President Joseph R. Biden Jr.

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Re: President Joseph R. Biden Jr.

Postby kath » 06 Nov 2020, 08:43

Rorschach wrote:You didn’t read my next post, did you.

well, no, i didn't. yers came in while i was typing mine.

Positive Passion wrote:Pundits were making the point on Tuesday night that the absence of a democrat landslide demonstrates that a lot of Americans - too many to be ignored - particularly in less metroploitan areas, don't give a shit about Trump being a liar, a tax avoider, a misogynist, a promoter of right wing ideologies and all the rest, and also don't give a shit that top republicans have made no effort to put the interests of the country ahead of their own interests. They also don't give a shit that the US has become an international laughing stock. Accordingly the democrats have lost the moral debate, and yes that is a disaster.

what? becuz it wasn't a landslide, the democrats have lost the moral debate? and that's a disaster?

this makes zero sense to me. sorry.

we must define disaster in two very different ways.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 06 Nov 2020, 09:42

The real winner here is, of course, the Republican Party.

They've not only got shot of a nutjob figurehead, it looks as if they've hung on to the senate and increased their share of the minority vote into the bargain.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 06 Nov 2020, 10:01

Sam Stone wrote:The real winner here is, of course, the Republican Party.

They've not only got shot of a nutjob figurehead, it looks as if they've hung on to the senate and increased their share of the minority vote into the bargain.

I love the twisted, convoluted logic of this - and all the other gibberish of a similar type being posted elsewhere.

Let's get this right - getting rid of the Cult Of Trump was actually the most important thing in this election. The Senate is a bind. The minority vote viewpoint isn't, as I'm aware, borne out by fact. But even if it is... it matters not a single jot. All those things can be worked on. Trump getting another four years would have seen the effective hijacking of democracy in the US. Just look at the goon squads assembling outside counting houses, the armed militia waiting for the call. And that's now. Can you imagine how the next four years would have been with the Orange Nero sitting atop the White House, turning his thumb downwards at anyone and anything he opposed?

Get real. Beating Trump was every thing in this election., The rest is a pain, but no more than that.
I have put the ignorant, inflammatory bore on ignore.

kath

Postby kath » 06 Nov 2020, 10:15

again, i disagree.

increasing their share of the minority vote in the house does not give em a majority.

the senate *is* a problem, but that majority isn't a sure thing just yet. even if it were, i really don't get this uber cynicism here.

it seems some of y'all think that the massive problems in this country, the republican evil, the racist rabid fucquers, the voter suppression, all of this crap that has been goin on for decades and decades... y'all act as though those problems just magically manifested under trump and that one election was gonna make it all magically go "*poof*.

it's clear i won't convince y'all otherwise, so go on thinking that biden and harris winning this election doesn't matter bigly. i'm glad y'all aren't running anything over here, mwhahaha.

i mean, never mind that biden is gonna win with the highest vote count of any dem candidate in american history. with the electoral vote, he'll probably win with, oh, maybe 300. and we'll have harris as VP. this record-breaking stuff is just meaningless, then, cuz that republican evil hasn't been swoooop, wiped off the face of the earth? it's all hell in a handbasket for america. bullcrap. it most definitely would've been if trump stayed in power.

just now, biden pulled ahead in georgia. georgia. do you know why he might win it in georgia? becuz of people like stacey abrams. she has been fighting and energizing voters like crazy for years, in one of the most suppressed states in america. people in georgia stood in line for 12 hours to be able to vote in this election. (there will likely be two senate runoff races in georgia as well.) abrams was cheated out of winning her election, but instead of giving it up and writing it all off, it just energized her more. and guess what... it matters. it matters even if biden doesn't pull georgia out this time.

i won't go so far as to say some of y'all may suffer from short attention span theatre, mwhaha, but what is happening in america is a very long-standing war. the demographics in america are changing, hugely. the republican/magat menace is gonna continue to become more of a minority. that is a fact. their crazed attempts at more cheating to keep power will not hold.

as for this election, to look at it as some kinda disastrous loss is, well, ridiculous to me. it is huge. it is more than just a moral victory. it is absolutely essential.

kath

Postby kath » 06 Nov 2020, 10:17

Diamond Dog wrote:

I love the twisted, convoluted logic of this - and all the other gibberish of a similar type being posted elsewhere.

