The Trumps have tested positive for Covid 19

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Re: The Trumps have tested positive for Covid 19

Postby Dr. Baron » 07 Oct 2020, 12:08

Rorschach wrote:
Dr. Baron wrote:It occurs to me that if this happened to a Democratic administration, the right would . . .

I imagine something similar has occurred to you a few times over the last 4 years.

Every day!
:x :(
:lol:
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 07 Oct 2020, 12:39

this is a good article.

"The only bright spot in Trump's Soviet-style COVID-19 strategy is that it's not working"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/10/07/trump-covid-19-soviet-style-disinformation-health-risks-column/5896600002/

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 07 Oct 2020, 12:52

kath wrote:this is a good article.

"The only bright spot in Trump's Soviet-style COVID-19 strategy is that it's not working"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/10/07/trump-covid-19-soviet-style-disinformation-health-risks-column/5896600002/

:shock:
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

kath

Postby kath » 07 Oct 2020, 16:22

and in the big surprise part whatever:

"The White House has rejected an offer from the CDC to lead the effort to track down and notify Americans who were exposed to a growing coronavirus outbreak linked to Trump and top aides."

and we all know why this is, right? it's the same reason the walter reed doc and mcenany and all of em refuse to disclose when trump's last negative test was. it's becuz trump himself is likely the super-spreader.

cue movie trailer voice over...it's coming from inside the house!

but since i have posted some positive numbers above in this thread in the name of cosmic balance, i'll give some more:

from reuters: in 2016, at this stage in early voting, some 75,000 people had voted. at this point in early voting now? over 4 million. 50 times worth.

also of note: recall what i said above about the massive shift in seniors to biden?

it looks like it is happening with women, too.

tim alberta is the chief political correspondent for politico. the internal polling is apparently a nightmare for republicans. he says he cannot overstate what he is hearing. he has spoken to two red-state republicans who are both telling him things like...

"But what we're seeing now, in polling conducted by both parties, isn't a wave. It isn't even a tsunami. It's something we don't have a name for, because we've never seen anything like it."

hopeful. and ready to vote.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 07 Oct 2020, 18:00

kath wrote:but since i have posted some positive numbers above in this thread in the name of cosmic balance, i'll give some more:

from reuters: in 2016, at this stage in early voting, some 75,000 people had voted. at this point in early voting now? over 4 million. 50 times worth.

Bear in mind, though, that they aren't necessarily all voting for Biden.

kath

Postby kath » 07 Oct 2020, 18:37

Charlie O. wrote:
kath wrote:but since i have posted some positive numbers above in this thread in the name of cosmic balance, i'll give some more:

entirely true.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 07 Oct 2020, 23:17

It’ll be fascinating to see what Trump comes up with if / when he loses even before mail in ballots have been counted.

Maybe he’ll blow his brains out on Live TV. Ever the showman!

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 08 Oct 2020, 00:52

Maybe he'll launch the nukes.

Seriously, I wouldn't put it past him.

kath

Postby kath » 08 Oct 2020, 04:11

Charlie O. wrote:Maybe he'll launch the nukes.

i've said it before. who knows which thread. but i honestly believe the forces that be have a contingency plan in place for if he goes crazy enough to try. i am serious here. some soldier/secret service type is gonna metaphorically fall on his sword, draw his firearm, and plug him right between the eyes. somethingggg.

i would bet good money on it.

of course, if i am wrong, i doubt i'll hafta pay up on that bet, as we will all be vaporized.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 09 Oct 2020, 14:00

I presume he doesn't actually get to launch them himself. He gives the order to fire them; not sure what at right now; and the people who pass on the order simply won't do it.

I hope.
Bugger off.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 09 Oct 2020, 15:00

Lord Rother wrote:It’ll be fascinating to see what Trump comes up with if / when he loses even before mail in ballots have been counted.

Maybe he’ll blow his brains out on Live TV. Ever the showman!

Showman, yes but also always the cringing cowherd.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 09 Oct 2020, 15:04

kath wrote:

i've said it before. who knows which thread. but i honestly believe the forces that be have a contingency plan in place for if he goes crazy enough to try. i am serious here. some soldier/secret service type is gonna metaphorically fall on his sword, draw his firearm, and plug him right between the eyes. somethingggg.

of course, if i am wrong, i doubt i'll hafta pay up on that bet, as we will all be vaporized.

Runs down to pharmacy and buys up entire stock of iodine

kath

Postby kath » 09 Oct 2020, 15:16

Rorschach wrote:I presume he doesn't actually get to launch them himself. He gives the order to fire them; not sure what at right now; and the people who pass on the order simply won't do it.

I hope.

snippin from the wikipedia entry. y'all can look it up if you want more technical explanations of the nuclear football.

"Before the order can be processed by the military, the president must be positively identified using a special code issued on a plastic card, nicknamed the "biscuit". The United States has a two-man rule in place at nuclear launch facilities, and while only the president can order the release of nuclear weapons, the order must be verified by the secretary of defense to be an authentic order given by the president (there is a hierarchy of succession in the event that the president is killed in an attack). This verification process deals solely with verifying that the order came from the actual president. The secretary of defense has no veto power and must comply with the president's order. Once all the codes have been verified, the military would issue attack orders to the proper units. These orders are given and then re-verified for authenticity. It is argued that the president has almost sole authority to initiate a nuclear attack since the secretary of defense is required to verify the order, but cannot veto it.

