in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

yum

strawberries
73%
strawberry-flavoured
27%

Total votes: 15

Hugh

Re: strawberries or strawberry-flavoured?

Postby Hugh » 16 Nov 2010, 23:28

Admiral G wrote:You used to be able to get powder you could make into drinks and they tasted a bit like that.

Do you mean Cremola Foam? Cremola Foam was fantastic. I used to eat it off the spoon.

Leg of lamb
Jane Austen enthusiast

Postby Leg of lamb » 17 Nov 2010, 00:16

I'm in no danger of depriving myself of fun, junky food, but I have to say I'm glad I grew up a decade or two later than you lot. My parents wouldn't let this shit within a mile of the house!

Mind you, I ate quite a few jelly sweets. And two packets of crisps a day :oops: (honestly, that was damage limitation - always been a weakness of mine)

But yeah, all that weird, hyper-flavoured stuff, fluffs and such... not something I crave.
Brother Spoon wrote:I would probably enjoy this record more if it came to me in a brown paper bag filled with manure, instead of this richly illustrated disgrace to my eyes.

Billybob Dylan
Bonehead

Postby Billybob Dylan » 17 Nov 2010, 17:25

square root of toot wrote:Banana-flavoured is a better example, maybe. That chemical flavour doesn't taste quite like bananas - it's better!

That's the odd thing. If artificial banana flavor was called "Glang" instead of "banana flavor" my opinion of banana Nesquik might have been "Ooh! This Glang's quite nice. It's a bit like banana but a bit more chemically" instead of "Yuck!"
"I've been reduced to thruppence!"

Nolamike

Postby Nolamike » 17 Nov 2010, 17:31

Billybob wrote:
square root of toot wrote:Banana-flavoured is a better example, maybe. That chemical flavour doesn't taste quite like bananas - it's better!

That's the odd thing. If artificial banana flavor was called "Glang" instead of "banana flavor" my opinion of banana Nesquik might have been "Ooh! This Glang's quite nice. It's a bit like banana but a bit more chemically" instead of "Yuck!"

When I was a kid, I loved Banana flavored Now and Laters, even though they tasted exactly like the smell of spray paint.
Sir John Coan wrote:Nolamike is speaking nothing but sense here.

Loki wrote:Mike is Hookfinger's shill.

Return to “Nextdoorland”