The Trumps have tested positive for Covid 19

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Re: The Trumps have tested positive for Covid 19

Postby soundchaser » 06 Oct 2020, 15:46

Great read! Kath’s got some serious competition, but I know we can count on her to keep coming up with the goods.

I can’t wait for her take on the VP debate.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 06 Oct 2020, 16:11

Rayge wrote:Great read/demolition by my favourite columnist:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... cony-drugs

Just in case there are problems with the link:

A rare moment of unity in the US election, as Donald Trump marked his return to the White House by gasping along with his detractors. On Monday night, the president puffed up the front staircase of his residence, his face coated in several more gallons of paint than the front elevation of the building. “Don’t let it dominate your lives,” he panted of the virus, a bad case of which tends to dominate your death.

Yet there he was, this hideous kink in the arc of history, giving the most dangerous balcony performance since Michael Jackson had his baby crowdsurf off one. The American people are all Blanket now.

As for the optics, “deranged balcony address” is certainly a look – but not one that tends to end well. How might this version turn out? Unfortunately, it’s not a question Trump’s attention span equips him to answer. His reference points for the form are the occasional three minutes of historical documentaries he’s forced to watch while searching his stomach-folds for the TV remote. It feels like he switches over to Fox News before discovering how a whole series of 20th-century balcony stories ended.

Still: don’t call him Wussolini. He beat this illness – which he still very much has – like a man. One of the really manly ones, who takes all the best drugs and leaves everyone else exposed and misled and unprotected. Even so, early reactions to the gasping spectacle suggest the move could only have backfired more if Trump had ascended the front steps via a hastily installed stairlift carrying a pack of adult diapers.

Once he’d wheezed through the unpleasantries, all that remained was to remove his mask and set about infecting any remaining staff yet to be exposed to his droplets. Think of Trump as the 83rd Airborne, parachuting his deadly particles deep into butlers’ respiratory systems. He won’t give you a Purple Heart, but he might give you purple lungs.

Alas, it’s disappointing to find potential victims failing to feel grateful for the opportunity. One current secret service agent assigned to the first family’s detail expressed frustration, telling CNN: “We’re not disposable.” Two housekeeping staff have already tested positive for the virus. As the events of the past week show, the president’s respect for human life is so low that he is willing to send an entire army of servants into 14-day isolation or worse in order to keep up a steady stream of trans-fats being fed to him. Dying in the line of duty used to mean taking a bullet for the president; it could now involve taking him a Diet Coke. Thank you for your drinks service.

As for how Trump spent the rest of his evening, I assume it was straight on to the monstrous leader’s WhatsApp to josh with the other bros about how they kill their underlings. RocketmanKim loves a firing squad, Vlad69’s a huge chemicals guy, but Trump just clears his throat while being brought his fourth burger of the day. Boom! “I cough on them like a bitch! When you’re famous you can do that.”

Face it, he’s absolutely bossing the likes of Kim and Xi and MBS in the fantasy evil-doer leagues. It’s not that the other guys don’t have lethal motorcades and abysmal interiors taste and balcony addresses and death cults and doctors who mislead the world. But doing them in a democracy – well, that makes it triple points.

Speaking of physicians who really need to heal themselves, what a striking misinformation campaign it’s been from presidential medic Sean Conley, who has been continually obfuscating about Trump’s condition since calling his symptoms “mild”, only for even the White House to contradict him. For me, that’s the new low. Of course, we now expect the president of the United States to lie as default – to tell us black is white, or up is down, or to claim he never said something he’s on camera saying. But for a professional and senior doctor to mislead apparently without remorse shows how necrotic the body politic has become, from the very top down. The lying, the reality-denying is not a one-off case – it’s the other epidemic.

In fact, it’s kind of amazing that conspiracy theorists have lined up so supportively behind Trump, when he’s really the most convincing proof yet of all their worst fears. The Man really is lying to them, he really is wicked, and he really does want to kill them. The damning evidence is right there in front of everyone. Only, instead of begging Oliver Stone to make a film about it, they want to give Trump a second term.

