The Trumps have tested positive for Covid 19

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Re: The Trumps have tested positive for Covid 19

Postby kath » 04 Oct 2020, 19:39

Dr. Baron wrote:
kath wrote:but i am sure all is rosy and he'll be back home tomorrow.

I’m sure Trump is chomping at the bit to get out of the hospital and back on the hunt for libs. I think he hates hospitals and thinks it makes him look weak. His hubris knows no bounds.

agreed.

but i'm reading stuff about that drug, dexamethasone. not just docs on twitter, but webmd and the like. it *looks* like that drug is used for people in serious lung trouble. as i've said earlier, i've had really bad pneumonia twice, and steroids are part of the routine to help the lungs clear, get less inflammed. this kinda steroid, dexamethasone, is next level.it looks like it's reserved for people in a majorly critical state.

mind ya, they could just be throwing everything they can at him in the need to be preventative, and he aint really that bad. but two experimental antibody thingies and dexamethasone... this rosy bullshit from the start has never been buyable to me, and it just keeps lookin worse. we are not even into the second week yet.

edit: adding this. cuz it's weird, and so am i.

person A: "I was treated with Dexamethasone following brain surgery. It is (as my team told me) a drug that seriously messes with your mind. It is a bad drug. I could not wait to get off it. Unfortunately you have to wean off which takes time. Trump is incapacitated."

person B: "So what happens when you give dexamethasone to an already delusional malignant narcissist who's in charge of an arsenal of nuclear weapons?"

gotta love sunshiney people. ahem.
Last edited by kath on 04 Oct 2020, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.

kath

Postby kath » 04 Oct 2020, 21:49

i'm gonna share this article from the washington post. i had no idea woodrow wilson had contracted the spanish flu and the effects it had on him. (don't know much about historyyyyy. mwhaha. well, i know some about history, but it's very, very old and crusty history.) there are some potential parallels here that are kinda freaky.

in case ya face a firewall, i'll just give the whole thing. written by john barry, a prof at tulane's school of public health, who wrote a book on the spanish flu.

"Once before a president has been infected by a pandemic virus, and the precedent is both similar and concerning.

In March 1919, the Journal of the American Medical Association reported that in Paris “the epidemic of influenza which had declined has broken out anew in a most disquieting manner.” President Woodrow Wilson was there then negotiating the peace treaty to end World War I. Several members of the American delegation got influenza, and, like covid-19, influenza can be transmitted before symptoms appear.

On Thursday, April 3, Wilson suddenly fell ill. White House physician Cary Grayson noted he was seized by “violent paroxysms of coughing, which were so severe and frequent that it interfered with his breathing,” followed by such other symptoms as high fever. Grayson tried to keep the illness secret, but word leaked out that Wilson was sick, and Grayson lied, insisting Wilson simply had a bad cold. Afraid of another leak, Grayson wrote a note to be hand-delivered to Wilson’s chief of staff which said, “That night was one of the worst through which I have ever passed. I was able to control the spasms of coughing but his condition looked very serious.”

Today, as coronavirus cases are beginning to surge again, President Trump has been infected and we have a White House less than forthright about his condition. In fairness, other administrations have also hidden the truth about a president’s health, but more concerning than lack of candor are the potential effects of the virus. Like the 1918 virus, SARS-CoV-2 impacts virtually every organ in the body, including the brain. Most worrisome are cardiovascular and neurological impacts.

For covid-19, cardiovascular complications including stroke are so common that some experts consider this, and not the lung, the primary problem. And according to a study in Annals of Neurology, 25 percent of patients have some neurological dysfunction, and 7 percent have “impaired consciousness.” Another study in Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery found 36.4 percent of patients to have neurological symptoms.

In 1918, it was much the same. Autopsies found the heart muscle itself often “relaxed and flabby, offering a strong contrast to the firm, contracted left ventricle nearly always present in post-mortem in bodies of patients dying from lobar pneumonia.” And the single most comprehensive study of the 1918 pandemic concluded — a conclusion shared by every study — “The effect of the influenza virus on the nervous system is hardly second to its effect on the respiratory tract. … From the delirium accompanying many acute attacks to the psychoses that develop as ‘post-influenzal’ manifestations, there is no doubt that the neuropsychiatric effects of influenza are profound.”

