Will I be the first BCBer to get their covid jab....?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Re: Will I be the first BCBer to get their covid jab....?

Postby souphound » 29 Jan 2021, 15:31

The Prof wrote:
Rorschach wrote: The EU in general seems to have screwed up pretty badly.

How is this being reported in Spain?

Over here it's being framed as Britain Vs The EU and I'm just wondering if "The EU" is in charge of all procurement and distribution.

Are individual countries just waiting for their EU allotted amount?

[Sidebar - throwing in a little North American aspect here - I'm pretty sure it's the same around the world]

Here in Canada, it's more of a U.S. vs Canada with an EU twist to it that is being put out there.

Within Canada, it's a Province vs Province conundrum.

Within the provinces, it's one region vs another.

Within each region, it's one interest group vs another interest group.

Basically, everyone is looking for someone to blame. I like to see myself as a rather patient guy and will accept my turn when it comes. Not that I have much of a say anyway.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 29 Jan 2021, 16:40

This weekend I'm taking my Cessna to an Indian Reserve in North Dakota. I heard it's the best way to get it done quickly.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 30 Jan 2021, 12:18

The Prof wrote:
Rorschach wrote: The EU in general seems to have screwed up pretty badly.

How is this being reported in Spain?

Over here it's being framed as Britain Vs The EU and I'm just wondering if "The EU" is in charge of all procurement and distribution.

Are individual countries just waiting for their EU allotted amount?

I have to admit, I mostly watch and read British or international news (The Guardian, BBC, Al Jazeera) so I'm not sure.
I will say that they don't seem to be making as big a fuss about it as I might have expected. Certainly the media seem more concerned with failure at home rather than being outraged at not getting the promised supplies.
Bugger off.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 30 Jan 2021, 13:21

mudshark wrote:This weekend I'm taking my Cessna to an Indian Reserve in North Dakota. I heard it's the best way to get it done quickly.

Canada?
I have put the ignorant, inflammatory bore on ignore.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 30 Jan 2021, 14:33

mudshark wrote:This weekend I'm taking my Cessna to an Indian Reserve in North Dakota. I heard it's the best way to get it done quickly.

You have a Cessna!?
Bugger off.

C
Robust

Postby C » 30 Jan 2021, 18:23

Rorschach wrote:

You have a Cessna!?

I presume it's either a Cessna Citation 680A Latitude or a Cessna Citation 700 Longitude....?

LMG wrote:I carelessly remarked that my noisy neighbour deserved a sharp word. [for disturbance]
The next day his semi-naked body was found staked out in his garden, a copy of GG's album cover Giant For A Day situated where his head had previously been attached

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 30 Jan 2021, 18:55

C wrote:
Rorschach wrote:

You have a Cessna!?

I presume it's either a Cessna Citation 680A Latitude or a Cessna Citation 700 Longitude....?

What on earth are you talking about?
Bugger off.

C
Robust

Postby C » 30 Jan 2021, 19:22

Rorschach wrote:
C wrote:
Rorschach wrote:
You have a Cessna!?

What on earth are you talking about?

There are different models of Cessna Tym.

Like different models of Boeing

The Latitude has been produced for about 15 years, the Longtitude is a much later craft and has only been in production since 2017 I think

LMG wrote:I carelessly remarked that my noisy neighbour deserved a sharp word. [for disturbance]
The next day his semi-naked body was found staked out in his garden, a copy of GG's album cover Giant For A Day situated where his head had previously been attached

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 30 Jan 2021, 21:28

:D

I believe this is the story in question

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.co ... cine%3famp
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 30 Jan 2021, 21:53

My folks got their jabs today. I’m delighted.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 31 Jan 2021, 19:10

C wrote:
There are different models of Cessna Tym.

Like different models of Boeing

The Latitude has been produced for about 15 years, the Longitude is a much later craft and has only been in production since 2017 I think.

My question was rather badly framed. It should have been more like, 'Why do you know that?'.
But it's a rhetorical question really. Different people are interested all sorts of different stuff. It just struck me as a rather odd thing to be knowledgeable about.

Minnie the Minx wrote:My folks got their jabs today. I’m delighted.

And I'm delighted for you.

