Copehead's RWC thread NOW IN ITS 14TH GREAT YEAR

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Re: Copehead's RWC thread NOW IN ITS 14TH GREAT YEAR

Postby Copehead » 26 Nov 2017, 12:56

The Write Profile wrote:
andymacandy wrote:Carnage. We are a great side now. And with plenty of room to improve too!

Yeah. great play by Scotland, particularly the expansive manner in which they took it to Australia. I honestly didn't think they had that sort of match in them. Meanwhile, the ABs ended a largely perfunctory end-of-year tour with a perfunctory win over a Welsh side that promised somewhat but ultimately lacked the ticker to take it to them for more than 60 minutes. That said, it was good to see Ioane score two tries and look dangerous throughout- he's been the "find" of the season and he will only get better as he continues to play at the top level. It hasn't been a vintage ABs side, but they've had their moments throughout the year. There was probably only one match--the 57-0 win against South Africa--where everything clicked, most of their other games were impressive in patches at best.

This isn't a vintage ABs side, I think most sides think they have a chance and even a Welsh side decimated by injuries kept the score line respectableish.

Scotland have a great back line but I think they will be ground down by stronger packs like Ireland and England but they are back at the top table of international rugby which is good to see.

I thought the red card was very soft, it was all about outcome rather than intent, if you watch the game both sides cleared out rucks in a similar fashion Kepu just managed to connect with a head rather than a body, it was reckless and I don't think refs have much leeway with hits to the head these days but he wasn't doing anything that other players on both sides did and received not even a penalty because they collided with trunk rather than head.

But Scotland really went for the jugular and they had the quality to actually make it count
You've rendered that scaffolding dangerous

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

!!VAPRANT!!
hounds people off the board

Postby !!VAPRANT!! » 26 Nov 2017, 13:07

Deewank wrote:By the way I gave you some Jelly Tots for your birthday and you didn’t give me ANYTHING

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 26 Nov 2017, 18:32

The Unfragrant Ox wrote:Image

What aa adorable selfie Coan, thanks for sharing

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 03 Dec 2017, 10:20

Wales vs SA wasn't a quality game but it was an exciting game, what a start by Wales and their variation in attack and kicking game were superb. But then the big Boks ground there was into the lead so full marks to what was largely a 2nd/3rd string Welsh side to come back to get the win and close out the last 20 mins.

Wales had about 4 1st XV players on that field, AWJ, Faletau, 1/2p and Biggar, and one on the bench and we beat a side we hadn't beaten in 100 years until a few years ago, so I would say that was a solid performance

Let's hope the injury crisis has lifted by the 6N

andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"

Postby andymacandy » 03 Dec 2017, 11:23

Copehead wrote:Wales vs SA wasn't a quality game but it was an exciting game, what a start by Wales and their variation in attack and kicking game were superb. But then the big Boks ground there was into the lead so full marks to what was largely a 2nd/3rd string Welsh side to come back to get the win and close out the last 20 mins.

Wales had about 4 1st XV players on that field, AWJ, Faletau, 1/2p and Biggar, and one on the bench and we beat a side we hadn't beaten in 100 years until a few years ago, so I would say that was a solid performance

I was suprised that SA did come back into the game so well, and equally surprised that having done so they then subbed off the front row that could have won them the game. Still, a good scalp for Wales, and a needed one, after a mixed set of tests.
SA losing pushes Scotland up to 5th in the IBR rankings. Nosebleed!
Bless the weather.......Image

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 03 Dec 2017, 19:59

andymacandy wrote:
Copehead wrote:Wales vs SA wasn't a quality game but it was an exciting game, what a start by Wales and their variation in attack and kicking game were superb. But then the big Boks ground there was into the lead so full marks to what was largely a 2nd/3rd string Welsh side to come back to get the win and close out the last 20 mins.

I was suprised that SA did come back into the game so well, and equally surprised that having done so they then subbed off the front row that could have won them the game. Still, a good scalp for Wales, and a needed one, after a mixed set of tests.
SA losing pushes Scotland up to 5th in the IBR rankings. Nosebleed!

Wales Scotland first up in the 6N should be a corker, depending on the injury situation for both sides.
But just seeing Hogg vs Liam Williams would be worth the ticket