Let's get this right - getting rid of the Cult Of Trump was actually the most important thing in this election. The Senate is a bind. The minority vote viewpoint isn't, as I'm aware, borne out by fact. But even if it is... it matters not a single jot. All those things can be worked on. Trump getting another four years would have seen the effective hijacking of democracy in the US. Just look at the goon squads assembling outside counting houses, the armed militia waiting for the call. And that's now. Can you imagine how the next four years would have been with the Orange Nero sitting atop the White House, turning his thumb downwards at anyone and anything he opposed?

Get real. Beating Trump was every thing in this election., The rest is a pain, but no more than that.

thank you.

kath

Postby kath » 06 Nov 2020, 10:44

in lighter news, wilbur the french bulldog has just been elected mayor of rabbit hash, kentucky.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 06 Nov 2020, 12:52

kath wrote:

it seems some of y'all think that the massive problems in this country, the republican evil, the racist rabid fucquers, the voter suppression, all of this crap that has been goin on for decades and decades... y'all act as though those problems just magically manifested under trump and that one election was gonna make it all magically go "*poof*.

it's clear i won't convince y'all otherwise, so go on thinking that biden and harris winning this election doesn't matter bigly. i'm glad y'all aren't running anything over here, mwhahaha.

as for this election, to look at it as some kinda disastrous loss is, well, ridiculous to me. it is huge. it is more than just a moral victory. it is absolutely essential.

Sorry, K, but nowhere on this board have I ever said that the problems in the US began with Trump.

Nor have I ever said that the election of Biden/Harris is/was/would be some kind of disaster.

Like Brexit in the UK, Trump's 2016 election was the result of years of simmering resentment by what Nixon used
to call the "Silent Majority".

While no one would deny getting shot of Trump is a huge moment, the divisions he so cynically exposed and exploited
are going to be around for a cynical pol to exploit for good few years yet.

kath

Postby kath » 06 Nov 2020, 13:03

Sam Stone wrote:
kath wrote:

Sorry, K, but nowhere on this board have I ever said that the problems in the US began with Trump.

Nor have I ever said that the election of Biden/Harris is/was/would be some kind of disaster.

Like Brexit in the UK, Trump's 2016 election was the result of years of simmering resentment by what Nixon used

While no one would deny getting shot of Trump is a huge moment, the divisions he so cynically exposed and exploited

you said this was a win for the republicans. not a word about a huge moment. the opposite, in fact. you downplayed gettin rid of trump completely.

... which is ridiculous.

as you were echoing what tym said, i decided to respond to you both at the same time.

i will tell you what bothers me: that cynical crap makes all the moral.. even heroic... actions by countless americans during all this implicitly irrelevant.

so you wanna talk about a huge moment and make sure where the balance might be, go right ahead.

otherwise, i am gonna call you calling this a victory for republicans bullcrap. ya ya.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 06 Nov 2020, 13:31

kath wrote:
Sam Stone wrote:
kath wrote:

you said this was a win for the republicans. not a word about a huge moment. the opposite, in fact. you downplayed gettin rid of trump completely.

... which is ridiculous.

as you were echoing what tym said, i decided to respond to you both at the same time.

i will tell you what bothers me: that cynical crap makes all the moral.. even heroic... actions by countless americans during all this implicitly irrelevant.

so you wanna talk about a huge moment and make sure where the balance might be, go right ahead.

otherwise, i am gonna call you calling this a victory for republicans bullcrap. ya ya.

Hi, K,

Having repeatedly made my loathing for Trump and the "ism" that bears his name obvious elsewhere on this board, both this year and in 2016, thought it rather went without saying that getting rid of him was wonderful news.

