Frank (SoT, Your Friendly Neighborhood Postman)

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Charlie O.

Frank (SoT, Your Friendly Neighborhood Postman)

Postby Charlie O. » 03 Oct 2020, 23:44

He was "last active" in May, and last posted in February.

I hope he's ok.

Tom Waits For No One

Re: Frank (SoT, Your Friendly Neighborhood Postman)

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 04 Oct 2020, 17:41

Can't help with any info I'm afraid Charlie.

Like yourself, I hope he's ok.
Give a shit or be a shit.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 04 Oct 2020, 19:21

I hope somebody has some news & I hope that news is good.
I miss his avatar and his generally upbeat attitude.
Here’s hoping his absence is due to a busy schedule or a personal choice.
Inka Dinka Doo

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 05 Oct 2020, 15:30

Frank's presence seems like a lifetime ago but he did used to take long posting holidays, didn't he? Hopefully he's doing something he enjoys.
He did talk about being ill, but this didn't deflect the impact of unsolicited and unsettling sleaze both openly and privately solely towards the women posters here. If it didn't happen to the guys, it's certainly easier for them to take a less subjective and more pleasantly reflective view of Frank's online activity.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 05 Oct 2020, 19:59

i remember him. i hope he's alright in his real world and all.

the first thing that comes to mind is the running "creamy globes" thing.

i didn't interact with him much. we just weren't talkin about the same things in the same threads. i do know he had that ick factor with women (in fact, somebody actually warned me about how he was with women by PM.) that's never very good. but i don't recall having any probs with him myself, so i never felt remotely threatened by him. he never PMed me. i think he just had... what's a good word... socialization difficulties? probs being aware of regular human boundaries? he would try to be friendly and end up being overly praiseworthy and kissuppy. he would try to be flirty and end up ickin out women. i dunno. i think on those edges he had problems.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 06 Oct 2020, 18:00

Seems like a long time ago but I recall SoT being accused of some quite extreme stuff. At the time I thought (and said) that those making the accusations should probably put up or shut up. I think he basically rolled over at that point. So perhaps there was more to it than was made public. It just looked like his usual over-zealous trying to be 'one of the boys' behaviour. I think there was quite a lot of public heavy-duty flirting taking place at the time which is fine between consenting adults but not so fine with uninvited third parties trying to get in on the 'joke'.

Anyway, he apologised and behaved himself from then on didn't he?
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 06 Oct 2020, 18:02

People come and go. Its life isn't it? And there are more important things than a message board.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 07 Oct 2020, 16:29

I didn't personally cop for any salaciousness from him, as far as I can recall, possibly because he'd no idea I was a woman due to my board name and avatar.

The last memorable posts I have (?) of his came from whilst resident in a "heavy duty" Christian therapeutic community or retreat or somesuchlike place and he'd been describing the regime, activities, the other people there, etc etc. Anyway, someone posted back (I think I remember who, but I won't name him in case I'm wrong and/or so as not to embarrass him) in a very thoughtful, kindly and generous manner to say he didn't think this place sounded like a very healthy environment & shouldn't he perhaps reconsider his options ??
I have a memory of that poster suggesting some Buddhist articles and literature that he might find helpful to read and explore.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Minnie the Minx wrote: I do wonder where everyone is getting very small cardigans from.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 07 Oct 2020, 17:46

SoT was a strange one, and I do hope he's okay. For a while, after he learned about the Canadian delicacy poutine he would comment on almost anything I wrote about how he'd like to "bathe in poutine" with me, and variations on that theme, which I thought was weird, and after it had gone on for quite a while it became a bit creepy, but I always chalked it up to his strange sense of humour. I was certainly aware of some of his comments toward women here, and I'm pretty sure it was made common knowledge at some point that he was sending unsolicited PMs of a harassing nature.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 07 Oct 2020, 17:53

harvey k-tel wrote:SoT was a strange one, and I do hope he's okay. For a while, after he learned about the Canadian delicacy poutine he would comment on almost anything I wrote about how he'd like to "bathe in poutine" with me, and variations on that theme, which I thought was weird, and after it had gone on for quite a while it became a bit creepy, but I always chalked it up to his strange sense of humour.

Well, if you’re going to flirt with him, what do you expect??
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 07 Oct 2020, 18:22

Minnie the Minx wrote:
harvey k-tel wrote:SoT was a strange one, and I do hope he's okay. For a while, after he learned about the Canadian delicacy poutine he would comment on almost anything I wrote about how he'd like to "bathe in poutine" with me, and variations on that theme, which I thought was weird, and after it had gone on for quite a while it became a bit creepy, but I always chalked it up to his strange sense of humour.

Well, if you’re going to flirt with him, what do you expect??

I gave him a fucking recipe!!
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 07 Oct 2020, 19:21

And you'll never have that recipe again, oh nooooooooooo...

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 07 Oct 2020, 19:22

Charlie O. wrote:And you'll never have that recipe again, oh nooooooooooo...

mwhahahahaaaa ow.

C
Robust

Postby C » 07 Oct 2020, 22:19

Charlie O. wrote:And you'll never have that recipe again, oh nooooooooooo...

:lol: :lol:

Good lad Chas

Good lad

soundchaser wrote:Very nice indeed [Levitation boxset], C’s mate Ginger Baker tubbing it out with full gusto.

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 08 Oct 2020, 12:57

Years ago and I do mean years ago some of us feared he had commited suicide because of some of his posts and the lengthy silence that followed.

A nice lady poster contacted me by phone from the U.S. to see if I could get hold of one of his professors at the University. I duly did and it turned out he wasn't taking his meds properly.

Perhaps that could be the case now?
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod