What ails you?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jumper K

Re: What ails you?

Postby Jumper K » 19 Mar 2021, 11:48

Flat out fucked. I've had a spectacular time though.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 19 Mar 2021, 17:08

Jumper K wrote:Flat out fucked. I've had a spectacular time though.

We are here for a good time, not a long time.
You don't like me...do you?

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 19 Mar 2021, 18:54

Yomptepi is sot on as far as I'm concerned. It's better to burn out than fade away.
I'm sure this is purely psychological but I just got back from getting my J&J shot and I feel 30 years younger, ready to take on the world! For a little while.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 19 Mar 2021, 19:54

The Dutch never lack for confidence!
I have put the ignorant, inflammatory bore on ignore.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 19 Mar 2021, 19:58

yomptepi wrote:

this is it. it's about quality, not quantity.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 19 Mar 2021, 20:17

kath wrote:
yomptepi wrote:

On the whole, though, I'd prefer both
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

kath

Postby kath » 19 Mar 2021, 20:25

Rayge wrote:
kath wrote:
yomptepi wrote:

mwhaha. well, i would *prefer* not to die tomorrow. i neeeed to jump into a swimming pool. this is what i need.

that being said, my balance falls easily to one side.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 19 Mar 2021, 21:57

Rayge wrote:
kath wrote:
yomptepi wrote:

Up to a point but I can’t bring myself to worry about it at all. Besides I think I may be indestructible.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 20 Mar 2021, 00:06

That would explain a lot!

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 20 Mar 2021, 00:39

kath wrote:
yomptepi wrote:

I'm banking on having both. It`s probably fortunate that the things I love doing most also keep me healthy :)

kath

Postby kath » 20 Mar 2021, 03:52

trans-chigley express wrote:
kath wrote:
yomptepi wrote:

I'm banking on having both. It`s probably fortunate that the things I love doing most also keep me healthy :)

i am sure it is.

it's not like i am arguing against anyone having a happy *and* long life, mwhaha. it's just that i do not care if i live to 70 or 80 or whatever.

there's a reason for that. everybody here knows my story. i've written at length about it.

i've lost both parents, both brothers, many friends, my brilliant, beautiful daughter and my one-in-a-million reap. do i feel miserable that i had 21 years with my daughter instead of having her outlive me? do i feel shattered i only had 20 years with reap and not 40? i don't feel cursed. i feel blessed that i had em in my life for the time i did. i know exactly how they'd be tellin me to live my life. i don't need a seance to hear it. i know.

it stands to reason that i feel the same way about finish lines in my own life.

maybe there are different ways to define... "healthy".

and may everyone have the life they want. i'm good. mwhaha.

cheers.

::smack::

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 20 Mar 2021, 09:48

Turn 60 at the end of the year. One small dose tablet for high blood pressure, one for gout prevention. Apart from the usual aches and pains as you get older I'm pretty good.

Also don't seem to sleep as long anymore. Not sure if this is age related or from the years of listening out for little people during the night.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Fireplug

Postby Fireplug » 20 Mar 2021, 23:01

I'm absolutely fine but I've aged more in the last 3 years, from 43 to 46, than I did in the preceding 13. Heavier, slower, less energy, really slow recovery from exercise, going grey fast. Extrapolating this, I will probably end up as knackered as you lot in 15 years. On the plus side, you'll feel even worse by then, so at least there's that.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 21 Mar 2021, 01:05

kath wrote:i've lost both parents, both brothers, many friends, my brilliant, beautiful daughter and my one-in-a-million reap. do i feel miserable that i had 21 years with my daughter instead of having her outlive me? do i feel shattered i only had 20 years with reap and not 40? i don't feel cursed. i feel blessed that i had em in my life for the time i did. i know exactly how they'd be tellin me to live my life. i don't need a seance to hear it. i know.

it stands to reason that i feel the same way about finish lines in my own life.

maybe there are different ways to define... "healthy".

and may everyone have the life they want. i'm good. mwhaha.

cheers.

::smack::

Hard to imagine all the losses you have had. It would have brought many to their knees. And on top of it, all the stress with moving....
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Robert

Postby Robert » 22 Mar 2021, 21:54

mudshark wrote:I'm 60. When I was 18 I had a pretty severe brain aneurysm that left me partially paralyzed on my right side. I recovered for the most part (except for a wonky face) but ever since then I feel like I live on borrowed time. Played soccer 2-3 times a week until I Ieft Singapore at age 44. Played squash 2-3 times a week until I was 50. Went to the gym daily up until abt. 4 years ago. I'm planning to pick that up again after I've had my jab. Have always worked hard but played harder. Alcohol & Tobacco have been my best friends since I was 16 or so. Those habits pretty much cancelled out the exercise etc. Of course there have been periods on the wagon but those have been few and far between. I had my 'annual' 2 weeks ago. Most blood values (way) too high, about 15 kilos overweight, pretty unfit. But I blame it all on the lock-down. This summer I'll get back into shape without additional medication (I mean other than Rye Whiskey and Marlboro) to keep down cholesterol and all that shit. The only problem I really have is that I have an ADD disorder. When i was young I had pretty cool pills for that but I can't take those any more. They give me tremors like I'm a Parkinson's patient and that's not the case (yet). That leaves booze to help me not to be too big of a burden on my family. It was my first doctor's visit in 10 years or so, so now they want me to do all that stuff old people are supposed to do: colonoscopy, ECG, lung scan, brain scan, the whole shebang. I don't think I will go for that. I feel good although I know I'm not healthy. If I had some sort of cancer I wouldn't seek treatment anyway so what's the point of going on that medical rollercoaster ride? I've lived on 3 continents, travelled to numerous countries, brought 6 kids into adulthood and the 7th one (now 16) will be off to University in 3 years. Then I'm done. I've lived a full life. It ain't over 'til it's over but when it is, I will be ready with only a few regrets. One of which is that I've never seen Lou Reed live. Well, that's not going to happen in this life anyway, so who knows?

I have seen Lou twice but would have died happy if I hadn’t. The Clash on the other hand...........

Robert

Postby Robert » 22 Mar 2021, 22:01

Rorschach wrote:
Rayge wrote: I'm also forever on the lookout for early signs of dementia, having seen my mother live with it for 15 years.

That's one thing that really scares me. Both of my parents died with dementia so I'm statistically likely to get it. I've also been a fairly heavy drinker all my adult life, which doesn't help.

I am worried about that too and keep wondering if it is at all possible to self diagnose and, if that’s possible......well what then?

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 22 Mar 2021, 22:11

Jumper K wrote:Flat out fucked.

A robust choice.

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 23 Mar 2021, 07:09

Dr. Baron wrote:
Jumper K wrote:Flat out fucked.

A robust choice.

Indeed Brother Baron.