While I recognise my use of "the real winners here" in my original post needed toning down, I don't think anyone can argue that the Reps have done rather well out of getting shot of Trump themselves. As is apparent from the speed with which they started distancing themselves from him when he started kicking off on Tuesday night.

kath

Postby kath » 06 Nov 2020, 13:41

Sam Stone wrote:
kath wrote:
Sam Stone wrote:

... which is ridiculous.

Hi, K,

Having repeatedly made my loathing for Trump and the "ism" that bears his name obvious elsewhere on this board, both this year and in 2016, thought it rather went without saying that getting rid of him was wonderful news.

While I recognise my use of "the real winners here" in my original post needed toning down, I don't think anyone can argue that the Reps have done rather well out of getting shot of Trump themselves. As is apparent from the speed with which they started distancing themselves from him when he started kicking off on Tuesday night.

yeah, a question of balance.

see, *i* would say that the clear winner is american fucquin democracy in knockin out a fascist, dictator fucque.

but i'll do me and you do you.

Flower

Postby Flower » 06 Nov 2020, 13:56

Election 2020 live updates: Biden takes lead in count in Pennsylvania and Georgia

https://www.washingtonpost.com/election ... e-updates/

:D
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 06 Nov 2020, 14:28

Sam Stone wrote:
kath wrote:
Sam Stone wrote:

... which is ridiculous.

Hi, K,

Mmm , you are sounding like one of them generals who puts a privates uniform on after the war has ended .
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 06 Nov 2020, 14:39

I don’t think the Republican Party IS better off without Trump. A standard Republican candidate wouldn’t have done as well as he did. Now they will be stuck with all these people who want Trump (and to be clear, they are a horrible problem that I’m not oblivious to) but they’ll never be satisfied with someone else. I don’t think anyone can fill his shoes and the Republicans might not have mass appeal without him. I think he’s the reason for the broad Republican successes AND the broad Democratic successes. He’s driven the turnout and the passion.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 06 Nov 2020, 14:53

The great machinery of state seems to be grinding into gear for a Biden presidency (something to do with the airspace over his house being guarded) and Fox and CNN are supposedly about to declare the victory.

Fingers crossed.

Plus the Trump campaign have put out a memo saying 'The election is not over' which indicates that the election is over.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 06 Nov 2020, 16:32

Its fuckin' MAJOR. The asshole of assholes is OUT! There's a looooooooong road to recovery in this country and there will be many bumps in the road, but at least there's light at the end of the tunnel now.

"Ding dong, the witch is dead, the witch is dead, the witch is dead, ding dong the wicked witch is dead..."
"The reason I say Trump won is that he came across as more confident, quicker-witted."
-John Coan on the Presidential debate

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 06 Nov 2020, 16:55

God Bless America...and I don’t believe in God. The very best of luck to Joe Biden.

Please be kind to my idiotic countrymen and women who voted Brexit.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 06 Nov 2020, 17:49

toomanyhatz wrote:I will change the thread title if it needs to be changed, but my guess is that won't be necessary.

I've had some enjoyable "I told you so's" in my life, but this might just top them all...
Jimbo wrote:I need you to back up this claim.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2021?

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 06 Nov 2020, 18:17

kath wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:

thank you.

Well... I try... ;)
I have put the ignorant, inflammatory bore on ignore.

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 06 Nov 2020, 18:39

Matt Wilson wrote:Its fuckin' MAJOR. The asshole of assholes is OUT! There's a looooooooong road to recovery in this country and there will be many bumps in the road, but at least there's light at the end of the tunnel now.

"Ding dong, the witch is dead, the witch is dead, the witch is dead, ding dong the wicked witch is dead..."

Yes! I had that running thru my head

Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Postby Neige » 06 Nov 2020, 19:38

Of course it remains shocking to me just how many millions still think of Trump as a good idea... and they're not going away.

But at the moment, all I feel is total relief, utter happiness and a warm, fuzzy feeling for all my American online friends.

:) :) :)
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge