The Newbie Introduction Thread

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 28801
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: The Newbie Introduction Thread

Postby toomanyhatz » 01 Oct 2018, 01:16

Actually, what Prof says is 100% true. I'm sure I've done it myself. Posts that require approval come in in very large number at times, and it's extremely easy for one to slip through the cracks. But by all means, if you had to start a new account because you forgot your password, blame it on the person doing a tedious, thankless job for free rather than yourself.

On the bright side, by being so unnecessarily cranky about it, you have definitively proven you are the real Muffley, so welcome back!
Jimbo wrote:I need you to back up this claim.


1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020? 2021?

$P.Muff$

Re: The Newbie Introduction Thread

Postby $P.Muff$ » 01 Oct 2018, 01:32

It seemed pretty silly is all. It's not as if I posted links to Trek or some shit like that. It's a bicycle thread. I talked about bicycles. Lately I've been a bit obsessed with my bike ,reading up on components / upgrades, etc.

I dunno, that certainly felt to me like the proper thread to discuss that sort of thing, regardless if I was Pres Muffley or not. But thanks for the warm welcome back.

User avatar
Sneelock
Posts: 13826
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: The Newbie Introduction Thread

Postby Sneelock » 01 Oct 2018, 02:10

New avatar is way cute so it all worked out for the best.
Inka Dinka Doo

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 28801
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: The Newbie Introduction Thread

Postby toomanyhatz » 01 Oct 2018, 02:47

$P.Muff$ wrote:It seemed pretty silly is all. It's not as if I posted links to Trek or some shit like that. It's a bicycle thread. I talked about bicycles. Lately I've been a bit obsessed with my bike ,reading up on components / upgrades, etc.

I dunno, that certainly felt to me like the proper thread to discuss that sort of thing, regardless if I was Pres Muffley or not. But thanks for the warm welcome back.


My point was, if it's in a stack of 20 posts up for approval, it's not necessarily going to be scrutinized properly or read carefully. It's a mistake and an understandable one for those of us who know what the job of mod actually entails. Which is mostly dealing with spammers and fielding complaints. If you don't like the job we're doing please feel free to volunteer for it yourself. I'd happily give up my spot.
Jimbo wrote:I need you to back up this claim.


1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020? 2021?

$P.Muff$

Re: The Newbie Introduction Thread

Postby $P.Muff$ » 01 Oct 2018, 03:02

I get it. A mistake was made. I won't be starting any conspiracy threads regarding the error, so don't worry. Just seemed like someone might be a little too eager in using their apparently burdensome mod powers.

$P.Muff$

Re: The Newbie Introduction Thread

Postby $P.Muff$ » 01 Oct 2018, 03:12

Sneelock wrote:New avatar is way cute so it all worked out for the best.


Thanks. Frankie and I appreciate your positive vibes:

Image

User avatar
Shagger Dave
connecticut hermit
Posts: 6870
Joined: 23 Jul 2003, 01:25
Location: A place just south of Witches Valley

Re: The Newbie Introduction Thread

Postby Shagger Dave » 03 Oct 2018, 02:49

(in my best Dr Nick voice) HI, everybody!
He tries.

User avatar
Charlie O.
Posts: 41608
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:53
Location: In-A-Badda-La-Wadda, bay-beh

Re: The Newbie Introduction Thread

Postby Charlie O. » 03 Oct 2018, 03:08

You ain't no newbie!

It's good to see ya again, SD.
Image

User avatar
fange
100% fangetastic
Posts: 13643
Joined: 20 Jan 2010, 11:30
Location: 香港

Re: The Newbie Introduction Thread

Postby fange » 03 Oct 2018, 03:30

Yeah, welcome back!
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.


