NEW Boardgames thread

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Corporate whore
Genuine and Authorised Pope

Re: NEW Boardgames thread

Postby Corporate whore » 22 Jun 2016, 19:17

Corporate whore wrote:The implementation is a bit buggy- some of the events are not working properlyfor a start.

Which were sorted out quite promptly: not sure what someone who has not played the board game version will make of it.

Corporate whore

Postby Corporate whore » 22 Jun 2016, 19:19

Toby wrote:New additions -

The Gallerist
Food Chain Magnate
Falling Sky - The Gallic Revolt against Caesar
A Study in Emerald

FCM is ace, possibly my game of the year thus far.

Assume that's Study in Emerald V2? I have a copy but have never played it.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 12 Sep 2016, 11:22

Going to Spiele in Essen for the first time next month.

There's not a huge amount I'm actually interested in seeing/buying apart from the latest in the "Pax" series - Renaissance. But it's more for the atmosphere and the spectacle more than anything else. I'll probably pick up a few boardgames for my son as well.

Not much on the new purchases, apart from Neanderthal & Scythe, which I've not even opened yet.

I also tentatively started my own boardgaming blog - https://isitmygo.wordpress.com/

Corporate whore

Postby Corporate whore » 15 Sep 2016, 10:41

Toby wrote:Going to Spiele in Essen for the first time next month.

There's not a huge amount I'm actually interested in seeing/buying apart from the latest in the "Pax" series - Renaissance. But it's more for the atmosphere and the spectacle more than anything else. I'll probably pick up a few boardgames for my son as well.

Not much on the new purchases, apart from Neanderthal & Scythe, which I've not even opened yet.

I also tentatively started my own boardgaming blog - https://isitmygo.wordpress.com/

I will be there Thursday / Friday - unfortunately (for the first time ever) we wont have a stand: Although I will undoubtedly be using the Stratamax stand as a base; Max is a great bloke if you drop by for a chat.

Have you seen the preview list on the Geek - I have started going through it (all 25 pages) and compiling a short list of the things I want to see. I then go and get demo's and usually end up buying about 25% of the stuff on my list. There are also a few people I trust who I take advice from.

If you don't have plans for the evening, we usually go to a beerkeller we know and then back to the hotel to play games - I will send you details on Facebook.

Corporate whore

Postby Corporate whore » 15 Sep 2016, 10:51

Corporate whore

Postby Corporate whore » 15 Sep 2016, 10:52

martha wrote:Of all of that Spiredice and Captain Sonar were my favorites.

That's an impressive list!

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 15 Sep 2016, 11:34

Corporate whore wrote:
Toby wrote:Going to Spiele in Essen for the first time next month.

I will be there Thursday / Friday - unfortunately (for the first time ever) we wont have a stand: Although I will undoubtedly be using the Stratamax stand as a base; Max is a great bloke if you drop by for a chat.

Have you seen the preview list on the Geek - I have started going through it (all 25 pages) and compiling a short list of the things I want to see. I then go and get demo's and usually end up buying about 25% of the stuff on my list. There are also a few people I trust who I take advice from.

If you don't have plans for the evening, we usually go to a beerkeller we know and then back to the hotel to play games - I will send you details on Facebook.

Ah cool, I had forgotten you'll be there. We are actually staying in Dusseldorf as we booked relatively late and couldn't find anywhere in Essen that was suitable. We travel on the Thursday and are using Friday as our main day, so it would be good to meet up. No plans for the evening as of yet so I reckon we'll be good for boozes.

I've had a look through the list. There are probably about 5 I might buy - Mare Nostrum I'm interested in, Victory or Death, Pax Renaissance and maybe a couple of others.

Corporate whore

Postby Corporate whore » 15 Sep 2016, 11:50

if you decide to go next year, let me know and I should be able to get you into our hotel (we essentially book the entire hotel), its in walking distance of the Messe.

Thursday night is usually 'barrel night' for our gang at the Housbraerie;
http://www.ruettenscheider-hausbrauerei.de/

(although that's not confirmed). Its handy for the Messe, and a short U-bahn ride to the main train station.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 15 Sep 2016, 11:56

Nice one. I'll drop you a line on FB nearer the time and I'll see if we can meet up with you. Going with 3 others, and another I'm meeting up with.

Ray K.

Postby Ray K. » 07 Oct 2016, 14:46

A couple new ones in the K household:

Citadels (this has been a real hit with my girls)
Isle of Skye (another hit with the family)
City of Spies (my adult folks dig this)
and Karuba (haven't gotten this to the table yet)

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 12 Mar 2017, 14:50

Recent purchases

Scythe
Pax Renaissance
Fabled Fruit
Mondrian the Dice Game
They who were 8
Odin's Ravens
Shadowrun Crossfire
Karuba
Cave Evil War Cults
Kanagawa
Cuba Libre

Corporate whore

Postby Corporate whore » 12 Mar 2017, 21:06

Terraforming Mars,
Great western Trails
1846 for me.

I scored a second hand Age of Rennaisaince last week as well- I already have a copy but it's warn out so a spare will come in handy.

The Savage Young Gash
cultural defective

Postby The Savage Young Gash » 12 Mar 2017, 21:15

The gash clan are currently entrenched in:

Imbroglio
Higher Beans
Lozenge Lounge
Terry's Cock
Dogshit wrote:I'd like to say I;d never resort to bombs - but I;m not sure I can ever truly walk in those shoes

Dogshit wrote:I do find the inclusion of women unsavoury

Dogshit wrote:Yeah, we're all influenced by life, aren't we - in different ways.

Return to “Nextdoorland”