Copehead's RWC thread NOW IN ITS 14TH GREAT YEAR

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Re: Copehead's RWC thread NOW IN ITS 14TH GREAT YEAR

Postby Nikki Gradual » 11 Jul 2017, 21:16

I'm bloody sick of this. No one is right and no one is wrong. Except world rugby, which is wrong. The sooner they ameliorate the laws so that the northern and southern hemisphere "interpretations" are the same, the better. At the moment, with more cross-hemisphere games than ever, it is just ridiculous and threatening to ruin the rugby. Who wants to watch any game that is determined by the reading of the rules rather than the skill of the players? I have no idea why they have created and perpetuated the situation, but it has already ruined many a world cup game by turning it into a penalty-fest against one side depending on what hemisphere the ref is from and, unless they get their act together, it is only a matter of time before the interpretation actually decides the world cup.
He's thrown a kettle over a pub; what have you done?"

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 11 Jul 2017, 21:24

The Write Profile wrote:You're right about Warburton: he seems to have that characteristic that nearly all great international rugby captains posses, namely his ability to read and influence the direction the ref is taking. McCaw and Fitzpatrick were past masters of that, Read just doesn't seem to have that same killer instinct of gamesmanship.

I believe it was Phil de Glanville who used to call the ref "sir". Reckoned it was worth six points a game. He was still rubbish, mind.
He's thrown a kettle over a pub; what have you done?"

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 11 Jul 2017, 21:57

Nikki Gradual wrote:I'm bloody sick of this. No one is right and no one is wrong. Except world rugby, which is wrong. The sooner they ameliorate the laws so that the northern and southern hemisphere "interpretations" are the same, the better. At the moment, with more cross-hemisphere games than ever, it is just ridiculous and threatening to ruin the rugby. Who wants to watch any game that is determined by the reading of the rules rather than the skill of the players? I have no idea why they have created and perpetuated the situation, but it has already ruined many a world cup game by turning it into a penalty-fest against one side depending on what hemisphere the ref is from and, unless they get their act together, it is only a matter of time before the interpretation actually decides the world cup.

Exactly this - "Who wants to watch any game that is determined by the reading of the rules rather than the skill of the players ?"

ThE rEd HeIfEr HaS gOoD tAsTe In MuSiC
Fucking Crackers

Postby ThE rEd HeIfEr HaS gOoD tAsTe In MuSiC » 11 Jul 2017, 22:20

Mike Boom wrote:I just see the ABs have two games with the Aussies with Wayne Barnes in charge :mrgreen:

Fuck me didn't I hear ALL ABOUT IT last night :lol: :lol:
Goat Boy wrote:Fuck me (please note: this is not a request, I am merely expressing exasperation)

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 12 Jul 2017, 08:54

Nikki Gradual wrote: it has already ruined many a world cup game by turning it into a penalty-fest against one side depending on what hemisphere the ref is from and, unless they get their act together, it is only a matter of time before the interpretation actually decides the world cup.

Well, you already have the 2011 final as a case in point.

In general, I thought the final test was excellent in the first half, but lost it's way dramatically in the second half with the yellow card - the game became very bitty after that - tense, but bitty. I don't really see that the ABs had the better chances.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Return to “Nextdoorland”