Fwiday

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Fwiday

Postby Minnie the Minx » 20 Nov 2020, 15:20

Do you still enjoy receiving, writing, sending, perusing and buying greeting cards?

Your choice please: would you rather carry a small box of rocks to the nearest docks, or go buy some frocks wearing only your socks?

You're eating something lemon flavoured, and suddenly you think it's "too lemony" - when does "lemony enough" spill over into "too lemony?"

Which part of your body do you least like to expose to a health professional?

Are you a strong enough swimmer to beat an octopus in a 25 metre swimming race?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Re: Fwiday

Postby KeithPratt » 20 Nov 2020, 15:48

Do you still enjoy receiving, writing, sending, perusing and buying greeting cards?

I do, but I rarely make the effort to do so. It would be nice to have a correspondence with someone by letter.

Your choice please: would you rather carry a small box of rocks to the nearest docks, or go buy some frocks wearing only your socks?

The former. Sounds a lot easier. I could go to Rye, which isn't that far from here.

You're eating something lemon flavoured, and suddenly you think it's "too lemony" - when does "lemony enough" spill over into "too lemony?"

Limoncello.

Oh it's all been exposed, so I'm not bothered anymore. Having a finger up my bum wasn't as bad as I had expected.

Probably not. Octopuses are very strong swimmers.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 20 Nov 2020, 16:01

Do you still enjoy receiving, writing, sending, perusing and buying greeting cards?this might be the year I stop sending them (didn't send bday cards to a few friends this year). My list kept getting smaller because we do most of the cards online now. With this year and Covid I really don't want friends and family opening the mail box for a card. I still have some left over from years past so maybe one or two will still go out(maybe hand them out in person). It's also the reason I'm not doing Secret Santa either although I do feel guilty since I did such a bad job last year(lacked the time) and got such good stuff from mine.

Your choice please: would you rather carry a small box of rocks to the nearest docks, or go buy some frocks wearing only your socks? :lol: not sure why I would carry a small box of rocks to the docks (maybe if I'm on Oak Island and they were pirate treasure rocks). I don't think anyone would want to see me only in socks buying a frock.

You're eating something lemon flavoured, and suddenly you think it's "too lemony" - when does "lemony enough" spill over into "too lemony?"this can happen to me easily, I like lemon but over powering lemon is something I don't like except for a real southern freshy made Lemonade. Lemon meringue is way too much

Which part of your body do you least like to expose to a health professional?from my neck to my waist. oddly not my junk. Although really hated the swab up the nose Covid test

Are you a strong enough swimmer to beat an octopus in a 25 metre swimming race?God no but I'm a damn good swimmer and knocked this guy out of his hiding spot so I could get a picture

then again maybe I could beat the octopus because he doesn't know where the finish line is.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 20 Nov 2020, 16:26

Octopuses are cool. There was a programme about a marine biologist who has a 'pet' octopus at home and this molusc is as playful and intelligent s a dog.

It squirts her to get her attention and pisses about in a playful and cheeky way. And while it is easy to anthropomorphise animal behaviours - all pet owners do it - octopi are invertebrates ffs! I have read that octopuses are as close to 'alien' intelligence as we have on planet earth.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 20 Nov 2020, 17:20

Honestly? Not really. I do still put effort into ones I write and I do read those I receive but... well.. it's a bit of a courtesy thing these days. I realise this makes me a curmudgeon.

Rocks/docks

I'd say as soon as it reaches too lemony?

lol... jeez... where does one start?!

There's not a human on the planet could do that. So, no.
I have put the ignorant, inflammatory bore on ignore.

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 20 Nov 2020, 17:28

As you know, my wife is a fiend for this. I would say it makes me look good, but everyone knows it's all her.
Though I WAS still sending Christmas cards on my own initiative before marriage, and I probably would if I were single.

I decline the invitation.

I reject the premise of the question.

I'm over all that. They can do whatever they need to do.

Surely nobody is.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

Six String

Postby Six String » 20 Nov 2020, 18:18

Not really. Rebecca used to send me cards when we were first dating and I would send one in return but I’ve never been big on that kind of thing. I think I’ve sent out Christmas cards a couple of times in my life but as we don’t really celebrate any holidays anymore it has been decades since anything like that has happened.

Docks not socks.

When it eats the enamel off my teeth.

I haven’t had my genitals handled by a professional since bootcamp I think so that would be weird.

Nope! I am an average swimmer at best. It’s not my thing. I haven’t been for a swim since probably the early to mid 80s when I lived on the Gulf Coast.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 20 Nov 2020, 20:50

I just don't understand the concept of too lemony. I'd pour lemon juice on a lemon, if it made it any lemonier.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 21 Nov 2020, 01:56

YES. Getting something beautiful, handwritten is a joy. I don't know when or why people stopped. I understand I'm in the minority here, but I'll be buying and sending those cards till the rivers run dry. I can't wait till MUSEUM SHOPS reopen!

Our nearest docks are a long, long way away, but I don't fancy the sock option either. I might have to give this some more thought.

I'm normally in favour of stuff being very lemony - a nose that wrinkles without being able to unwrinkle is maybe hitting maximum lemon. Lemon flavour sherbet pips - too lemony.

My feet. I don't know what the fuck happened when I moved to Texas, but they went to SHIT.

I'm surprised everyone is so confident the octopus would win!
I'm ready to do this race NOW! Bring it on!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String

Postby Six String » 21 Nov 2020, 04:54

I enjoy the act of writing immensely but I’m such a procrastinator that I fail miserably at getting cards out on time for the most part ( even my Mother’s cards) so I’ve just given up. I enjoy writing my lists out for the grocery store and things like that and prefer that option over electronic lists for the most part. What’s better, typing shit out on an iPad or phone or writing with a rollerball pin on a nice piece of paper?

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 21 Nov 2020, 07:53

Yep, and post cards from places visited.

I'm of a mind to buy some frocks from a shop near to the docks

As long as its lemon flavour and not just generic citrus, never

I could get arrested for doing so

Fuck that Octopus shit! I'm a superior being and would kick its ass. Unless we had a World Cup prediction competition. They are very good at predicting football scores.

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 21 Nov 2020, 10:19

Minnie the Minx wrote:

Breaststroke, sure.

Flower

Postby Flower » 21 Nov 2020, 13:12

I enjoy or I should say "enjoyed" purchasing cards before the pandemic .. It's always fun to receive mail that isn't a bill or flyer.

Small box of rocks. I don't want to scare small children.

When it burns a hole in my tongue.

My ears, in case they shine a light in and it comes out the other side ... :D

No, I was barely able to get my Junior Life Saving certificate many years ago. I believe the my camp counselors took pity on me.

I've never encountered an octopus in the wild.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.