Unique-ish things you do.

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Unique-ish things you do.

Postby Jimbo » 21 Jan 2021, 05:09

I have been microwaving a chopped up whole onion for 1:30 before chucking it in a pan with my scrambled eggs.

I go to sleep with a Blue Tooth neck speaker playing audio books I've already listened to. That way I don't really miss anything when it plays as I sleep.

I carry a down vest in my back pack in case a sudden cold front moves in.

I wear a short sleeved t shirt over my long sleeved t shirt.

My t shirts must have a pocket.

I stand half naked on my balcony in direct morning sunlight while drinking coffee. I wave to the trains as they pass nearby.
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo wrote: So Kath, put on your puka love beads ... Then go fuque yourself.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: Unique-ish things you do.

Postby Lord Rother » 21 Jan 2021, 06:15

I can whistle with my mouth closed and nose pinched.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 21 Jan 2021, 08:48

I will iron any buckled back inlay card for CD.

I alphabetize CD's by the first letter of the first name, i.e. George Harrison under "G" (actually, under Beatles that in turn go under "B").

I don't like to switch channels in the middle of a sentence, but wait for a pause.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 21 Jan 2021, 08:52

I don't like to wear shirts, only T-shirts. I don't like long sleeves.

I only wear sweat pants, but that may change when I lose some more weight.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 21 Jan 2021, 11:16

I find straining thru the last and hardest round of pushups, sit ups or chin ups is made amazingly easier by looking at stuff - a window edge, a door knob, an electrical socket, a dust bunny, a table leg, anything. I change my focus with each try and I forget I am exercising.

I also mentally sing songs while swimming laps. Makes the effort much easier. Today I sang Rolling Stones and Simon and Garfunkel songs - all in my mind.
Last edited by Jimbo on 21 Jan 2021, 11:23, edited 1 time in total.
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 21 Jan 2021, 11:18

Lord Rother wrote:I can whistle with my mouth closed and nose pinched.

Do you mic your tinnitus?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 21 Jan 2021, 11:57

I bought myself a Taliban hat. It's quite warm.

Flower

Postby Flower » 21 Jan 2021, 12:33

Jimbo wrote:My t shirts must have a pocket.

My dad was the same way when he smoked and we weren't allowed to gift him with any T-shirt that didn't have a pocket. He had lots of Banana Republic and Tommy Bahama tees.

People would stop him in malls to tell him how much they liked his tees. :)
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 21 Jan 2021, 12:44

I told a Japanese guy in the locker room at my gym today that he looked just like David Jansen from The Fugitive TV show. He's got the same 1960s grownup guy haircut. He didn't know who Jansen was but he brightened up when I told him Jansen was a handsome man. I've seen this guy countless times and I think the same thing - that he looks like David Jansen - and I finally told him. (We're hooking up next Tuesday afternoon. Shhh)

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 21 Jan 2021, 13:19

GoogaMooga wrote: I only wear sweat pants, but that may change when I lose some more weight.

Dude, stretch jeans. I didn't know but jeans stretch - a lot - nowadays. Look good too.

C
Robust

Postby C » 23 Jan 2021, 19:33

Jimbo wrote:I bought myself a Taliban hat. It's quite warm.

Very nice Jimbo-lad

Very nice

I have a good hat too - it's a Soviet ushanka which I bought after the break-up of the Soviet Union from an ex-military supplier in Ukraine in 1993. It's ex-Soviet Army

вперед революцию!

LMG wrote:I carelessly remarked that my noisy neighbour deserved a sharp word. [for disturbance]
The next day his semi-naked body was found staked out in his garden, a copy of GG's album cover Giant For A Day situated where his head had previously been attached

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 24 Jan 2021, 08:57

I fall out of bed pretty frequently. Of course it didn't help last night that I put myself to sleep listening to an exciting naval yarn. I dreamed I was adrift in a small boat and reaching out to a larger one to get aboard her. In reaching too far - actually reaching - I fell out of bed.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 25 Jan 2021, 01:03

I don't know how common/uncommon this is, but I always have an eye towel in with me when taking a shower. I just can't stand water in my eyes, soapy or not. Probably explains why swimming was never my bag.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 25 Jan 2021, 04:28

I really do not like brushing my teeth - or taking care of my teeth at all. I do do minimal stuff but flossing and long brush sessions, nope. No wonder they're brown.

Flower

Postby Flower » 25 Jan 2021, 13:28

My father always told me to keep a hankie under my pillow in case I have to blow my nose in the middle of the night. I do so to this day.

He also told me that when I went to bed at night or woke in the morning to brush my teeth before peeing. ;)
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 17 Feb 2021, 09:43

Went for the second time to the cheesiest anti-covid/anti-mask demonstration anywhere. Not only were there no neo-Nazis or QAnon members, there was only one person there, the leader, a dedicated young lady with some cardboard posters, pamphlets and a bullhorn. And me. On the edge of that famous Tokyo multitudes crossing area, Shibuya, she'd harangue the entirely masked up crowd saying in Japanese that Corona is a lie, the TV is lying, the PCR test is useless, and some other stuff. My Japanese sucks so I would scream at the crowd how I miss seeing faces and smiles, how unattractive the masked young ladies looked and tried to shame them screaming how stupid (baka) everyone was. My voice gave out pretty quickly and it got cold so I came home.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 17 Feb 2021, 11:13

Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.