Postby Lord Rother » 17 Feb 2021, 19:53

So sad.

I jest, fucking excellent news.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Re: Rush Limbaugh RIP

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 Feb 2021, 20:01

I don't celebrate other people dying.

I won't be celebrating this either- but I sure as shit won't be losing any sleep over it either.
I have put the ignorant, inflammatory bore on ignore.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 17 Feb 2021, 20:21

The first thing I thought was how thoroughly he promoted 'American exceptionalism.' Which he was the worst possible example of.

I take no glee in anyone's death, but that's not going to keep me from having a bit of a smirk at the irony.

I certainly hope he had some kind of self-reckoning before the took his last breath. Maybe then he can rest in peace.

His influence in his time on earth was almost completely negative. I think that's what makes me sad. Didn't help anyone, including himself.
Jimbo wrote: I have just shown...

Jimbo wrote:There goes that conspiracy theory.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2021?

Flower

Postby Flower » 17 Feb 2021, 20:32

“It seems to me that if you or I must choose between two courses of thought or action, we should remember our dying and try so to live that our death brings no pleasure to the world.” - John Steinbeck

May he receive the same compassion and empathy that he's always shown others.

The above are two of the nicer comments that I've read so far today.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 17 Feb 2021, 21:33

"Rush Limbaugh had a regular radio segment where he would read off the names of gay people who died of AIDS and celebrate it and play horns and bells and stuff."

— Paul Elliott Johnson (@RhetoricPJ) February 17, 2021

Let the celebration begin!
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Feb 2021, 01:02

never/ever wrote:"Rush Limbaugh had a regular radio segment where he would read off the names of gay people who died of AIDS and celebrate it and play horns and bells and stuff."

— Paul Elliott Johnson (@RhetoricPJ) February 17, 2021

Is there a citation for this? I used to listen to Limbaugh for an hour daily because that was English language radio on FEN (Far East Network) back in the day and i never heard him degrading AIDS victims like this. He did talk shit about the Clintons and the Democrats but not this. CNN says he died from cancer. Might have been those cigars.
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo wrote: So Kath, put on your puka love beads ... Then go fuque yourself.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 18 Feb 2021, 03:36

From Snopes:

Origin
On Feb. 17, 2021, radio host Rush Limbaugh died at the age of 70 after a year-long battle with lung cancer. As conservative fans mourned the death of the radio pioneer, many on social media pointed to Limbaugh’s history of making sexist, homophobic, and bigoted remarks. Author Jessica Valenti, for example, posted a message on Twitter stating that Limbaugh once had a segment on his show called “AIDS Update” that mocked the deaths of gay people:

This is true. While we have not uncovered any audio of these segments, we did find a few contemporaneous news articles and comments from Limbaugh confirming the contents of these controversial segments.

Iowa’s Cedar Gazette reported in 1990 that Limbaugh’s “AIDS Update,” a recurring segment in which he made jokes about a disease that had killed more than 100,000 people in the United States the previous decade, started by playing songs such as “Back in the Saddle Again,” “Kiss Him Goodbye,” “I Know I’ll Never Love This Way Again,” and “Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places.”

The “Aids Update” segment was short-lived. According to The New York Times, it ended after a few weeks. Limbaugh would call the segment one of “most regretful things I’ve ever done” because it was “making fun of people who were dying long, painful and excruciating deaths.”
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Feb 2021, 05:40

never/ever wrote:

The “Aids Update” segment was short-lived. According to The New York Times, it ended after a few weeks. Limbaugh would call the segment one of “most regretful things I’ve ever done” because it was “making fun of people who were dying long, painful and excruciating deaths.”

Thank you. Nice to see he was contrite.
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 18 Feb 2021, 07:14

Diamond Dog wrote:I don't celebrate other people dying.

I do, if I loathe them and think the world's a better place without them.
Qualms not had.

In this case, I do feel a bit sad. If only it had happened several decades earlier.
Bugger off.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 18 Feb 2021, 14:50

I personally can't think of a worse person that I have shared time on this earth with. I hope satan's jamming Ronald Reagan's head up his arse for eternity.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 18 Feb 2021, 15:54

i won't dance around cuz he's dead.

but while living, he was one of the most foul, putrid, hateful, toxic fucqueheads ever given a microphone.

what i'll do instead is raise a glass to the countless humans he slimed.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Feb 2021, 22:25

Matt Taibbi's take. I had wondered what happened to Limbaugh in the Trump era.

Rush Limbaugh, Who Should Have Stayed Jeff Christie
A pioneer, and not in a good way

Even though Rush paved the way for Trump by fusing politics and entertainment, he was an unneeded middleman by 2016. Trump cut him out and turned his presidential campaign into the souped-up, with-teeth version of Rush’s act. He was the new political media star, many times over. After getting elected, Trump gave Limbaugh the Presidential Medal of Freedom in what felt like a left-handed compliment, like Bo Jackson doing charity events with Brian Bosworth.
https://taibbi.substack.com/p/rush-limb ... yAYe8hxaW8