President Joseph R. Biden Jr.

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Positive Passion

Re: President Joseph R. Biden Jr.

Postby Positive Passion » 24 Jan 2021, 10:20

toomanyhatz wrote:^

Really. And bravo.

The only thing I can add is a lot of people talk about the first amendment without understanding what it says, and means.

Social media companies like Twitter and Facebook are not government entities, for example. And we all signed away our rights to "yell 'fire' in a crowded theater" the second we signed up, and agreed to abide by their interpretation of what constituted that rather than ours.

Thank you, democracy.

I think you also sign away your rights to yell fire in a crowded theatre when you buy a ticket to go to the theatre. Every business reserves the right to serve customers who are causing a problem to the business or to other customers. Twitter and facebook are no different to that.
There may be a consistency problem, of course. But bars and restaurants are also not consistent about why they throw people out.

Meanwhile I heard some cracking comments from a judge releasing a Capitol rioter on bail where he makes the point that everything that has happened to her in the arrest and indictment procedure, including the reading of rights, the appointment of a public defender and being released on bail, are all examples of the state and the various actors - the policemen, the lawyers and so on - recognising and complying with the very Constitution which she was purporting to subvert.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 26 Jan 2021, 07:11

Biden spotted maskless on federal property after mandating masks there

Part of the executive order states, "...on-duty or on-site Federal employees, on-site Federal contractors, and other individuals in Federal buildings and on Federal lands should all wear masks, maintain physical distance, and adhere to other public health measures, as provided in CDC guidelines."

https://www.radio.com/971talk/news/poli ... er-mandate

Well that's just dandy, isn't it. I mean the hypocrisy is off the charts.
kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

Jimbo wrote: So Kath, put on your puka love beads ... Then go fuque yourself.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 Jan 2021, 00:41

kath wrote: *which is the real reason he can fucque off and rot for the rest of time.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 27 Jan 2021, 01:30

Jimbo wrote:Now i have no friends.

Jimbo wrote:There goes that conspiracy theory.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2021?

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 29 Jan 2021, 12:39

Conservative warn culture, political wars will worsen

This seems about right.
The national politicians can't repudiate Trump because no one is willing to lose an election for principle. Nationally, they are an electoral minority with little hope for growth. Darker days ahead, alas.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 28 Feb 2021, 05:39

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 03 Mar 2021, 00:11

NEWSFLASH: Senate Republicans believe mean tweets are disqualifying for someone to hold office in the executive branch of government.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 03 Mar 2021, 12:04

Dr. Baron wrote:NEWSFLASH: Senate Republicans believe mean tweets are disqualifying for someone to hold office in the executive branch of government.

:lol: I thought the same when I read that this morning
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 03 Mar 2021, 23:22

Dr. Baron wrote:NEWSFLASH: Senate Republicans believe mean tweets are disqualifying for someone to hold office in the executive branch of government.

:lol: after 4 years of Trump nasty tweets really?

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 04 Mar 2021, 01:03

There's also accusations flying from both sides about the sexism inherent in Tanden's tweets being acceptable coming from a man (probably true) and the far left accusing her of being anti-progressive (some of the tweets being directed at Bernie Sanders). Don't know enough about that to judge, but my initial impression is that it's more of the usual Dems shooting themselves in the foot by infighting.
Jimbo wrote:Now i have no friends.

Jimbo wrote:There goes that conspiracy theory.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2021?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » Today, 06:35

Holy shit. No fucking wonder. This is an actual US senator, a Biden Democrat, voting down a raise in the minimum wage.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » Today, 07:41

Funny, had she voted in favor of the wage hike - with a thumbs up and a curtsy - I wouldn't mind so much, or at all, even.