in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 30 Nov 2020, 19:49

I have decided that with very few exceptions I will make 2020 my cut-off point for pop culture. Most of the names that I care about are dead by now, and I can't relate to the new stars of today. No more keeping up, no more preems, no more. It will save me time and money so I can really dig into oldies.

"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Re: 2020

Postby Dr. Baron » 30 Nov 2020, 20:51

GoogaMooga wrote:I have decided that with very few exceptions I will make 2020 my cut-off point for pop culture. Most of the names that I care about are dead by now, and I can't relate to the new stars of today. No more keeping up, no more preems, no more. It will save me time and money so I can really dig into oldies.

Great news! Should’ve done it 20 years ago, but better now than never!
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 30 Nov 2020, 22:55

Dr. Baron wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote:I have decided that with very few exceptions I will make 2020 my cut-off point for pop culture. Most of the names that I care about are dead by now, and I can't relate to the new stars of today. No more keeping up, no more preems, no more. It will save me time and money so I can really dig into oldies.

Great news! Should’ve done it 20 years ago, but better now than never!

So Janelle Monáe will be the last big star that I get into. Maybe I have continued for too long, but they were fewer and fewer with each passing year. The JM album is from 2018 and I only bought it because it had Brian on it! ;)

"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 30 Nov 2020, 22:57

Oh I see!
My brother thinks she’s great, or he did at one time. So I’ll allow it.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

`

Postby ` » 01 Dec 2020, 06:16

GoogaMooga wrote:
So Janelle Monáe will be the last big star that I get into. Maybe I have continued for too long, but they were fewer and fewer with each passing year. The JM album is from 2018 and I only bought it because it had Brian on it! ;)

Brian Poole?

Brian Kennedy?

Brian Cohen?

Come on, Googs, put me out of my misery,
I’m racking my brians here!

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 01 Dec 2020, 09:17

Sam Stone wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote:

Brian Poole?

Brian Kennedy?

Brian Cohen?

Come on, Googs, put me out of my misery,
I’m racking my brians here!

I was assuming Brian Monae :?
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 01 Dec 2020, 12:18

Brian Douglas Wilson from Hawthorne, California. :D

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 02 Dec 2020, 04:24

I thought it'd be Brian May