For Wilson, and the world, the effects were indeed profound. He became paranoid, convinced he was being spied on. Said one aide, “Something queer was happening in his mind. One thing was certain: he was never the same after this.” Another worried that “he could not remember without an effort what” had happened just a few hours earlier. Herbert Hoover believed Wilson’s mind lost “resiliency” and its ability to reason clearly “in coming to conclusions.”

Nonetheless, after five days in bed and too ill to go out, Wilson insisted on rejoining the peace negotiations. British and French Prime Ministers David Lloyd George and Georges Clemenceau — whose nickname was “the tiger” — came to his room. They too found a different man. Lloyd George commented on Wilson’s “nervous and spiritual breakdown in the middle of the Conference.”

Nothing in Wilson’s prior history suggests he would compromise on any principle, and before his illness, he had insisted upon “peace without victory” and supporting self-determination around the world.

But over the next few days, he gave way on almost every point to Clemenceau and agreed to a peace deal that punished Germany and preserved other nations’ imperial ambitions. John Maynard Keynes called Wilson “the greatest fraud on earth.” A Wilson aide resigned in a blistering letter, saying, “Our government has consented now to deliver the suffering peoples of the world to new oppressions, subjections, and dismemberments—a new century of war.”

He was right. Historians agree that the treaty contributed significantly to the rise of Adolf Hitler and the start of World War II. A few months later, Wilson’s influenza attack very likely contributed to his debilitating stroke.

Today, the case mortality for a 65 to 74-year-old man — Trump is 74 — is 3.1 percent and somewhat higher for those who required oxygen, as he did, so the odds of recovery are strongly in his favor, especially given his immediate treatment with remdesivir and experimental monoclonal antibodies, and now dexamethesone. But recovery may leave him not only fatigued for an extended time but also with an increased chance of stroke or neurological impacts.

In 1918, Grayson lied. Now more than ever, White House doctors must tell the truth. Their first efforts only sowed confusion. Only complete transparency concerning Trump’s health can cure this problem."

just puttin this out there.

as for his final comment, we all know there is zero chance the white house docs will tell the full truth.

kath

Postby kath » 04 Oct 2020, 22:44

okay, sick sick sick.

trump just made a motorcade drive him around for a few minutes in front of his adoring fans gathered outside walter reed (i think the head of the proud boys is out there) so he could wave at em from inside his car... putting all of the security detail, everyone, at risk.

can he just fucque off the edge of the planet now? hmmm?

Phenomenal Cat
death on four legs

Postby Phenomenal Cat » 04 Oct 2020, 23:58

kath wrote:i will make it my mission to nail you.

But somehow when you smile, I can brave bad weather.

kath

Postby kath » 05 Oct 2020, 05:15

Phenomenal Cat wrote:Image

this doc you posted... chief of disaster medicine at GWU emergency medicine and attending physician at walter reed... also pointed out that the presidential SUV is not only bullet-proof but hermetically sealed against chemical attack.

hermetically sealed. a sealed petri dish. a sealed hotbox.

grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

for a needy narcissistic, zee-level publicity stunt for the proud boys and qanon freaks outside the hospital. that's how pathologically fucqued up trump is. this aint sittin well with folk. no, it aint.

a forrmer secret service agent who served on the presidential protection detail for two presidents:

personally, i like this NYC ER doc's questions for trump's medical team:

1. When was last negative test?
2. What labs were abnormal?
3. Does he have COVID pneumonia?
4. Is he on antibiotics?
5. Mental status exam results?
6. Fever? If not, what antipyretic is he on and how often?
7. Did you sign off on the joyride?

they need to be nailed on this. NAILED.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 05 Oct 2020, 05:21

From a WaPo article the other day:

Secret Service agents expressed their anger and frustration to colleagues and friends Friday, saying that the president’s actions have repeatedly put them at risk. “He’s never cared about us,” one agent told a confidant, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the internal reaction.

