Lunacy

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Samoan

Lunacy

Postby Samoan » 29 Nov 2020, 12:36

Do any of you feel "out of sorts" when a full moon is approaching ? There's one tonight.

My brother feels he seems to spend the best part of such days waiting around endlessly for all the necessary clinical personnel to assemble for a meeting at the local psychiatric hospital, (with him as the patient's GP) with a view to sectioning or not sectioning a patient. There would also be two consultant psychiatrists, two senior psych nurses and the patient's community psych social worker.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: Lunacy

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Nov 2020, 12:40

I do know if I was on night shifts patients would very often behave differently at a full moon. I don’t have any explanation for it that I really believe, but they did go bananas.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 29 Nov 2020, 13:00

I'll spare you the Werewolf by Night jokes, but I did once visit a commune where they had a group exercise dealing with the various personality types. One type was called "lunar", and that's about all I remember.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 29 Nov 2020, 13:49

GoogaMooga wrote:I'll spare you the Werewolf by Night jokes, but I did once visit a commune where they had a group exercise dealing with the various personality types. One type was called "lunar", and that's about all I remember.

Interesting, Googs.
Puts me in mind of the Waldorf schools (Steiner) choleric, phlegmatic, sanguine and melancholic categorisation.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Six String

Postby Six String » 29 Nov 2020, 17:17

Haven’t noticed it about the moon but I tend to get a little edgy when the north wind blows.
This is not the year to think about what we don’t have.
It is the year we should be grateful for what we do have.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 29 Nov 2020, 20:22

I have not noticed any such phenomenon, but there is something oddly exciting about the sight of a full moon. Must be a cultural thing.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Six String

Postby Six String » 29 Nov 2020, 21:55

Rebecca fell in love with me while walking from a restaurant to my favorite pub during a full moon so it has been a positive thing since then. 8-)
This is not the year to think about what we don’t have.
It is the year we should be grateful for what we do have.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 29 Nov 2020, 22:53

I often go prowling in the hills on full moon nights. Last night was no exception. I love the ambience and the extra light provided by the moon. I even did some howling for good measure.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 30 Nov 2020, 00:34

Samoan wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote:I'll spare you the Werewolf by Night jokes, but I did once visit a commune where they had a group exercise dealing with the various personality types. One type was called "lunar", and that's about all I remember.

Interesting, Googs.
Puts me in mind of the Waldorf schools (Steiner) choleric, phlegmatic, sanguine and melancholic categorisation.

But the Moon there is just the first cycle of childhood development. There was one other type mentioned, Mars.

"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck