The Newbie Introduction Thread

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
&

Re: The Newbie Introduction Thread

Postby & » 08 Jul 2008, 17:53

The Prof wrote:
& wrote:
Copehead wrote:Make it a sticky and it will become the obvious first point of call for the bewildered, stupid and manic who stumble across this board and decide they must join in.

Which might actually be a good thing!

Alright then!

Thanks, Prof!

Snowdog 2008 wrote:Thanks, Angshu.

I like beach food, Italian and long walks on Celene Dion.

Allow me to welcome you to the boards, Mr.Dog. There's a Diamond Dog on here already, I take it the two of you are related. Based on this, I assume you also like collecting bootlegs from macho 70s guitar rockers and taking periodic holidays in Disneyworld. I assure you we need more of that kind of stuff, so make yourself at home!

Sincerely,
Angshu.

&

Postby & » 08 Jul 2008, 17:57

Oh, and welcome to Gus. There's a bunch of TEFL types here, by the way, but they're gruesome to the last man. Still, it could be worse.

Gus

Postby Gus » 08 Jul 2008, 17:58

& wrote:Oh, and welcome to Gus. There's a bunch of TEFL types here, by the way, but they're gruesome to the last man. Still, it could be worse.

Why, thank you. It could indeed. They could all be copy-editors.

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 08 Jul 2008, 18:05

Gus wrote:
& wrote:Oh, and welcome to Gus. There's a bunch of TEFL types here, by the way, but they're gruesome to the last man. Still, it could be worse.

Ha ha!

( :x )
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Gus

Postby Gus » 08 Jul 2008, 18:10

Quaco wrote:
Gus wrote:

Ha ha!

( :x )

;)

Tagtucker Jones

Postby Tagtucker Jones » 08 Jul 2008, 18:10

Hi everybody! I started coming here after my good friend Goldwax told me about this place. I've learned a lot about music and stuff and I like it a lot. If any of you ever want to 'shoot the shit', I can usually be found at the Denny's on East Colorado Blvd in Pasadena.
See you around!
Hey bro, let's get you fixed up.

petulant clarksville

Postby petulant clarksville » 08 Jul 2008, 18:47

NickC wrote:Right.
My name is Nick. Im a Mojo regular and decided as a few BCBers popped over there, id pop over here.
I listen to most things now, ive become more tolerant as ive grown older. There is a special place in my heart for 60s girl groups, especially the Shangri Las. I also listen to Dan Sartain, Calexico, Sons & Daughters, Surf music, the Detroit garage scene, theme tune, comedy records....blah blah blah..in fact most stuff. Not overly keen on country (the Tammy Wynette variety) and new r&b.
I have jumped straight into the 'mix club' and enjoy the chance to hear other peoples stuff aswell as sending my stuff out.
I play guitar (badly) for relaxation.
Not much else to say really.

Your birds are speeding up, aren't they? They used to be relaxing and now they're manic. Or is it just me?

NickC

Postby NickC » 09 Jul 2008, 12:58

I think its you Pet.
They still appear quite languid to me. Just circling the carrion, waiting for the predator to move away so they can cash in on a free meal.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 09 Jul 2008, 13:14

NickC wrote:I think its you Pet.
They still appear quite languid to me. Just circling the carrion, waiting for the predator to move away so they can cash in on a free meal.

They fuckin' ravens aren't they Nick. Waiting on there forever.
I run out of talent

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 09 Jul 2008, 13:16

I'm not Sea Of Tears.
Last edited by never/ever on 09 Jul 2008, 21:19, edited 1 time in total.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Rinstead

Postby Rinstead » 09 Jul 2008, 14:26

Jimmy Jazz wrote:
Rinstead wrote:Oh go on then. Even though I introduced myself when I first started posting and you had your chance to point and laugh at the new kid then.

I've fairly wide tastes, have a special place in my heart for the Beach Boys, but love nearly anything with Les Pauls and Marshalls being played very loudly.
If it's a better indication of what I like, recent albums I've played include Sing to God by Cardiacs and Pacific Ocean Blue due to recent posts on here. Also most of Fountains of Wayne's back catalogue, big chunks of a seven-disc Zappa compilation I put together some time ago (mostly instrumental), Freedom Wind by the Explorers Club, Stop Us If You've Heard This One Before by the Wildhearts, and Quadrophenia.

I've a bloody awful memory for names and song titles, and I've not really got much interest in band trivia to be honest so I'll apologise right now for not contributing much on that score. I do however have an insatiable lust for catchy choruses and emotional harmonies. Preferably along with loads of guitar too. I'm very open to band/album recommendations, and have no problem with inflicting my tastes on innocent passers by. I also love the current Shopping List For Loons thread.

As for questions:
Can somebody get my Mum quickly and ask her to bring a clean pair of underpants with her?

Who said the newbies aren't all SoT aliases ?

Short Bald Bloke wrote:
Rinstead wrote:have a special place in my heart for the Beach Boys

Welcome. Are you sure you are not Sea of Tunes?

You could get the idea there's a bit of a theme running here.

Snowdog
Real Doyen
Location: Sitting at the back, looking cool but feeling all alone.

Postby Snowdog » 09 Jul 2008, 15:19

Rinstead wrote:
Jimmy Jazz wrote:
Rinstead wrote:Oh go on then. Even though I introduced myself when I first started posting and you had your chance to point and laugh at the new kid then.

I've fairly wide tastes, have a special place in my heart for the Beach Boys, but love nearly anything with Les Pauls and Marshalls being played very loudly.
If it's a better indication of what I like, recent albums I've played include Sing to God by Cardiacs and Pacific Ocean Blue due to recent posts on here. Also most of Fountains of Wayne's back catalogue, big chunks of a seven-disc Zappa compilation I put together some time ago (mostly instrumental), Freedom Wind by the Explorers Club, Stop Us If You've Heard This One Before by the Wildhearts, and Quadrophenia.

I've a bloody awful memory for names and song titles, and I've not really got much interest in band trivia to be honest so I'll apologise right now for not contributing much on that score. I do however have an insatiable lust for catchy choruses and emotional harmonies. Preferably along with loads of guitar too. I'm very open to band/album recommendations, and have no problem with inflicting my tastes on innocent passers by. I also love the current Shopping List For Loons thread.

As for questions:
Can somebody get my Mum quickly and ask her to bring a clean pair of underpants with her?

Who said the newbies aren't all SoT aliases ?

Short Bald Bloke wrote:
Rinstead wrote:have a special place in my heart for the Beach Boys

Welcome. Are you sure you are not Sea of Tunes?

You could get the idea there's a bit of a theme running here.

You're not wrong. They just can't let him go, can they? I hate the fact that, even if he doesn't pop by as a hidden observer & get an actual satisfaction in the effect he's had on some people, that he still has such a long lasting effect.

Just let it go, people.
"Elements of the past & future, combining to make something not quite as good as either."

petulant clarksville

Postby petulant clarksville » 09 Jul 2008, 17:40

They're languid today, I grant you. But yesterday they were insane. Perhaps they have moods.

Ziggy Star

Postby Ziggy Star » 10 Jul 2008, 08:47

Well I'm semi new....I was forced to post recently when the topic of Mighty Boosh came up...I love Brit comedies...oh and I am apparently 'the Heiferette'.

Despite the name, I do not have the phsique of a cow.

I come from Adelaide, City of Corpses, my interests include Serial killers, Decent music (I won't elaborate on that), and a nice juicy debate.
I had a cat once. I dropped a sofa on it, it was a right off, so I stood on its head.

petulant clarksville

Postby petulant clarksville » 10 Jul 2008, 09:05

petulant clarksville wrote:

They're languid today, I grant you. But yesterday they were insane. Perhaps they have moods.

Now it's Thursday and they're fast again. I think we have a pattern emerging.

&

Postby & » 10 Jul 2008, 10:45

Ziggy Star wrote:Well I'm semi new....I was forced to post recently when the topic of Mighty Boosh came up...I love Brit comedies...oh and I am apparently 'the Heiferette'.

Despite the name, I do not have the phsique of a cow.

I come from Adelaide, City of Corpses, my interests include Serial killers, Decent music (I won't elaborate on that), and a nice juicy debate.

Hello and welcome.

How much of this "decent music" is the sort that Brendan likes?

Short Bald Bloke

Postby Short Bald Bloke » 10 Jul 2008, 12:52

Snowdog 2008 wrote:You're not wrong. They just can't let him go, can they? I hate the fact that, even if he doesn't pop by as a hidden observer & get an actual satisfaction in the effect he's had on some people, that he still has such a long lasting effect.

Just let it go, people.

Oh for heavens sake. It was a (poor) joke based on the Beach Boys reference and the earlier reference by someone else to SoT.
If you trouble yourself to go back over the SoT nonsense (not that anybody should) you will find that I never got involved. I don't intend to now either ;)
NancyTheInfecter wrote:I'd vote Sheffield as well as it is a much sexier place.

Snowdog
Real Doyen
Location: Sitting at the back, looking cool but feeling all alone.

Postby Snowdog » 10 Jul 2008, 13:00

Short Bald Bloke wrote:
Snowdog 2008 wrote:You're not wrong. They just can't let him go, can they? I hate the fact that, even if he doesn't pop by as a hidden observer & get an actual satisfaction in the effect he's had on some people, that he still has such a long lasting effect.

Just let it go, people.

Oh for heavens sake. It was a (poor) joke based on the Beach Boys reference and the earlier reference by someone else to SoT.
If you trouble yourself to go back over the SoT nonsense (not that anybody should) you will find that I never got involved. I don't intend to now either ;)

Me neither.
"Elements of the past & future, combining to make something not quite as good as either."

Short Bald Bloke

Postby Short Bald Bloke » 10 Jul 2008, 13:01

Cool.
NancyTheInfecter wrote:I'd vote Sheffield as well as it is a much sexier place.

doctorlouie
AKA Number 16 Bus Shelter

Postby doctorlouie » 10 Jul 2008, 13:26

Homos. Have at you! Outside! Are you calling my pint Dutch! etc.

Return to “Nextdoorland”