Five Tuesday thingies

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Five Tuesday thingies

Postby Minnie the Minx » 10 Nov 2020, 14:42

If you took a fancy to a scent/cologne, and thought about getting some, what would be a name for the scent that was so ridiculous that it would stop you from getting some?

What outfit did you wear last week that you were not happy with, but thought fuck it, this will do?

Have you ever grated a nutmeg down to a stub?

Why do all my orchids keep dying?

Put these in order of greatness: old oak floorboards, peacocks, small children who pronounce your name incorrectly but with great love
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Re: Five Tuesday thingies

Postby kath » 10 Nov 2020, 15:15

If you took a fancy to a scent/cologne, and thought about getting some, what would be a name for the scent that was so ridiculous that it would stop you from getting some?

fucquemeat.

What outfit did you wear last week that you were not happy with, but thought fuck it, this will do?

i always wear the same clothes until i wear em into threadbare rags, so not really applicable. can i count glasses? i have ten pairs of those cheap drugstore mag reading specs. there's only one pair i really love. they fit my nose right, they are seamless on the hinges so i'm not always rippin out hair when i take em off, and they have these lil psychedelic spackly stuff on the rims. whenever i can't find em and i hafta wear a back-up pair, i get pissed off.

i guess that doesn't count.

no. i don't think i have ever used nutmeg in my life.

they are indeed fragile flowers. have ya tried puttin an ice cube twice a week in the soil?

Put these in order of greatness: old oak floorboards, peacocks, small children who pronounce your name incorrectly but with great love

1. small children who pronounce my name incorrectly but with great love
2. small children who pronounce my name incorrectly but with great love
3. small children who pronounce my name incorrectly but with great love
4. peacocks
5. old oak floorboards

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 10 Nov 2020, 15:51

If you took a fancy to a scent/cologne, and thought about getting some, what would be a name for the scent that was so ridiculous that it would stop you from getting some?vomit scent

What outfit did you wear last week that you were not happy with, but thought fuck it, this will do?I've stopped shopping for clothes since the Covid (except sweats), I'm in a bad need of a whole new wardrobe, I've lost tons of weight then gain some back. SO I don't feel like buying anything because I don't know what weight I'll be. So the answer is every day. :lol:

Have you ever grated a nutmeg down to a stub?I'm lame I buy my nutmeg already ground. I'm thinking back in the 90's maybe when I really cooked from scratch. These days its all about short cuts.

Why do all my orchids keep dying?I gave up on Orchids long ago they always f*cking die. I have heard about the ice cube in the soil before that kath is suggesting.

small children who pronounce your name incorrectly but with great love-reminds me of when my niece and nephew were young they made up names for me. :D
peacocks
old floor boards.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 10 Nov 2020, 16:07

bump
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Minnie the Minx wrote: I do wonder where everyone is getting very small cardigans from.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 10 Nov 2020, 16:16

Silage
Purple velour cat suit. The patients didn’t mind
Right down to my fingers
They hate you
Peacocks, floorboards, fuck the kids

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 10 Nov 2020, 17:23

Eau de Trump

I don't know what you're talking about.

Not yet. I've got a little plastic tub full of half-grated nutmegs.

Because they suck. Ours died recently as well.

You've got them in the right order.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 10 Nov 2020, 17:37

Eau de factotum

You've pretty much described my wardrobe.

If that's a euphemism, then yes.

I know nothing about plants, but I do know that the name "orchid" comes from the Greek word for testicle. So I'm going to suggest that you give them plant food that's rich in antioxidants, make them wear protection when playing sports, and encourage them to give up smoking.

The reverse of how you've listed them.

kath

Postby kath » 10 Nov 2020, 17:45

Charlie O. wrote:Why do all my orchids keep dying?

I know nothing about plants, but I do know that the name "orchid" comes from the Greek word for testicle. So I'm going to suggest that you give them plant food that's rich in antioxidants, make them wear protection when playing sports, and encourage them to give up smoking.

mwhahaha.

Six String

Postby Six String » 10 Nov 2020, 18:37

Rejection

That rarely happens to me or at least my memory is unable to recall one. Last week I wore a sweater that the ocean breeze was still finding a way through but that was early in my walk so as my body warmed up it became a non issue.

