Tory shambles

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Limpin' Jez McKenzie
Poptastic

Tory shambles

Postby Limpin' Jez McKenzie » 05 Aug 2022, 15:35

Moving on from the Johnson thread….

Sunak admits shifting govt funds from deprived areas to Tonbridge Wells!

And Kwarteng says no policy on the cost of living crisis until everyone comes back from holiday! The CBI (traditionally Tory) are not impressed.
Last edited by Limpin' Jez McKenzie on 15 Jun 2023, 06:49, edited 2 times in total.
I kept thinking "swim as far as you can, swim as far as you can".

Deebank
Resonator

Re: Tory shambles

Postby Deebank » 05 Aug 2022, 16:11

Positive passion wrote:Moving on from the Johnson thread….

Sunak admits shifting govt funds from deprived areas to Tonbridge Wells!

And Kwarteng says no policy on the cost of living crisis until everyone comes back from holiday! The CBI (traditionally Tory) are not impressed.

I would suggest adding something about Liz Truss but where would you start? :roll:
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 05 Aug 2022, 16:47

Deebank wrote:where would you start? :roll:

Pork Markets!

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 05 Aug 2022, 18:38

They are as bad as each other, objectionable, useless and clueless. It should therefore make no difference. We're screwed either way, and yet I hope and pray it's Sunak, aimply becuse my utter loathing of the Truss woman knows no bounds.
We're way past rhubarb

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 05 Aug 2022, 19:11

John Oliver showed the 'pork market' clip on his U.S. show. It's hilarious and a bit scary. Taling about being stuck between a rock and a hard place. I feel for the Brits. On the bright side: I can't see either of them surviving for more than half a year. Early 2024 elections are likely, in my opinion. I heard that Sunak is disgustingly rich. Who did he make his money? I could look it up but where's the fun in that?
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 05 Aug 2022, 20:10

mudshark wrote:I heard that Sunak is disgustingly rich. Who did he make his money? I could look it up but where's the fun in that?

Pork markets, cheese and British apples I believe.
Last edited by Tom Waits For No One on 05 Aug 2022, 20:12, edited 1 time in total.
Give a shit or be a shit.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 05 Aug 2022, 20:12

mudshark wrote:John Oliver showed the 'pork market' clip on his U.S. show. It's hilarious and a bit scary. Taling about being stuck between a rock and a hard place. I feel for the Brits. On the bright side: I can't see either of them surviving for more than half a year. Early 2024 elections are likely, in my opinion. I heard that Sunak is disgustingly rich. Who did he make his money? I could look it up but where's the fun in that?

Investment banker who married a billionaire heiress.
Working for Deutsch Bank he helped crash the economy in 08.

Collective noun for bankers?

A wunch.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 05 Aug 2022, 23:26

Not only will Sunak blow his leadership bid, but that's him fucked as a senior minister too. It's off to the back benches for him for the foresseable. I always knew he was a lightweight.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 06 Aug 2022, 02:41

mudshark wrote:John Oliver showed the 'pork market' clip on his U.S. show. It's hilarious and a bit scary.

Thanks. Just watched it. Scary indeed. I could just see Sheldon's girlfriend Amy saying "Oooh! How I'd love to just cut into that brain and see what's going on!" :D
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 06 Aug 2022, 11:00

Flaunting your wealth is never a good look, particularly so in the current economic climate and the forecasts made earlier this week.
I'm paraphrasing a part from one of Sunak's recent tv appearances - if I recall it was the BBC - with a number of the other contenders - possibly down to 4 at this stage - also present and standing up at their lecterns.
"I'm immensely proud of my father-in-law, who, with a loan from one of his parents, created this great company....."
What's that got to do with Sunak as a person and as a potential Tory leader ?
Why mention it ?
Last edited by Samoan on 06 Aug 2022, 11:56, edited 2 times in total.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 06 Aug 2022, 11:03

Samoan wrote:Flaunting your wealth isn't a good look.
I'm paraphrasing a part from one of Sunack's recent tv appearances - if I recall it was the BBC - with a number of the other contenders - possibly down to 4 at this stage - also present and standing up at their lecterns.
"I'm immensely proud of my father-in-law, who, with a loan from one of his parents, created this great company....."
What's that got to do with Sunack as a person and as a potential Tory leader ?
Why mention it ?

Playing devil's advocate I suspect it was because he was taking flack for marrying into a mega-rich family.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 06 Aug 2022, 11:07

That doesn't alter my point. Generally speaking, I don't think people in the UK warm to that.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 06 Aug 2022, 13:50

Samoan wrote:That doesn't alter my point. Generally speaking, I don't think people in the UK warm to that.

Agreed.
How many very hard-working people do you know that aren't the richest people in the world?

Limpin' Jez McKenzie
Poptastic

Postby Limpin' Jez McKenzie » 06 Aug 2022, 20:40

The Modernist wrote:Not only will Sunak blow his leadership bid, but that's him fucked as a senior minister too. It's off to the back benches for him for the foresseable. I always knew he was a lightweight.

Yep. He stood behind Boris for too long, and as Starmer said ages ago, his political career went up in flames.
But as you say he was never top notch - rode some popularity from the (necessary) covid handouts but never had a plan or even an obvious grasp on national economics.

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 07 Aug 2022, 14:55

So y'all are saying that the greater opener of pork markets in Beijing is going to be UK's next Leader?
Can't wait for the highlights!
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 07 Aug 2022, 19:59

mudshark wrote:So y'all are saying that the greater opener of pork markets in Beijing is going to be UK's next Leader?
Can't wait for the highlights!

It certainly looks that way at the moment.

..and THAT. IS. A. DISGRACE.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 08 Aug 2022, 10:10

Tory shitbags are trying to pre-rig the inquiry - Zac Goldsmith and Mad Nad saying it's a kangaroo court etc.

Fact is, it is tory dominated and chaired and they still think Johnson will get a proper kicking.

Twats

Limpin' Jez McKenzie
Poptastic

Postby Limpin' Jez McKenzie » 08 Aug 2022, 13:57

No. 10 says Johnson will do nothing about cost of living crisis as it will be up to new PM! He really is giving the country the middle finger ( or v- sign for those of an older vintage).

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 08 Aug 2022, 14:45

There was a cartoon I saw over the weekend. In the first picture was a trashed Oxford restaurant with Bullingdon Club Johnson just expecting someone else to clean up the mess he's made. The second frame was a picture of a trashed UK with him expecting the same thing.
Only trouble is neither Sunk or Truss are in any way capable.

Neil Jung
Watcher Of The Skies

Postby Neil Jung » 13 Aug 2022, 17:01

It’s all very depressing. The two candidates have nothing useful to say on climate, cost of living, Brexit, NHS in crisis etc etc. The only bright speck of hope on the horizon is that this appalling government will surely lose the next election big time and won’t get back into power for many years.
“Erratic associate member”

Return to “Nextdoorland”