Sean Connery RIP

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Sam Stone

Re: Sean Connery RIP

Postby Sam Stone » 02 Nov 2020, 17:10

Diamond Dog wrote:
the infatuation of some on BBC with fucking Preludin

First BCB and now the BBC. When will it end!

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 02 Nov 2020, 17:15

Yeah like you can talk about typos. Over five posts.
I have put the ignorant, inflammatory bore on ignore.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 02 Nov 2020, 17:23

Diamond Dog wrote:Yeah like you can talk about typos. Over five posts.

It was a joke FFS

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 02 Nov 2020, 17:25

Yeah right. Ha ha.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 02 Nov 2020, 21:57

Apparently some people can't understand that you can be critical of a person's behaviour while at the same time praising their talent.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 02 Nov 2020, 22:53

Jimbly wrote:Apparently some people can't understand that you can be critical of a person's behaviour while at the same time praising their talent.

It does appear to be beyond some, yes.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 02 Nov 2020, 22:59

Diamond Dog wrote:
Jimbly wrote:Apparently some people can't understand that you can be critical of a person's behaviour while at the same time praising their talent.

It does appear to be beyond some, yes.

yeah.

it is also true that we all draw those lines somewhere, don't we? where the character of the artist does get in the way of the art. i mean, on music boards, it can be a riot to see just how many musicians can behave not only badly but abysmally, yet they get a pass where actors, writers, politicans will not. cuz, well, we luvvvvv the music and the music matters most!

just becuz we draw our lines in different places doesn't mean anyone else's lines are bullcrap. in fact, it's probably a good argument for finding a lil more tolerance for anyone else's lines.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 02 Nov 2020, 23:03

Sneelock wrote:it's true that he had "star quality" out the wing-wang and that's all he needed most of the time.
I emphatically do NOT agree that he was a poor actor.

I think his performances in "the Hill", "the molly maguires" and especially "the offence" are extremely good.

But ... Marnie?
(one of only about four films of his I ever saw)
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 02 Nov 2020, 23:26

Rayge wrote:
Sneelock wrote:it's true that he had "star quality" out the wing-wang and that's all he needed most of the time.
I emphatically do NOT agree that he was a poor actor.

I think his performances in "the Hill", "the molly maguires" and especially "the offence" are extremely good.

But ... Marnie?
(one of only about four films of his I ever saw)

i hated marnie, it's true.

ya knowww... i am ever tempted to ask guys who write off things like comments about slappin women around... do you know any women, in yer family or in yer circle of friends, who took a punch to the face from a man in a relationship? (see, this is me, not askin.)

i have. exactly once. i've made sure and for the rest of my life that it'll never happen to me again.

so it stands to reason with my own lines, i might be a tad bit more touchy about those kinds of comments.

at the same time, i have zero probs admitting my own contradictions. i loved connery as bond. he dripped a charisma i can't even describe. my sister would've done him a day before he died, i think. i even read all the fleming books at a ridiculously young age cuz i stole em from a brother who was thirteen years older than i was, mwhaha. and connery was bond to me. hell, i loved connery in highlander, but i would never admit such a thing in public, of course.

er... oops.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 15 Nov 2020, 14:04

British Islanders, The Man Who Would Be King is on Film 4 TV* at 6.10 pm preceded by Robin and Marian (also featuring Robert Shaw and Richard Harris) at 4 pm.

* Or one hour later on Film 4 +1
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Minnie the Minx wrote: I do wonder where everyone is getting very small cardigans from.