Pretty close! Last Sunday I was making my bolognese sauce and got out the nutmeg and there was a small piece in the jar and I grabbed another one that was more whole instead.

I haven’t a clue as I’ve never grown them. That ice water trick sounds interesting. Can it be applied to other plants? What does it do?

Put these in order of greatness: old oak floorboards, peacocks, small children who pronounce your name incorrectly but with great love.

I’m not very comfortable with children generally speaking and I love wood including my hardwood floors so I say keep them in the order as listed.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 10 Nov 2020, 18:43

You'll Never Walk Alone

Outfit? What's that?

No

Overwatering is the single most common cause of orchid death

Chlidren, floorboards, peracocks
Last edited by Diamond Dog on 10 Nov 2020, 19:25, edited 1 time in total.
I have put the ignorant, inflammatory bore on ignore.

kath

Postby kath » 10 Nov 2020, 19:08

Six String wrote:That ice water trick sounds interesting. Can it be applied to other plants? What does it do?

i think it has sumthin to do with what pete said, about overwatering being the worst thing for orchids. an ice cube in the soil means (a) a very small amount of water; and (b) slowly released into the soil as the cube melts. orchids are delicate. i'm no expert, though.

i haven't tried it on other plants. i do use some of those glass bubble things with the hollow stems. ya fill em with water and stick em down in the soil stem first. that way, the plant just kinda sucks up what it needs from the soil.

i also break em often. cuz i am a klutz.

edit: ah, man. i posted an image of the glass watering bulbs from some website, and when i looked back at the thread, the pic had changed to a drain declogger. the right pic posted when i hit preview, i swear.

please don't water yer plants with a drain declogger, people.

let's try this one.

Last edited by kath on 10 Nov 2020, 20:53, edited 1 time in total.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 10 Nov 2020, 20:40

Mellifluous Meghan

I always look rather fabulous especially at home on lockdown or in the car.

I have a nutmeg grater that I inherited but it's never been used my me.

Looks like some very good advice so far especially about not over watering and dividing every 2 to 3 years. There is speciality orchid re-potting compost and speciality orchid fertiliser.
My mum was quite brutal with the division, chopping the congested root system into three with a bread knife but she got good results. She kept them quite shaded with each pot in a dish watering sparingly into the dish only, never into the plant pot.

Children
Oak floor boards
Peacocks
Last edited by Samoan on 10 Nov 2020, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Minnie the Minx wrote: I do wonder where everyone is getting very small cardigans from.

kath

Postby kath » 10 Nov 2020, 22:05

Samoan wrote:What outfit did you wear last week that you were not happy with, but thought fuck it, this will do?

I always look rather fabulous especially at home on lockdown or in the car.

mwhaha. ohhh. this. is. my. life.

when i manage to go the grocery story, no one looks at my clothes. for some strange reason, everyone stares at my hair.

it *does* kinda look like a hermit witch's wyrd-sister hair from a bad fantasy flick.

i just want my damn eggs and diet coke. i hafta prioritize. fucque em.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 11 Nov 2020, 00:37

Trampoline Park

I have a tiger print smart t shirt and couldn't find the black wide leg pants that I wanted to wear with it, so I put on some cream coloured white pants instead. On seeing myself in a full length mirror I thought I caught a whiff of Don Estelle, but I was running late and said fuck it.

No, which is why all the kitchen drawers in this house are full of slightly grated nutmegs.

I'm glad it's not just me. I have tried the ice cube trick, but it hasn't worked. I think I need to examine the roots and repot it, but of course you know there's fuck all chance of that happening.

The floorboards and peacocks may fight it out for first and second place but this is basically the order I would choose.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String

Postby Six String » 11 Nov 2020, 03:12

What is a smart t shirt?

Flower

Postby Flower » 11 Nov 2020, 13:16

"What's in a name?" .. "Love your scent, what is it?" Stinking monkey shit. It still smells great. :D

None

My home is a nutmeg free zone.

I don't know.

Love small children .. they seem to be able to pronounce my name.
Peacocks as long as I don't live near them
Hard wood floors . oak isn't my number one pick.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.