DISAGREE
45%

Total votes: 40

Johnny Dumfries

Nick Clegg = TRAITOR?

Postby Johnny Dumfries » 08 May 2010, 09:47

:?:

ie constituitionally, or party politically
Last edited by Johnny Dumfries on 01 Oct 2010, 13:04, edited 1 time in total.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Re: Nick Clegg = TRAITOR?

Postby yomptepi » 08 May 2010, 09:50

You need to make the question clear Wolfie.

A traitor to whom?
You don't like me...do you?

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 08 May 2010, 09:57

The non-libs that voted for him to keep the Tories out?

We'll have to see if his party gives him the go-ahead to deal with Cameron

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 08 May 2010, 10:04

You have accept that some torys will have voted Lib Dem to keep Labour out as well you know. Tactical voting is not a one way street, altho the terminal arrogance of the average Labour voter would have you believe it is.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 08 May 2010, 10:18

No one voted for the Liberal Dems to have them prop up a lame duck Conservative minority Govt, that is for certain.

If he does betray his voters, it will come back to haunt him... especially if they don't budge on PR - and they won't will they.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

the hanging monkey
can't be arsed

Postby the hanging monkey » 08 May 2010, 10:28

The answer is nobody knows yet, he hasn't actually done anything other than open a dialogue - which is a sensible move IMO.
The Dríver wrote:We even have village idiots.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 08 May 2010, 10:29

Deebank wrote:No one voted for the Liberal Dems to have them prop up a lame duck Conservative minority Govt, that is for certain.

If he does betray his voters, it will come back to haunt him... especially if they don't budge on PR - and they won't will they.

More dumb arrogance.

How can you possibly assume that no Lib dem voter would rather the torys to Labour. That is absurd. There are political veiws that are not yours you know.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 08 May 2010, 10:35

Clint Planet wrote:
yomptepi wrote:You have accept that some torys will have voted Lib Dem to keep Labour out as well you know. Tactical voting is not a one way street, altho the terminal arrogance of the average Labour voter would have you believe it is.

We're only arrogant because we're cleverer than you.

:|

Oscar
Northern Taoist

Postby Oscar » 08 May 2010, 10:36

I think this is an ethical and effective strategy. He has said his preference is with the party with majority vote because this is the democratic thing to do - to respect the people's choice. I think wherever he lays his hat he will be able to build the profile of the party and certainly of himself as a leader. I'd like to see the lib-dems get a bit of a chance because we always tend to judge them without having much if any actual experience of how they would run the country. The only reason I voted for the Lib-Dems is because they had comparitively very little involvement with the expenses scandal. And this is why I would never vote for Labour (or Tory) ever again as long as they continue to harbour the scum. Policy-wise, I think they all have things to offer and there's no clear winner for me.

the hanging monkey
can't be arsed

Postby the hanging monkey » 08 May 2010, 10:36

Kid P wrote:
Clint Planet wrote:
yomptepi wrote:You have accept that some torys will have voted Lib Dem to keep Labour out as well you know. Tactical voting is not a one way street, altho the terminal arrogance of the average Labour voter would have you believe it is.

We're only arrogant because we're cleverer than you.

It's funny 'cause it's true

And I didn't even pas my 11 pluss :|

Only cos you bunked off tho
The Dríver wrote:We even have village idiots.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 08 May 2010, 10:37

yomptepi wrote:
Deebank wrote:No one voted for the Liberal Dems to have them prop up a lame duck Conservative minority Govt, that is for certain.

More dumb arrogance.

How can you possibly assume that no Lib dem voter would rather the torys to Labour. That is absurd. There are political veiws that are not yours you know.

Dumb? Given that Liberal policy is more 'left' than Labour these days, it's not such a massive assumption is it.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 08 May 2010, 10:37

Kid P wrote:
And I didn't even pas my 11 pluss :|

Apparently you can sit it again when you're 18 these days.

jude
Turkey Boy (and destroyer of Spam Filters)
Location: Near Bradford's surrounding areas which encompass the city of Bradford (A small village near Leeds)

Postby jude » 08 May 2010, 10:40

the hanging monkey wrote:The answer is nobody knows yet, he hasn't actually done anything other than open a dialogue - which is a sensible move IMO.
Beaten to it by Mick.

Doubtless there will be Lib Dems who think he's a traitor whether they shack up with the Tories, Labour or neither.
Betty Denim wrote:And, quite frankly, if I had been raped and you said to me 'well yeah, it's crap innit; it's like that time I had to have a turnip curry' I'd do more than insult you.

Corporate whore
Genuine and Authorised Pope

Postby Corporate whore » 08 May 2010, 10:41

Oscar47 wrote:I think this is an ethical and effective strategy. He has said his preference is with the party with majority vote because this is the democratic thing to do - to respect the people's choice. I think wherever he lays his hat he will be able to build the profile of the party and certainly of himself as a leader. I'd like to see the lib-dems get a bit of a chance because we always tend to judge them without having much if any actual experience of how they would run the country. The only reason I voted for the Lib-Dems is because they had comparitively very little involvement with the expenses scandal. And this is why I would never vote for Labour (or Tory) ever again as long as they continue to harbour the scum. Policy-wise, I think they all have things to offer and there's no clear winner for me.

I fully endorse this message.

Corporate whore
Genuine and Authorised Pope

Postby Corporate whore » 08 May 2010, 10:42

Deebank wrote:
yomptepi wrote:

More dumb arrogance.

Dumb? Given that Liberal policy is more 'left' than Labour these days, it's not such a massive assumption is it.

Certainly more liberal then labours.

But then, 10M people appear to want to live in a police state.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 08 May 2010, 10:42

Deebank wrote:
yomptepi wrote:

More dumb arrogance.

and yet he is talking to Cameron.

People are far too hung up on the proportional representation thing. Economically, I would say the Liberals are closer to the torys, in that they want to put the debt first, rather than do a Brown, and ignore it, hoping it will go away. A liberal tory alliance could throw up some interesting policies. I am certainly in favour of having some kind of veto being placed on any tory administration, especially with some of the rather colourful and odd people they have on their front bench.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 08 May 2010, 10:43

corporate whore wrote:But then, 10M people appear to want to live in a police state.

I assume you mean Browns police state Martin?
Have you forgotton the demonstrations in London already?

Johnny Dumfries

Postby Johnny Dumfries » 08 May 2010, 10:48

yomptepi wrote:You need to make the question clear Wolfie.

A traitor to whom?

I meant a traitor to

- the progressive cause

and/or

- the British "constitution".

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 08 May 2010, 10:51

Common Sense Checklist wrote:
yomptepi wrote:You need to make the question clear Wolfie.

A traitor to whom?

I meant a traitor to

- the progressive cause

and/or

- the British "constitution".

There are more pressing things than idealism at stake right now. I think Clegg understands that. It is only Brown who does not.

Return to “Nextdoorland”