Like me, you probably hate to see a conspiracist wimp out of their beliefs just when it’s coming up roses for them. It’s as if the moon landing hoaxers were signing over their life savings to Nasa, or the flat earthers booking a round-the-world ticket. So come on, guys – back yourselves! After all, if not now, then when?

mwhahahahaha. i loved this.

wussolini. trump as the 83rd airbourne. ohhhh.

kath

Postby kath » 06 Oct 2020, 16:47

by the way, a fairly whopping 74% of voters want the senate to take on covid relief before the supreme court nominee.

mitch and his senate republican slime molds don't care and still will rush thru barrett in a few weeks. but it does show you just how far against the grain they are right now. the public momentum is intense.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 06 Oct 2020, 18:08

kath wrote:and his supporters are SO FUCQUIN STUPID, some of em are on a twitter, proudly cheering on wanna-be dictator trump with things like, "yeahhh, baby, he's having his MUSSOLINI MOMENT, bitches!"

Y'know, he just might yet!
Wikipedia wrote:On 29 April 1945, the bodies of Mussolini, Petacci, and the other executed Fascists were loaded into a van and moved south to Milan. At 3:00 a.m., the corpses were dumped on the ground in the old Piazzale Loreto. The piazza had been renamed "Piazza Quindici Martiri" (Fifteen Martyrs' Square) in honor of fifteen anti-Fascists recently executed there.

After being kicked and spat upon, the bodies were hung upside down from the roof of an Esso gas station. The bodies were then stoned from below by civilians. This was done both to discourage any Fascists from continuing the fight, and as an act of revenge for the hanging of many partisans in the same place by Axis authorities. The corpse of the deposed leader was subject to ridicule and abuse.

(It gets weirder from there.)

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 06 Oct 2020, 18:33

Of course Mussolini was strung up by his knackers from a lamp post...
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 06 Oct 2020, 18:36

"hung upside down from the roof of an Esso gas station," it says here

kath

Postby kath » 06 Oct 2020, 18:47

i know that mussolini stuff. i remember when i saw the photos of all that.

it made me think of the book shogun, when they finally beat the evil ishido. they chained him to a fence. next to it, they hung a lil bitty bamboo saw. that way, passers-by could walk up and saw into him. get their piece of him. slowlllly.

(she gets chills...)

i'd be happy for trump to live out the rest of his sorry days in a cell. but however it goes down, we just need him out. (and we need to retake the senate, so all his slithering enablers lose that power.)

kath

Postby kath » 06 Oct 2020, 18:49

oh, and now the spread is hittin the pentagon.

"All but one member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is now self-quarantining due to exposure at multiple meetings in recent days, including a meeting in Pentagon’s secure meeting space for classified information known as ‘the tank’."

maybe alien ships really will pick this as their moment. sigh.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 06 Oct 2020, 18:58

kath wrote:maybe alien ships really will pick this as their moment. sigh.

You and your wishful thinking!

kath

Postby kath » 06 Oct 2020, 19:01

Charlie O. wrote:
kath wrote:maybe alien ships really will pick this as their moment. sigh.

You and your wishful thinking!

mwhahaha. reminds me of the classic bumper sticker...

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 07 Oct 2020, 00:08

Now Stephen Miller has tested positive.

Phenomenal Cat
death on four legs

Postby Phenomenal Cat » 07 Oct 2020, 00:29

Hey, buuuddyyy

kath wrote:i will make it my mission to nail you.

But somehow when you smile, I can brave bad weather.

kath

Postby kath » 07 Oct 2020, 00:40

couldn't happen to a fouler, more worthless, lil santa monica nazi.

gangrene has more class.

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 07 Oct 2020, 00:49

It occurs to me that if this happened to a Democratic administration, the right would be eating their lunch for putting national security at risk by essentially incapacitating the entire West Wing through their own negligence and, indeed, recklessness. Presumably the principals can still meet by video or conference call, but . . .
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 07 Oct 2020, 03:09

Mike Boom wrote:I loved Jim Acostas comment on the Whitehorse porch carry on “Not so much an Evita moment more a Covita moment .

kath

Postby kath » 07 Oct 2020, 04:30

Charlie O. wrote:
Mike Boom wrote:I loved Jim Acostas comment on the Whitehorse porch carry on “Not so much an Evita moment more a Covita moment .

oh gawd. mwhahahahahaHA

kath

Postby kath » 07 Oct 2020, 05:01

Charlie O. wrote:Now Stephen Miller has tested positive.

guy on twitter:

"Just In: Sources at The White House are now saying that Stephen Miller’s temperature is rapidly rising. Currently at 34°.

Developing."

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 07 Oct 2020, 05:26

:lol:

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 07 Oct 2020, 08:05

Dr. Baron wrote:It occurs to me that if this happened to a Democratic administration, the right would . . .

I imagine something similar has occurred to you a few times over the last 4 years.
Bugger off.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 07 Oct 2020, 11:43

New movie just announced:

The Madness Of King Trump.