The football is carried by one of the rotating presidential military aides, whose work schedule is described by a top-secret rota (one from each of the six service branches). This person is a commissioned officer in the U.S. military, pay-grade O-4 or above, who has undergone the nation's most rigorous background check (Yankee White).These officers are required to keep the football readily accessible to the president at all times. Consequently, the aide, football in hand, is always either standing or walking near the president, including riding on Air Force One, Marine One, or the presidential motorcade with the president.

The operational plan for nuclear strike orders is entirely concerned with the identity of the commanding officer and the authenticity of the order, and there are no safeguards to verify that the person issuing the order is sane. Notably, Major Harold Hering was discharged from the Air Force in late 1973 for asking the question "How can I know that an order I receive to launch my missiles came from a sane president?"

our current secretary of defense is mark esper. esper has very clearly taken trump's side and/or covered for him on many questionable issyews, including the firing of navy captain brett crozier after crozier wrote a letter pleading for help cuz the men on his aircraft carrier were suffering from covid. esper was with trump at that lafayette square photo op when trump had peaceful protesters gassed, attacked and moved out of the area so trump could stand in front of the church there, holding a bible (upside down.)

esper would not be the one making a principled stand.

i still hold to what i said earlier, though. there is a contingency plan somewhere in the chain. becuz there ARE many principled people in that chain. they know he's not just not sane. he's completely barking crazy. there will be other measures to effectively "veto" trump's decision.

and if you think trump wouldn't play pick-a-target and vaporize a million people if he thought for a second in his delusional brain that it would help his election chances OR be fitting revenge for all the bastards against him... i've got news for ya. malignant narcissists like to take as many folk as possible with em when they go down.

on the plus side, he is phenomenally stupid. this is the same man that a few years ago proposed dropping a nuke into a hurricane to make it go away. he is sooo stupid, he broadcasts everything he does. he can't keep himself from blurting out secrets cuz he thinks knowing secrets makes him powerful and smart, so he brags about em openly.

he can't even hide how bonkers he has gone, in his desperation about the election and covid. yesterday, he was screaming about his AG needing to arrrest his current political opponent, biden... his last political opponent, clinton... and the last president, obama. he was raving about california (regarding the wildfires) only caring about saving "the tiny fishes." he ranted that biden was gonna ruin all the suburbs and make buildings with "tiny little windows." even evil mitch mcconnell countered trump, something he never does, by saying he hadn't gone to the white house since august becuz the president didn't take covid safety precautions seriously.

so he's a stupid, deranged lunatic. he can't hide it from anyone, including those in that chain.

kath

Postby kath » 09 Oct 2020, 15:22

Sam Stone wrote:
kath wrote:

Runs down to pharmacy and buys up entire stock of iodine

mwhahaha

kath

Postby kath » 09 Oct 2020, 16:43

Charlie O. wrote:

i saw some numbers this morning.

7,500,000 Americans have voted.

Of the roughly 3 million who voted in states that report by party affiliation:
Democrats - 55%
Republicans - 24%
No Party - 20%
Minors - 1%

yes, just numbers. but i can still like the trend, mwhaha.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 09 Oct 2020, 17:12

Deebank wrote:the cringing cowherd

If I should ever decide on a career in country music, I have my stage name. Thanks, Deebank!

kath

Postby kath » 10 Oct 2020, 13:05

welp, trump is ready to relaunch his super-spreader tour.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/09/trump-launches-his-post-coronavirus-recovery-tour-428419

2,000 guests have been invited to his thing at the white house today. of course, no masks, no precautions, no trump testing again. 2,000.

too many darwin awards to give out, really.

oh, and from the new york times:

"The CDC drafted a sweeping order last month requiring all passengers and employees to wear masks on all forms of public and commercial transportation in the U.S., but it was blocked by the White House."

yeah.

the very same insane levels of denial and cover-up. instead of let em eat cake, it's let em all die.

current fave twitter moment:

peter frampton: "Vote him out!!"

george conway: "I feel like you do."

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 10 Oct 2020, 18:05

Charlie O. wrote:
Deebank wrote:the cringing cowherd

If I should ever decide on a career in country music, I have my stage name. Thanks, Deebank!

Why go with Thanks, Deebank when (The) Cringing Cowherd is so much oooooomphier?

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 10 Oct 2020, 18:13

*(cringe)*

kath

Postby kath » 10 Oct 2020, 21:36

kath wrote:welp, trump is ready to relaunch his super-spreader tour.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/09/trump-launches-his-post-coronavirus-recovery-tour-428419

2,000 guests have been invited to his thing at the white house today. of course, no masks, no precautions, no trump testing again. 2,000.

2,000 invited. 400 showed up. (most were paid to show up by conservative whackadoodle candace owens.)

trump was sposed to speak for 30 minutes. he spoke from the balcony for 18 minutes.

he spewed his usual crazy bullshit about being the best prez for blacks since abraham lincoln... just not even worth repeating.

but an interesting note: a news anchor on fox news said trump was "pandering to black and latinx americans." oof. wonder if she'll get death threats or lose her job.

also, apparently trump now has an endorsement... from the taliban.

... fucquin insane.