By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

User avatar
harvey k-tel
Long Player
Posts: 40710
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: The Newbie Introduction Thread

Postby harvey k-tel » 03 Oct 2018, 13:56

Hiya Dave!
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

User avatar
Sneelock
Posts: 13826
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: The Newbie Introduction Thread

Postby Sneelock » 05 Jan 2019, 18:41

Where’d he go? :(
I was gonna make espresso.
Inka Dinka Doo

User avatar
The North Yorks Moors
Posts: 98
Joined: 28 Jan 2019, 08:02
Location: Not North Yorkshire

Re: The Newbie Introduction Thread

Postby The North Yorks Moors » 30 Jan 2019, 08:30

Image

I was looking for a music forum that doesn't mind people swearing. The search function quickly showed this could be it. I'm a season ticket holder at Villa Park and also follow them away. I travel a bit when the footie's not on. My cat is called George.

User avatar
Darkness_Fish
Posts: 7295
Joined: 27 Jul 2015, 09:58

Re: The Newbie Introduction Thread

Postby Darkness_Fish » 30 Jan 2019, 11:39

The North Yorks Moors wrote:I'm a season ticket holder at Villa Park and also follow them away.

Hence the need for swearing, presumably.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

User avatar
The North Yorks Moors
Posts: 98
Joined: 28 Jan 2019, 08:02
Location: Not North Yorkshire

Re: The Newbie Introduction Thread

Postby The North Yorks Moors » 30 Jan 2019, 14:17

Darkness_Fish wrote:
The North Yorks Moors wrote:I'm a season ticket holder at Villa Park and also follow them away.

Hence the need for swearing, presumably.

Image

User avatar
Polishgirl
Posts: 9482
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 22:06

Re: The Newbie Introduction Thread

Postby Polishgirl » 31 Jan 2019, 18:06

The North Yorks Moors wrote:Image

My cat is called George.


George’s tummy is pretty irresistible.
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

User avatar
the masked man
Schadenfreude
Posts: 27074
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 12:29
Location: Peterborough

Re: The Newbie Introduction Thread

Postby the masked man » 04 Feb 2019, 13:40

Welcome North Yorks Moors!

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 31450
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: The Newbie Introduction Thread

Postby Minnie the Minx » 13 Jun 2019, 23:21

Wonder if I can get my name on every post on page 1!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

User avatar
Sneelock
Posts: 13826
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: The Newbie Introduction Thread

Postby Sneelock » 16 Aug 2019, 19:50

On your mark, get set, GO!
Inka Dinka Doo

User avatar
Johnny Fartpants
Posts: 448
Joined: 07 Feb 2016, 00:23

Re: The Newbie Introduction Thread

Postby Johnny Fartpants » 30 Sep 2019, 18:06

Joe Baxter wrote:
Loki wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:Johnny Fartpants

Did Mark quit Facebook?


He unfriended me on Facebook, apparently because he didn't like my posts about Scottish independence and politics, about which he knew fuck all.


And neither do you. :P

I unfriended you on Facebook not because I didn’t like your posts on Scottish Independece. I unfriended you because of your steadfast refusal to even consider any opinion ... and indeed facts ... that didn’t meet with your bigoted view of the world. You used to constantly demand other people gave proof of their facts and figures whilst blindly refusing to back up any of your own rants.

But most of all Joe, I unfriended you because you brought it down to personal insults and abuse. And I just couldn’t be arsed anymore.
Beebsy wrote:Oh I see... you heard I came back and thought you'd steal my thunder, eh? Fuck off.

User avatar
Robert
Posts: 1272
Joined: 27 Dec 2013, 13:24

Re: The Newbie Introduction Thread

Postby Robert » 03 Oct 2019, 13:11

Johnny Fartpants wrote:
Joe Baxter wrote:
Loki wrote:Did Mark quit Facebook?


He unfriended me on Facebook, apparently because he didn't like my posts about Scottish independence and politics, about which he knew fuck all.


And neither do you. :P

I unfriended you on Facebook not because I didn’t like your posts on Scottish Independece. I unfriended you because of your steadfast refusal to even consider any opinion ... and indeed facts ... that didn’t meet with your bigoted view of the world. You used to constantly demand other people gave proof of their facts and figures whilst blindly refusing to back up any of your own rants.

But most of all Joe, I unfriended you because you brought it down to personal insults and abuse. And I just couldn’t be arsed anymore.



Homo!