Both of my parents are dead. My mum was in a care home for her last few years and I really don't like to think of how things might have panned out if those years had coincided with this pandemic.
Last edited by Rorschach on 31 Jan 2021, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.
Bugger off.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 31 Jan 2021, 19:15

Bugger off.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 31 Jan 2021, 19:45

Rorschach wrote:Both of my parents are dead. My mum was in a care home for her last few years and I really don't like to think of how things might have panned out if those years had coincided with this pandemic.

I'm in the exact same position so I fully understand. I have no clue how my mom would have handled this, but it would not have been pleasant for her in any way.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 31 Jan 2021, 21:00

Good to hear this.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 01 Feb 2021, 02:14

this is fantastic news.

::smack::

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 01 Feb 2021, 02:32

Rorschach wrote:Both of my parents are dead. My mum was in a care home for her last few years and I really don't like to think of how things might have panned out if those years had coincided with this pandemic.

my parents died many years ago, both of them before they could even get to the care home stage.

but it is truly a tragic nightmare how many folk have died in those homes. on holocaust remembrance day, i did my usual... lit a candle, watched more documentaries... and was extra crushed by reading about those people who managed to survive the holocaust, only to die in the US from covid in US institutions.

there are so many folk (again, i'm talkin about the US, i don't know how it goes elsewhere) who could be classified as forgotten populations. society in general doesn't wanna look at em. doesn't wanna acknowledge their existence. i would include people in mental institutions and prisons. people who, rampantly ignored, are essentially left in enclosed petri dishes... left to suffer and die.

it would never happen, i know, but everyone in the former administration who let this happen should be tried at the hague. as far as i'm concerned, it's genocide.

C
Robust

Postby C » 01 Feb 2021, 12:44

Good to hear

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 01 Feb 2021, 20:10

No, I don't have a Cessna. I was indeed trying to refer to the story of that Canadian couple that tried this in their country. Minnie put the link up.
Today I read a pretty amazing story on CNN about so-called "vaccine-hunters"; people that hang around outside pharmacies etc. in an effort to obtain left-over covid jabs. My first thought was "how can there be left-overs when 300 million people are on the wait list?" But apparently there are. This brief excerpt should make clear what's going on:

"She and a friend arrived in the early afternoon, prepared to wait. A line formed behind them. Hours later, when the day's appointments were done, pharmacy staff offered up eight leftover vaccines. Medina and her friend gleefully claimed two of them."

How much longer until this becomes a racket?
Only in America...
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

Six String

Postby Six String » 01 Feb 2021, 20:32

kath wrote:

my parents died many years ago, both of them before they could even get to the care home stage.

but it is truly a tragic nightmare how many folk have died in those homes. on holocaust remembrance day, i did my usual... lit a candle, watched more documentaries... and was extra crushed by reading about those people who managed to survive the holocaust, only to die in the US from covid in US institutions.

there are so many folk (again, i'm talkin about the US, i don't know how it goes elsewhere) who could be classified as forgotten populations. society in general doesn't wanna look at em. doesn't wanna acknowledge their existence. i would include people in mental institutions and prisons. people who, rampantly ignored, are essentially left in enclosed petri dishes... left to suffer and die.

it would never happen, i know, but everyone in the former administration who let this happen should be tried at the hague. as far as i'm concerned, it's genocide.

Have you read Margaret Atwood’s short story Torch The Dusties?
This is not the year to think about what we don’t have.
It is the year we should be grateful for what we do have.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 01 Feb 2021, 20:33

mudshark wrote:No, I don't have a Cessna. I was indeed trying to refer to the story of that Canadian couple that tried this in their country. Minnie put the link up.
Today I read a pretty amazing story on CNN about so-called "vaccine-hunters"; people that hang around outside pharmacies etc. in an effort to obtain left-over covid jabs. My first thought was "how can there be left-overs when 300 million people are on the wait list?" But apparently there are. This brief excerpt should make clear what's going on:

"She and a friend arrived in the early afternoon, prepared to wait. A line formed behind them. Hours later, when the day's appointments were done, pharmacy staff offered up eight leftover vaccines. Medina and her friend gleefully claimed two of them."

How much longer until this becomes a racket?
Only in America...

I heard of something similar going on in L.A. (I think). In one case, a team of paramedics was unable to make their appointment. The vaccine is time sensitive, so, those doses went to unscheduled folks.