Secret Santa - ALL PRESENTS RECEIVED! You beauties!

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Re: Secret Santa - ALL PRESENTS RECEIVED! You beauties!

Postby Neige » 27 Dec 2020, 17:02

Minnie the Minx wrote:(Hope the knee is better too!)

Thanks again, Min!

The knee is fine, in fact much better than expected! I ditched the crutches 48 hours after the arthroscopy and started walking normally on the third day... can't kneel yet, but I really can't complain.
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 28 Dec 2020, 12:22

Sorry I've been a bit lax in reporting back - my SS sent me a rather nice coffee (and a big pack too) two lovely Lindt choccy bars (which I shall certainly enjoy) the new Bob Marley CD boxset and an Unthanks CD (never heard a thing by them, but have always fancied a dabble, so that's excellent) and a prezzie for the New Year when an unreleased book will be delivered to me!

Lovely - thanks very much SS (I think I know who it is)... very much appreciated! :D
I have put the ignorant, inflammatory bore on ignore.

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 28 Dec 2020, 16:18

My not so Secret Santa was in full on Christmas mode (as they always are for this traditional do).

Totally overwhelmed and overjoyed with the Christmas package they sent, beautifully wrapped (customised paper), and stuffed full of festive joy!
Swiss chocolates galore and biscuits, Swiss tunes from Sophie Hunger and a Swiss watch :shock:
and even more music (box sets from Focus and a limited signed, Eliza Carthy set) (Yes SS I still have interest in the physical product ;) )

Thank you, thank you SS, you're a true star.

Hope you're back on your knees soon :D

PS Keep your eyes peeled for the postman, I can fulfil your request. :ugeek:
Give a shit or be a shit.

Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Postby Neige » 28 Dec 2020, 18:19

Tom Waits For No One wrote:PS Keep your eyes peeled for the postman, I can fulfil your request. :ugeek:

Fabulous!!
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 29 Dec 2020, 21:53

it came, it came! this very afternoon (i figured it was the USPS being slow. i ordered sumthin three weeks ago from five hundred miles away and i still haven't got it.)

what a fantastic haul. i got:

~~lotsa candy (hiding it from my son already... he's got candy radar)
~~a star-shaped thingie of godminster organic cheddar (i'm a cheese freak, too)
~~festive santa socks
~~a lil set of nutcracker ornaments (i have a tradition started with my ma of gettin new ornaments every year. these are fab)
~~a kickass/arse tee shirt from longwell records in bristol (a take-off of that massive attack cover! hands off, pcat, wherever you are.)
~~and last but not least, two cds: rob halford and friends singin christmas tracks (!!!) and a comp cd, the bristol heavy rock explosion. i can't wait to listen to these once all these people in my house leave me alone for awhile.

i amm truly alllll over this stuff. thank you so much, secret santa. i love it.

of course, i think i know who you are. starting from the card on the top of it all, which read, "seasons bollocks to you." mwhahahaHA. i won't tell anyone yer a secret hippie. ahem.

::smacksmacksmack::

kath

Postby kath » 29 Dec 2020, 22:02

Minnie the Minx wrote:I'm going to go ahead and out my Santa as I think for this year we can chuck convention out the window.
Thank you KATH for my most splendid haul- lots of New Orleans taffy and pralines, a cracking Faulkner compilation, some grand NO Saints merch to hang on top of my mardi gras beads, lots of Bowie goodies and some absolutely splendid masks from chi chi (complete with filters, of COURSE) - I am working my way through these pralines my dear and send much love to your house xxxx

you are so very welcome. much ::smackage::

the spirit of my ma insisted on the faulkner collection, see. the idea started when you posted yer love of cormac's all the pretty horses. faulkner is not everyone's cup of tequila, and his novels are such a deep dive, so i thought i'd send ya some short stories. my ma loved lit from every time and place, but she actually used to read me some of these stories when i was a wee brat.

oh, and even if you aren't an NFL fan, ya gotta put on the beads just once and yell GEAUX FUCQUIN SAINTS! it's a mojo thing. you understand.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Dec 2020, 22:22

I’m TOTALLY happy to yell for the Saints Kath!
I’m also excited to get into the Faulkner. Between that and the Cormac books Baron got me for Xmas I’ll need even stronger glasses by February!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

kath

Postby kath » 31 Dec 2020, 23:14

Minnie the Minx wrote:I’m TOTALLY happy to yell for the Saints Kath!
I’m also excited to get into the Faulkner. Between that and the Cormac books Baron got me for Xmas I’ll need even stronger glasses by February!

before i leave off for happy pyromania this evening, i thought i would share these pics, minnie. whenever you read faulkner, and my ma's love of it, keep it in mind.

