Tuesday is QUESTION DAY

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Tuesday is QUESTION DAY

Postby Minnie the Minx » 06 Apr 2021, 16:23

What is more satisfying: opening up a new paper yard waste bag with your arm on the inside and going whacka whacka whacka to get it fully open, OR being hidden in your school stationery cupboard pilfering supplies?

What's the best BEAN?

Do you yearn for a return to wind up clocks, or are you still happily winding?

How much money would it take for you to get in that barrel and go down that waterfall?

You are put in charge of building a hotel for geckos. What sort of themed bar would you design?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Rorschach

Re: Tuesday is QUESTION DAY

Postby Rorschach » 06 Apr 2021, 16:50

What is more satisfying: opening up a new paper yard waste bag with your arm on the inside and going whacka whacka whacka to get it fully open, OR being hidden in your school stationery cupboard pilfering supplies?

I've never done the latter whilst I've done the former a great many times. But I love stationery so I'm going with the latter.

What's the best BEAN?

Hmm. Either Heinz, on toast with a lot of butter, or black, with cheddar cheese and greek yoghurt, lettuce and tomato in fajitas.

Neither. I have no great affection for winding up clocks.

How much money would it take for you to get in that barrel and go down that waterfall?

More than there is in the world.

You are put in charge of building a hotel for geckos. What sort of themed bar would you design?

A lizard lounge.
Bugger off.

Flower

Postby Flower » 06 Apr 2021, 16:59

Neither .. I pull at the bottom side of the lawn/leaf bags and it's like magic how they open

What's the best BEAN?

It's a tie between Lima & Kidney ... Black, blackeyed and Great Northern are a close second.

Never had or wanted a wind up clock.

Enough to have someone else go over the falls and that we split the proceeds.

Songs of crickets. Free bowls of cockroaches with a menu of Superworms.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Six String

Postby Six String » 06 Apr 2021, 17:22

I’m going with the whacka whacka

What's the best BEAN?

I love beans of all varieties so hard to pick but fresh fava beans are one of the signs of spring around here so.....favas it is. Cranberry beans aka Borlotti beans are another favorite. Anytime I can get fresh beans at the market I am down for them regardless of type.

I have two wrist watches that wind but no clocks. They come in handy when the others have dead batteries and I feel a need to wear one. Now that I’m retired I rarely feel a need to wear one.

There isn’t enough money.

A mayfly and moss theme.
This is not the year to think about what we don’t have.
It is the year we should be grateful for what we do have.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 06 Apr 2021, 17:26

I get no enjoyment from opening yard waste bags. If my arms were 15" longer then it might be fun.
I like stationery cupboards a whole heck of a lot, and you've just reminded me of an incident from my childhood: When I was in grade 5 or 6, my friend Chris and I got detention for whipping crayons around the classroom while the teacher was out of the room, and our punishment was sitting in the classroom while the rest of the school went to the big Christmas pageant in the auditorium. It wasn't much of a punishment, though, because the room we stayed in held all the art and stationery supplies for the school, so we had a blast drawing and making paper airplanes and whatnot while everyone else had to sit through a boring old pageant (I know it was boring 'cause they were playing it over the school's PA system).

What's the best BEAN?

Coffee.

No thanks. I like my clock radio.

If I was guaranteed not to die or be too horribly injured, I'd do it for 10 million.

I'd make it look like an insurance company's office.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 06 Apr 2021, 19:03

The stationery cupboard is a version of IKEA - full of things you didn't realised you needed.

Coffee is the bean I use the most, but cooking I like a kidney bean.

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 06 Apr 2021, 19:52

No idea what a 'paper yard waste bag' is not being 'merican an all, but it's a lot of fun to stick your hand in a pedal bin bag, a la James Herriot before checking out a cows arse, and fitting it in to the bin.

What's the best BEAN?

Heinz Baked

Still happily winding, we've a couple of bakelite clocks that require a daily wind, done before going to bed.

I'm not falling for that again, still waiting to be paid from the last time I did it.

Glam Gonad Glitterball Elecktro Discko
Give a shit or be a shit.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 11 Apr 2021, 16:02

I enjoy the whacka whacka whacka but shoving boxes of staples down one's pants is very hard to beat.

What's the best BEAN?

Where do I start? Beans are the best. If pushed, though - butter.

I wish I DID have a wind up clock. I also have some lovely old Bakelite wind up clocks but alas they are decorative, long since fucked up.

If the waterfall is only a metre, about thirty quid.

I've heard they like baroque. So, that.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.