Copehead's RWC thread NOW IN ITS 14TH GREAT YEAR

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"

Re: Copehead's RWC thread NOW IN ITS 14TH GREAT YEAR

Postby andymacandy » 19 Jan 2019, 09:17

Both Scottish sides into the quarter finals of the Champions Cup. Doubt many folks saw that coming.
But Hamish Watson injured for the Six Nations.With Barclay already out, we have lost two outstanding jackels.
Bless the weather.......Image

andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"

Postby andymacandy » 02 Feb 2019, 11:45

Ha! France..............

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 02 Feb 2019, 12:06

Lucky escape for Wales - thanks to Llangefni's finest.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

C
Robust

Postby C » 02 Feb 2019, 16:35

Deebank wrote:Lucky escape for Wales - thanks to Llangefni's finest.

Wales didn't deserve to win - France were awful in the second half and threw a good chance away

Solarskope wrote:Initiate of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn with dark occult powers

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 02 Feb 2019, 17:36

C wrote:

Wales didn't deserve to win - France were awful in the second half and threw a good chance away

Wales didn’t deserve it... but neither did France comrade.

Neither did France.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

C
Robust

Postby C » 02 Feb 2019, 18:00

Deebank wrote:
C wrote:

Wales didn’t deserve it... but neither did France comrade.

Neither did France.

Fair point my learned friend - yes a fair point .

But a draw seemed unlikely mathematically so somebody had to win and because of France's first half I'll go with them

oooof!

Solarskope wrote:Initiate of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn with dark occult powers

C
Robust

Postby C » 02 Feb 2019, 19:06

England: "concentration and cohesion"

They were magnificent

Robust?

Seminal?

I think so

andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"

Postby andymacandy » 03 Feb 2019, 09:20

England were superb, but I wonder at what cost- they looked like they picked up some crucial injuries.
Ireland were just outplayed, and I wonder if their conveyer belt of outstanding new players has finally slowed down.
We shall see next week. The irony of Scotland topping the table is that I found it quite underwhelming.
We should have trounced Italy, and didnt really convert our dominance into points.
Hard to gauge Wales-France self destructed, as they often do, and Wales looked pretty average first half, so Im not sure what that told us.
I think Biggar might start next week though.

C
Robust

Postby C » 03 Feb 2019, 10:44

andymacandy wrote:I think Biggar might start next week though.

Let's hope so.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 03 Feb 2019, 11:06

C wrote:

Let's hope so.

Ha! My wife loves Dan Biggar. I’ll have to show her that. She is a massive fan of The Boys despite having no welsh blood whatsoever and coming from Middlesex :lol:

C
Robust

Postby C » 03 Feb 2019, 14:35

Deebank wrote:
C wrote:

Let's hope so.

Ha! My wife loves Dan Biggar. I’ll have to show her that. She is a massive fan of The Boys despite having no welsh blood whatsoever and coming from Middlesex :lol:

Robust stuff!

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 04 Feb 2019, 16:05

andymacandy wrote:England were superb, but I wonder at what cost- they looked like they picked up some crucial injuries.
Ireland were just outplayed, and I wonder if their conveyer belt of outstanding new players has finally slowed down.
We shall see next week. The irony of Scotland topping the table is that I found it quite underwhelming.
We should have trounced Italy, and didnt really convert our dominance into points.
Hard to gauge Wales-France self destructed, as they often do, and Wales looked pretty average first half, so Im not sure what that told us.
I think Biggar might start next week though.

I think Itoje was the only serious one and that is probably the position where England can soak up injuries the easiest they'll just bring in Launchbury.

I just rewatched the game and Ireland weren't as bad as all that and England, while immense in defence weren't massively better, they did however get the rub of the green with their kicking game although it was a seriously good kicking game with a great chase.

It was a 4 point game at 3/4 distance and no one would have been surprised if Ireland had got a kick to the corner and scored again to go ahead.

But in the final 15 minutes England just pulled away.

I thought Mako was very unlucky to be denied a try for a double movement too, OK his knee touches the ground but he never stops driving forward from his feet, I think it only didn't become a thing because the game wasn't close.

Same with England's third try although there Garces was entirely correct not to review the pass as it when backwards from the hands too a player behind the passer, the ball ends up ahead of the point of release purely because rugby is a game played by people running forward, nearly all passes made by people running forward at speed will end up ahead of the point of release due to Newton's Laws of motion and not much can be done about that and it it is why the law states that a forward pass is one that moves forward from the hands and it says absolutely nothing about the path of the ball over the field.

England were always going o kick into gear again after their post Lions slump and now they are, should be a great year.

Haven't watched the Welsh or Scottish games a]yet as I was away this weekend sunning myself in the Cotswolds.
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 09 Feb 2019, 17:37

A bit disappointed with Wales, lots of pressure but only coming away with penalties, Italy have one set inside the red zone and come away with a pick and go try after 4-5 phases, that is just weak by Wales.

Very disappointed with Scotland, but hope they play like that against Wales and England, far too many mistakes at crucial moments making it really easy for Ireland, Ireland were no better than last week, but just didn't have to be.

POM is a bit of a naughty boy though taking out Hogg late with an elbow and injuring him so badly he went off.

Doubt he will get a citing as it looked like a yellow rather than red card offence, but lucky he had a French ref who didn't look at that again.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 09 Feb 2019, 18:14

Have we won a single clean line out ball?

Perhaps hooker is a position where we don't have three strong players vying for the red as the line out has been absolutely shocking

Bring back Ken!

C
Robust

Postby C » 09 Feb 2019, 18:26

Scotland great in the first half not so good in the second - too many errors

The Russell/Johnson try was amazing

Ireland didn't deserve to win

Last edited by C on 09 Feb 2019, 22:57, edited 1 time in total.

andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"

Postby andymacandy » 09 Feb 2019, 18:32

C wrote:Ireland didn't deserve to win

Im afraid they did- we made crucial mistakes that Ireland clinically converted. Cant complain.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 10 Feb 2019, 15:51

Fuck me England are good. Like a top quality All Blacks side they just seem to be playing a different game to the opponents. As Yachvilli said if they are driving a car it is a F1.

Last week was no one off. I am getting the fear for 2 weeks time now. They certainly seem to be peaking in a RWC year, that makes people who were calling for Jones' head last year look like the know nothing dicks I thought they were.

Start praying for a bad week for them in Cardiff because apparently words were said after Scotland's victory last year and England do not think the Scots were gracious winners ( talk of wives being insulted etc ) and Vunipola B. has said that that is the game in this 6N that has a circle around it in his diary.

Time for Ryan Wilson ( who sounds less Scottish than I do ) to pick up a judicial injury I think

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 10 Feb 2019, 17:21

England were merely excellent in that second half rather than terrifying.

And once again they were playing a good side who weren't playing badly, that was the best France have played for a while and they had 44 points out on them.

:shock:

C
Robust

Postby C » 10 Feb 2019, 18:54

oooof!