she loved faulkner's style. she went swimming in it. it's why she read it aloud to me.

but there's another reason. the south that faulkner knew? my ma knew. she was born in alexandria, louisiana in 1929. both her parents died when she was three. they were poor. so i give you two pics for reference, of my ma. just to give ya a lil... texture.

just as a sidenote, i dunno if you care for REM. i know baron does. and there's a bit of faulkner in REM.

happy new year, everybody.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 02 Jan 2021, 14:58

As we are in reveal mode I'm guessing my SS was Jumper K, so thank you my man! :)

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 02 Jan 2021, 15:40

kath wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:I’m TOTALLY happy to yell for the Saints Kath!

before i leave off for happy pyromania this evening, i thought i would share these pics, minnie. whenever you read faulkner, and my ma's love of it, keep it in mind.

she loved faulkner's style. she went swimming in it. it's why she read it aloud to me.

but there's another reason. the south that faulkner knew? my ma knew. she was born in alexandria, louisiana in 1929. both her parents died when she was three. they were poor. so i give you two pics for reference, of my ma. just to give ya a lil... texture.

just as a sidenote, i dunno if you care for REM. i know baron does. and there's a bit of faulkner in REM.

happy new year, everybody.

I love that context Kath -thank you! I am already a third of the way through the book and finding it very unputdownable. I can well imagine you listening carefully to those bouncy, earthy sentences.

I don't "mind" REM, but if I was on the toilet in disco, and I heard them come on I wouldn't abandon my piss to rush out to dance, if you know what I mean.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

kath

Postby kath » 03 Jan 2021, 10:39

Minnie the Minx wrote:I love that context Kath -thank you! I am already a third of the way through the book and finding it very unputdownable. I can well imagine you listening carefully to those bouncy, earthy sentences.

i'm so happy you dig it. faulkner is a strange lil beastie. the sound and the fury... told from different perspectives in one family, one of em mentally challenged. faulkner fought with the publisher, cuz he wanted the different time jumps printed in diff colored ink.

he lost that battle.

but heyyy. he ended up gettin the nobel and the pulitzer. could be worse.

Minnie the Minx wrote:I don't "mind" REM, but if I was on the toilet in disco, and I heard them come on I wouldn't abandon my piss to rush out to dance, if you know what I mean.

mwhahahahaaaa. this made me splort.

and ya knowwww... as i have my ma on my mind here, i will add a pic i once posted on this board many years ago.

ya couldn't outsmart my ma. ya couldn't beat her at any debate over any issyew. it's true. i knew this, very early on. she pitched high and basically demanded yer brain catch up. so i decided the only way to get the upper hand was to go totally surreal and silly. yep. the only way to disarm her, so to speak. i threatened her with sittin on her lap, like i did when i was a baby. i did it many times. did it with my older sister, too (i still do it to her. works for about two seconds, til she shrieks and tickles me.)

yes, we're a seriously fucqued up family, but it works for us.

anyway, here is the pic i posted on this board years ago, when i carried out the threat for the first time with the warhorse that was my ma. i *think* this is 79. close enough. i title this, how to disarm a tough-as-nails mother. part of strength is knowing what yer real weapons are. ahem.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 03 Jan 2021, 14:01

Diamond Dog wrote:As we are in reveal mode I'm guessing my SS was Jumper K, so thank you my man! :)

Thanks Pete. Not me though!

kath

Postby kath » 03 Jan 2021, 16:55

hey. tell me i'm wrong, then.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 03 Jan 2021, 18:10

kath wrote:hey. tell me i'm wrong, then.

Nah, the card might have given it away, or the Bristol stuff. Glad you liked it all.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 04 Jan 2021, 14:52

Am I supposed to be doing the big reveal yet?

Dr Markus wrote:

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 06 Jan 2021, 01:16

Jumper K wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:As we are in reveal mode I'm guessing my SS was Jumper K, so thank you my man! :)

Thanks Pete. Not me though!

Oops must be Kev then! :) :?

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 06 Jan 2021, 16:02

Bugger, missed this. I'd have found it a bit tricky this year though, to be honest. Such a fine BCB tradition.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

kath

Postby kath » 08 Jan 2021, 00:07

Butch Manly wrote:Bugger, missed this. I'd have found it a bit tricky this year though, to be honest. Such a fine BCB tradition.

don't feel bad. a tricky year for so many. i missed a year in chaotic circumstances.

pick it back up next year, if yer able. if any/all of us are able. cuz it truly is a fine tradition. i love it.

::smack::

p.s. goin off on a wishbone ash kick this evenin. i don't need to tell you, i know. all the best to you and yers. here's to a better new year.