What Covid restrictions do you have and do you cheat?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Rorschach

What Covid restrictions do you have and do you cheat?

Postby Rorschach » 19 Mar 2021, 12:47

Things are loosening up in Barcelona (even though the numbers are going back up a little and Spain truly fucked up the vaccine rollout) but we still have restrictions.
All bars and restaurants are closed except for takeout from 5 pm to 6 am, and there's a curfew from 10 pm till 6 am.
This week we're allowed to travel within the whole of the 'autonomous region' (Catalonia) but only with people you live with.
You can only meet up in groups of up to six people and they have to from two households, maximum.

We cheat a little as we go for walks at weekends with people from more than two households, but never more than six of us. We also crossed the border into the next comarque (a subdivision of a province, which is itself a subdivision of an autonomous region) before we were allowed to. But apart from that we've stuck to the rules, even when they've seemed excessive; I don't believe masks are necessary in the street and you don't need to disinfect/wash your hands every time you go into a shop, for example, but I always do.

How about you?
Bugger off.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Re: What Covid restrictions do you have and do you cheat?

Postby GoogaMooga » 19 Mar 2021, 13:03

I smoke in public, don't know if that's on or not. And yesterday, I was reprimanded by a loony for smoking out in the open in a shopping center. I have a friend over sometimes, he's a boffin and he helps me with the computer. I wear the mask and disinfect before and after shopping. In the beginning, I'd wipe the thrift shop scores, but I soon got bored with that. Ditto the mail.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck