You wait 365 days for an end of year quiz, and BANG!, along comes another one!

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
`

You wait 365 days for an end of year quiz, and BANG!, along comes another one!

Postby ` » 31 Dec 2020, 13:46

You want end of year quizzes, I gottem!

Best of all, there's none of that fey "Which would you rather have: A tisket, a tasket or a little yellow basket?" bollocks that are the mainstay of other BCBers' quizzes!

1. Boris Johnson and Ursula von der Leyen, the EU Commission president, attended the same school in Brussels, but what does the PM claim to have introduced at the establishment?

a) British bulldog
b) A Greek play
c) A wiff waff tournament

2. Figures showed a sharp rise in what unusual cause of injury on the parliamentary estate?

a) Electrocution
b) Hit by falling masonry
c) Bites

3.What diplomatic phrase did Sir Anthony Seldon use when asked to rate Theresa May as a PM?

a) “The finest one Maidenhead’s ever produced”
b) “She never lost an election”
c) “She’s second among female PMs”

4.One of the contenders for Labour leadership caused confusion about her own name. So who did come second in the contest?

a) Rebecca Long Bailey
b) Rebecca Long-Bailey

5. The writer Ned Hartley couldn’t go to Glastonbury, so his kids threw a music festival in his garden. How did they make the experience authentic?

a) They turned his lawn into a mudbath
b) They charged him £10 for cider
c) They sang “Oh, Jeremy Corbyn” outside his bedroom at 5am

6. The author Anthony Horowitz said that he used to write in Brompton Cemetery. What reason did he give for this?

a) “It reminded me to seize the day”
b) “The residents never complained”
c) “It was a great place to get character names”

7. How much has Theresa May made doing public speaking in 2020?

a) £100,000 to £500,000
b) £500,000 to £1 million
c) More than £1 million

8. Julian Assange accepted an invitation to join what?

a) Quito Cricket Club
b) Montevideo Aussie Rules Team
c) HMP Belmarsh computing class

9. A school published a report about a recently deceased alumnus. “He has little sense of judgment and has never fitted well to the discipline of school life,” his teacher wrote. “I like him but am glad he is leaving.” Whose was it?

a) Terry Jones
b) Jonathan Miller
c) Nicholas Parsons

10. The DJ Simon Mayo suggested that his neighbours were using the clap for carers to surreptitiously do what?

a) Debut the new clothes they’d bought online
b) Communicate with their lovers next door in morse code
c) Get rid of empty bottles while no one could hear the loud clinking

11. Richard Osman’s show Pointless went up against the daily Covid briefing. Whose press conferences harmed the quiz’s viewing figures the most?

a) Matt Hancock
b) Rishi Sunak
c) Jonathan Van-Tam

12. Neighbours purchased online groceries for Ken Clarke. Which of these did he not order?

a) A bottle of brandy
b) A bottle of calvados
c) A case of cigars

13. Forget Joe Wicks: which former England captain’s heavy lockdown drinking prompted him to devise an exercise called “the bottle bank squat thrust”?

a) David Gower
b) Ian Botham
c) Will Carling

14. Olivia de Havilland died aged 104. She lived in Paris to the bafflement of her Hollywood friends. What did she say they found so bizarre about France?

a) Constant drinking
b) Snails and frogs legs
c) Everybody speaks French

15.Which inappropriate song did Donald Trump pick for a mid-pandemic rally?

a) Live and Let Die
b)Another One Bites the Dust
c) Fever

16. Dominic Cummings’s father-in-law, Humphrey Wakefield, claimed that the PM would retire with Covid exhaustion. What did he compare Mr Johnson to?

a) A wounded lion
b) An injured horse
c)A lazy sheepdog

17. In the lockdown, which Shakespeare quote did Judi Dench repeatedly think of?

a) “I wasted time, and now doth time waste me”
b) “Living dully sluggardised at home, wear out thy youth with shapeless idleness”
c) “This is very midsummer madness”

18. A sudden fall from power dealt a blow to a company called Twisted Knee. What did they make?

a) Zeppelins depicting Donald Trump as a baby
b) Sajid Javid themed socks
c) Dominic Cummings novelty underwear

19. Hugh Laurie revealed he formed a band with his teenage children. What was it called?

a) The Hugh Romantics
b) The Von Krapp Family
c) The . . . Who?

[b]20. Finally, on July 3, Donald Trump passed what milestone in his presidency?

a) 365th day spent at one of his resorts
b) The Washington Post recorded his 1,000th on-the-record falsehood
c) His 10,000th tweet as commander-in-chief

`

Re: You wait 365 days for an end of year quiz, and BANG!, along comes another one!

Postby ` » 31 Dec 2020, 19:45

Assuming anyone is still interested, answers are in the "Good Stanley Kubrick" thread halfway down the first page in Screenadelica

alias the jester

Re: You wait 365 days for an end of year quiz, and BANG!, along comes another one!

Postby alias the jester » 01 Jan 2021, 01:01

Thanks for posting this. Although I don't know many of the answers (or I'm not sure enough), you have flagged up more than a few intriguing news stories that I seem to have missed. I shall look at the answers with interest (and read further!).
Thanks.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 02 Jan 2021, 15:49

` wrote:You want end of year quizzes, I gottem!

Best of all, there's none of that fey "Which would you rather have: A tisket, a tasket or a little yellow basket?" bollocks that are the mainstay of other BCBers' quizzes!

Maybe you should ask those questions next time sweetie? Maybe you'll get more response xxx
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.