custodian of oldies

ingrown toenail

Postby GoogaMooga » 18 Dec 2020, 17:53

step 1

step 2
step 3

step 4

step 5

"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Re: ingrown toenail

Postby Dr. Baron » 18 Dec 2020, 21:25

When I was a youngster, I got one of those and it hurt very badly. It grew pretty deeply into my foot to the extent that my sock would be a little bloody at the end of the day. I was terrified, but at some point my grandmother was doing laundry at our place and noticed the blood and I was compelled to go to the doctor. He shot local anesthesia into my toe, which was exceedingly painful, then cut off a sliver of my toenail and shot something in my toe to keep it from growing back. To this day I am wary of cutting my toenails too short, which puts one in a predicament.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 18 Dec 2020, 21:34

Dr. Baron wrote:When I was a youngster, I got one of those and it hurt very badly. It grew pretty deeply into my foot to the extent that my sock would be a little bloody at the end of the day. I was terrified, but at some point my grandmother was doing laundry at our place and noticed the blood and I was compelled to go to the doctor. He shot local anesthesia into my toe, which was exceedingly painful, then cut off a sliver of my toenail and shot something in my toe to keep it from growing back. To this day I am wary of cutting my toenails too short, which puts one in a predicament.

That method sounds better than the way you removed MY toenail!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 18 Dec 2020, 21:36

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Dr. Baron wrote:When I was a youngster, I got one of those and it hurt very badly. It grew pretty deeply into my foot to the extent that my sock would be a little bloody at the end of the day. I was terrified, but at some point my grandmother was doing laundry at our place and noticed the blood and I was compelled to go to the doctor. He shot local anesthesia into my toe, which was exceedingly painful, then cut off a sliver of my toenail and shot something in my toe to keep it from growing back. To this day I am wary of cutting my toenails too short, which puts one in a predicament.

That method sounds better than the way you removed MY toenail!

I'll never live that down. :evil:
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 18 Dec 2020, 22:53

I think my mistake may have been to wear Oxford cap-toes for many years in my youth. Now I've gone to the other extreme, and wear Crocs!

Now:
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck