Post something you've learnt today

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 17040
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: down the rabbit hole

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby clive gash » 11 Jul 2017, 14:18

It's worse than that, he works from home :(
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...yet it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce, didn't it?


User avatar
harvey k-tel
Long Player
Posts: 40325
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby harvey k-tel » 11 Jul 2017, 14:19

:lol:
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

User avatar
Dr Markus
Posts: 17670
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Dr Markus » 11 Jul 2017, 14:47

The Savage Young Gash wrote:It's worse than that, he works from home :(



:lol: Well played.







wanker
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
Dr Markus
Posts: 17670
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Dr Markus » 11 Jul 2017, 14:47

Harvey K-Tel wrote:Have they told you where it is?


Yeah I used to work there for the previous company many moons ago.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
Dr Markus
Posts: 17670
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Dr Markus » 17 Jul 2017, 13:31

Roise perez of..................white men can't jump fame, is a boxing pundit.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
Charlie O.
Posts: 39708
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:53
Location: In-A-Badda-La-Wadda, bay-beh

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Charlie O. » 17 Jul 2017, 22:37

San Francisco's Public Health Director during the sixties was named Ellis D. Sox.
Image

User avatar
Geezee
Posts: 12373
Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 10:14
Location: Where joy divides into vision

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Geezee » 20 Jul 2017, 13:50

I didn't know that Spandau Ballet were named after WWI slang used for twitching corpses hanging on barbed wire who kept being hit by (Spandau) machine gun fire.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

User avatar
Belle Lettre
Éminence grise
Posts: 15734
Joined: 09 Oct 2008, 07:16
Location: Antiterra

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Belle Lettre » 20 Jul 2017, 18:14

"Palestinist" as a derogatory term. Seen on some Hasbara FB page or other.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 67357
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Diamond Dog » 04 Aug 2017, 12:55

The Gash Twat still thinks I actually read his posts.

How sweet.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
"Don't be seduced into thinking that which did not make a profit is without value"
"'Seize the moments as they fly, know to live and learn to die'."

User avatar
Deebank
Resonator
Posts: 23255
Joined: 10 Oct 2003, 13:47
Location: In a beautiful place out in the country

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Deebank » 05 Aug 2017, 16:13

Geezee wrote:I didn't know that Spandau Ballet were named after WWI slang used for twitching corpses hanging on barbed wire who kept being hit by (Spandau) machine gun fire.


A(nother) pedant writes...

Incorrect!

The Spandau Ballet was the 'dance' of the hanging Nazi war criminals in Spandau prison.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

User avatar
Geezee
Posts: 12373
Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 10:14
Location: Where joy divides into vision

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Geezee » 07 Aug 2017, 16:27

Deebank wrote:
Geezee wrote:I didn't know that Spandau Ballet were named after WWI slang used for twitching corpses hanging on barbed wire who kept being hit by (Spandau) machine gun fire.


A(nother) pedant writes...

Incorrect!

The Spandau Ballet was the 'dance' of the hanging Nazi war criminals in Spandau prison.


I think both are right - it was originally an expression in WWI that was adapted in WWII.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

User avatar
Deebank
Resonator
Posts: 23255
Joined: 10 Oct 2003, 13:47
Location: In a beautiful place out in the country

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Deebank » 07 Aug 2017, 17:44

Geezee wrote:
Deebank wrote:
Geezee wrote:I didn't know that Spandau Ballet were named after WWI slang used for twitching corpses hanging on barbed wire who kept being hit by (Spandau) machine gun fire.


A(nother) pedant writes...

Incorrect!

The Spandau Ballet was the 'dance' of the hanging Nazi war criminals in Spandau prison.


I think both are right - it was originally an expression in WWI that was adapted in WWII.


Plausible
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

User avatar
harvey k-tel
Long Player
Posts: 40325
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby harvey k-tel » 09 Aug 2017, 17:09

Gary Numan was born 13 days before Gary Oldman (March 8, '58 / March 21, '58).
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

User avatar
Dr Markus
Posts: 17670
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Dr Markus » 09 Aug 2017, 18:32

Americans really love their meetings, so much so, they have meetings about meetings.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
bhoywonder
The Magnificent
Posts: 27391
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:06
Location: Bristol, UK
Contact:

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby bhoywonder » 11 Aug 2017, 10:23

The guy who wrote Strange Fruit later adopted the Rosenberg's children after they were executed.

User avatar
Darkness_Fish
Posts: 6402
Joined: 27 Jul 2015, 09:58

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Darkness_Fish » 11 Aug 2017, 13:49

Adopting executed children is a weird thing to do. Reminds me of Gogol's Dead Souls.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

User avatar
Stille Baron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 43115
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Impregnable Citadel of Technicality

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Stille Baron » 11 Aug 2017, 13:57

I learned that, in Texas, if a spouse enters a marriage with home owned free and clear (separate property), the married couple live in that house as their homestead, and the spouse who owned the home dies with a will specifically disinheriting the other spouse and leaving the entire estate to a child, the disinherited spouse cannot be forced out of the house, and can live there until he or she dies (a life estate) even though the child owns the house.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 67357
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Aug 2017, 09:38

Coan has one of these.

Image
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
"Don't be seduced into thinking that which did not make a profit is without value"
"'Seize the moments as they fly, know to live and learn to die'."

User avatar
clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 17040
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: down the rabbit hole

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby clive gash » 12 Aug 2017, 11:23

Diamond Dog wrote:The Gash Twat still thinks I actually read his posts.

How sweet.


Bless.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...yet it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce, didn't it?


User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 67357
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Post something you've learnt today

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Aug 2017, 11:31

The Savage Young Gash wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:The Gash Twat still thinks I actually read his posts.

How sweet.


Bless.



Did I need your permission to start reading what you're gradually grinding BCB down with, you ignorant buffoon?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
"Don't be seduced into thinking that which did not make a profit is without value"
"'Seize the moments as they fly, know to live and learn to die'."