petrus inhibito pompus

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby kewl klive » 18 Aug 2017, 00:58

"The story of the most flagrant mistake in the modern history of sports journalism"

http://deadspin.com/the-fallout-from-sp ... 1797691830
Diamond Dog wrote:RIP Jake. A tough, tough, tough man. A man you really didn't want to get into a street brawl with.


Hodgson wrote:John posted a picture of me which he'd doctored nastily


User avatar
Geezee
Posts: 11803
Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 10:14
Location: Where joy divides into vision

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Geezee » 18 Aug 2017, 09:33

neville harp wrote:"The story of the most flagrant mistake in the modern history of sports journalism"

http://deadspin.com/the-fallout-from-sp ... 1797691830


Fantastic article - so much background/detail! Incredible.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

User avatar
kewl klive
cultural defective
Posts: 13930
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: Petrus inhibito pompus

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby kewl klive » 31 Aug 2017, 21:44

Macedonian ‘Moby-Dick’ Translator Ognen Čemerski, 42, Was a Meticulous Linguist and Engaged Educator

https://globalvoices.org/2017/08/30/mac ... cator/amp/
Diamond Dog wrote:RIP Jake. A tough, tough, tough man. A man you really didn't want to get into a street brawl with.


Hodgson wrote:John posted a picture of me which he'd doctored nastily


User avatar
Geezee
Posts: 11803
Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 10:14
Location: Where joy divides into vision

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Geezee » 01 Sep 2017, 13:39

Geezee wrote:
neville harp wrote:"The story of the most flagrant mistake in the modern history of sports journalism"

http://deadspin.com/the-fallout-from-sp ... 1797691830


Fantastic article - so much background/detail! Incredible.


On a similar note...


Cycling Weekly sorry for 'token attractive woman' caption

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-le ... e-41122033
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

User avatar
Nit Picking Prick
funky thigh collector
Posts: 28411
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Nit Picking Prick » 08 Sep 2017, 22:47

Americans are not familiar with the term 'jotter'
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Harvey K-Tel
Long Player
Posts: 38728
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 08 Sep 2017, 23:50

I must have really particular taste in footwear 'cause I can't find anything I like or want to wear.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

User avatar
Harvey K-Tel
Long Player
Posts: 38728
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 11 Sep 2017, 16:59

Well, yesterday I finally found a pair of boots that I like. This morning I did my usual 4km walk to work in them. Big fucking mistake. :cry:
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 59659
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 Sep 2017, 17:02

neville harp wrote:"The story of the most flagrant mistake in the modern history of sports journalism"

http://deadspin.com/the-fallout-from-sp ... 1797691830


:lol:
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:I for one wouldn't want to know what memories and deep and dark forces drive Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, or Radiohead, for certain.

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 59659
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 Sep 2017, 17:03

Minnie the Minx wrote:Americans are not familiar with the term 'jotter'


I had to look it up. It makes sense, since you jot something down in a "NOTEBOOK."
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:I for one wouldn't want to know what memories and deep and dark forces drive Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, or Radiohead, for certain.

User avatar
kewl klive
cultural defective
Posts: 13930
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: Petrus inhibito pompus

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby kewl klive » 11 Sep 2017, 17:05

Harvey K-Tel wrote:Well, yesterday I finally found a pair of boots that I like. This morning I did my usual 4km walk to work in them. Big fucking mistake. :cry:


Image
Diamond Dog wrote:RIP Jake. A tough, tough, tough man. A man you really didn't want to get into a street brawl with.


Hodgson wrote:John posted a picture of me which he'd doctored nastily