President Joseph R. Biden Jr.

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Deebank
Resonator

Re: President Joseph R. Biden Jr.

Postby Deebank » 06 Nov 2020, 19:53

Neige wrote:Of course it remains shocking to me just how many millions still think of Trump as a good idea... and they're not going away.

But at the moment, all I feel is total relief, utter happiness and a warm, fuzzy feeling for all my American online friends.

:) :) :)

Seconded.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 06 Nov 2020, 20:24

Believe I'm finally relived that this DUmpt is coming to an end.

few notes:
1. Sam please don't drink the cool-ade. This is a major loss for the warped Republican party. Yes we might not take the senate back but the rep senators will not be influenced and led by a liar and a delusional president. Plus many of them are up in 2022 so if the reps aren't careful it will turn Democratic in two years.
2. Keep reading how the polls were horribly wrong. It now looks like that might have been wrong about senator races (maybe congress too but that's harder to tell). The presidential polls weren't that off. Every state that was a toss up before the election was a toss up state after all. Yes Florida and Ohio look like bad polls but actually Fl before Biden 49 and Trump 46 with undecided at 5. Take the undecided and give it all to Trump and its 49 to 51.
currently Trump has 51. Ohio was a 47 to 47 tie with 6 undecided. Again add the 6 undecided to Trump you get 53 Trump which is what he won by. ie: they were all in the realm of the polls and everyone who did polling knew that Reps were either not answering or lying. I'm guess that the shy Trump voter was smaller than thought and that most of them just didn't answer how they were voting or claimed they were undecided. AZ was to have tons of shy Trump voters but in truth AZ looks like the undecided went to Biden. Where is the shy voter in AZ? Wisc (yes there were some crazy of the wall late polls but the average was 52-48 Biden it ended 51-49 yeah big difference.
3. Joe is going to need help to get this country back on the right tract and get some healing. I don't see this working out very well. This election has shown how divided this country is and its on major not minor issues.

All that said I'm happy as a clam!!! The orange monster is almost done.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 06 Nov 2020, 20:26

kath wrote:in lighter news, wilbur the french bulldog has just been elected mayor of rabbit hash, kentucky.

:lol: saw that and in Kentucky. Maybe in 6 years he can take MItch's senator seat. !!!

Hey maybe the dog is an alien like in Men in Black. :lol: shack him for answers.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 06 Nov 2020, 20:40

soundchaser wrote:God Bless America...and I don’t believe in God. The very best of luck to Joe Biden.

Please be kind to my idiotic countrymen and women who voted Brexit.

Deebank wrote:
Neige wrote:Of course it remains shocking to me just how many millions still think of Trump as a good idea... and they're not going away.

But at the moment, all I feel is total relief, utter happiness and a warm, fuzzy feeling for all my American online friends.

Seconded.

i highlight these becuz i wanna point out one thing: this is how people not living in america should respond... understanding what this really means and how huge it really is. showing empathy and sharing joy that the fucquin delusional, sadistic mildew prez is goin down. so i add my thanks to y'all, too.

and ya know, i don't mean to be too hard on tym, cuz i do know how he is. i was watching and reading his facebook page when shitkickers were runnin rampant in his neck of the woods... when people were being brave and fighting back in the face of thuggery.. and i saw very clearly where his heart is, even if he might be being a lilllll bit stubbornly cynical right now. mwhaha.

it's just that, when i see misplaced priorities about this presidential win and what it really means, i hafta speak out.

... cuz that is MY nature. mwhaha. yes, it is.

people, it is okay to have a fucquin parade for this. however bad it gets, this was indeed the necessary, essential first step at doing ANY DAMN THING about it. as in, stop the arterial bleeding, then worry about the rest of the wounds later.

this is what hope in massive action looks like. make no mistake.

::smack::

kath

Postby kath » 06 Nov 2020, 20:44

Hightea wrote:
kath wrote:in lighter news, wilbur the french bulldog has just been elected mayor of rabbit hash, kentucky.

:lol: saw that and in Kentucky. Maybe in 6 years he can take MItch's senator seat. !!!

Hey maybe the dog is an alien like in Men in Black. :lol: shack him for answers.

mwhahahaha.

he looks rather calm, serene, stable and ready for the job, methinks. he looks marvelous.

i'll come back to some other comments later, but i've got some popol vuh to enjoy.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 06 Nov 2020, 21:03

kath wrote:
soundchaser wrote:God Bless America...and I don’t believe in God. The very best of luck to Joe Biden.

Please be kind to my idiotic countrymen and women who voted Brexit.

Deebank wrote:

Seconded.

i highlight these becuz i wanna point out one thing: this is how people not living in america should respond... understanding what this really means and how huge it really is. showing empathy and sharing joy that the fucquin delusional, sadistic mildew prez is goin down. so i add my thanks to y'all, too.

and ya know, i don't mean to be too hard on tym, cuz i do know how he is. i was watching and reading his facebook page when shitkickers were runnin rampant in his neck of the woods... when people were being brave and fighting back in the face of thuggery.. and i saw very clearly where his heart is, even if he might be being a lilllll bit stubbornly cynical right now. mwhaha.

it's just that, when i see misplaced priorities about this presidential win and what it really means, i hafta speak out.

... cuz that is MY nature. mwhaha. yes, it is.

people, it is okay to have a fucquin parade for this. however bad it gets, this was indeed the necessary, essential first step at doing ANY DAMN THING about it. as in, stop the arterial bleeding, then worry about the rest of the wounds later.

this is what hope in massive action looks like. make no mistake.

::smack::

Thank you Kath. This has been more important to me than the recent U.K. elections. I’m left of centre, but Corbyn was a complete and utter joke for the party I’ve always voted for: even though I spoilt my vote last time, as in my area, it was a waste of time me voting with my heart. The world is in a perilous state and it’s probably already too late for my grandchildren, but we need America’s participation and leadership. Saving the world for our species isn’t possible with Trump.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 06 Nov 2020, 23:06

A point that isn’t being made for some reason... (and I assume I am correct in this) presumably every other State is experiencing the same situation as Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona and Nevada with provisional ballots and mail ins etc. still being counted.

It’s just they don’t matter because results in those States have already been called as the margins are so much clearer and won’t be changed by those relatively small numbers.

Am I reading this right?

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 06 Nov 2020, 23:30

According to The Washington Post the Senate race is now even - 48 to 48...

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 07 Nov 2020, 01:58

Lord Rother wrote:A point that isn’t being made for some reason... (and I assume I am correct in this) presumably every other State is experiencing the same situation as Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona and Nevada with provisional ballots and mail ins etc. still being counted.

It’s just they don’t matter because results in those States have already been called as the margins are so much clearer and won’t be changed by those relatively small numbers.

Am I reading this right?

That’s exactly right, yeah.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

kath

Postby kath » 07 Nov 2020, 09:39

Charlie O. wrote:According to The Washington Post the Senate race is now even - 48 to 48...

yep, which makes those two runoff senate races in georgia huge.

rev raphael warnock vs. kelly loeffler, the foul republican who should already be in jail for insider trading, typical cut-health-care-during-a-pandemic sleaze. warnock leads the same church that was MLK's.

jon ossoff vs. david perdue, the foul, fowl republican chicken magnate who doesn't care how many workers die at his plant, who smeared kamala harris in typical racist ways, etc. jon ossoff sooooo dismantled perdue at their debate that perdue chickened out of showing up for the last debate.

yes, it matters. majorly. we're talkin about the senate.

so we all know how this is gonna go. repubs will spend a gazillion dollars on horrible attack ads smearing their opponents, the typical bullshit ugliness amped to the next galaxy. that's all they know how to do, cuz that is who they are.

so the rev decided to get ahead of the game by releasing this ad:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1324321816102506497

it's good to keep a sense of humor... and hope.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 07 Nov 2020, 16:27

Woohoo, it’s called!

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 07 Nov 2020, 16:31

Lord Rother wrote:Woohoo, it’s called!

Ding dang doo! :)
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 07 Nov 2020, 16:32

CNN SEZ
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 07 Nov 2020, 16:39

Dr. Baron wrote:CNN SEZ

Cautious BBC sez (and AP)

Biden is 30,000 + ahead in Pennsylvania - unassailable.

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 07 Nov 2020, 16:39

Your fired

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 07 Nov 2020, 16:40

NYT, WaPo, Politico all call it.

Rick Santorum on CNN can fuck off

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 07 Nov 2020, 16:44

There was supposed to be a Trump legal team presser at 4.30...

I guess that’s been ignored for the time being.

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 07 Nov 2020, 16:49

He’s golfing, it seems.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 07 Nov 2020, 16:52

Mike Boom wrote:Your fired

:lol:
Just seen someone outside the Whitehouse with that very banner.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 07 Nov 2020, 16:54

Double bogey!
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.