Former Secret Service agents said it was unheard of for agents to openly complain about their president but that some currently in the ranks had become convinced during the pandemic that Trump was willing to put his protectors in harm’s way.

Agents who work in field offices around the country complained that since late August, they are no longer being tested when they return home from working at a rally for the president.

“This administration doesn’t care about the Secret Service,” one current agent relayed in an internal discussion group. “It’s so obvious.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-seemed-to-defy-the-laws-of-science-and-disease-then-the-coronavirus-caught-up-with-him/2020/10/02/5b4c5232-04bf-11eb-897d-3a6201d6643f_story.html

kath

Postby kath » 05 Oct 2020, 05:44

Charlie O. wrote:From a WaPo article the other day:

Secret Service agents expressed their anger and frustration to colleagues and friends Friday, saying that the president’s actions have repeatedly put them at risk. “He’s never cared about us,” one agent told a confidant, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the internal reaction.

Former Secret Service agents said it was unheard of for agents to openly complain about their president but that some currently in the ranks had become convinced during the pandemic that Trump was willing to put his protectors in harm’s way.

Agents who work in field offices around the country complained that since late August, they are no longer being tested when they return home from working at a rally for the president.

“This administration doesn’t care about the Secret Service,” one current agent relayed in an internal discussion group. “It’s so obvious.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-seemed-to-defy-the-laws-of-science-and-disease-then-the-coronavirus-caught-up-with-him/2020/10/02/5b4c5232-04bf-11eb-897d-3a6201d6643f_story.html

yep.

i said somewhere else that i truly believe trump has lost most of the military, an incredible thing considering how conservative the military is as a general rule (i was a navy wife for years)... but there is one bright spot in all of this:

watch what happens if he expects the secret service to perform sacrificial back flips for his ass if he loses the election and tries some illegal violent shit.

people think i'm nuts when i say sumthin like this, but i have zero doubt the forces responsible have a contingency plan in place if trump goes crazy enough to try to use his nuclear football.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 05 Oct 2020, 05:47

kath wrote:... but there is one bright spot in all of this:

watch what happens if he expects the secret service to perform sacrificial back flips for his ass if he loses the election and tries some illegal violent shit.

people think i'm nuts when i say sumthin like this, but i have zero doubt the forces responsible have a contingency plan in place if trump goes crazy enough to try to use his nuclear football.

If you're nuts, then I'm nuts, because I had the same thought.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 05 Oct 2020, 10:04

Looks like we're all nuts.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 05 Oct 2020, 10:29

soundchaser wrote:

Looks like we're all nuts.

Sounds like a nasty case of Trumpid virus (Trumpustupidicus) to give it its proper Latin name.)

While often overlooked because of its more famous cousin, Coronavirus, this sickness is potentially far, far deadlier.

Happily, adults in the US can stop the virus from spreading any further by simple act of putting an X on a ballot paper
on Tues Nov 3

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 05 Oct 2020, 10:48

They better bloody had.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 05 Oct 2020, 14:37

kath wrote:
Dr. Baron wrote:
kath wrote:but i am sure all is rosy and he'll be back home tomorrow.

I’m sure Trump is chomping at the bit to get out of the hospital and back on the hunt for libs. I think he hates hospitals and thinks it makes him look weak. His hubris knows no bounds.

agreed.

but i'm reading stuff about that drug, dexamethasone. not just docs on twitter, but webmd and the like. it *looks* like that drug is used for people in serious lung trouble. as i've said earlier, i've had really bad pneumonia twice, and steroids are part of the routine to help the lungs clear, get less inflammed. this kinda steroid, dexamethasone, is next level.it looks like it's reserved for people in a majorly critical state.

mind ya, they could just be throwing everything they can at him in the need to be preventative, and he aint really that bad. but two experimental antibody thingies and dexamethasone... this rosy bullshit from the start has never been buyable to me, and it just keeps lookin worse. we are not even into the second week yet.

edit: adding this. cuz it's weird, and so am i.

person A: "I was treated with Dexamethasone following brain surgery. It is (as my team told me) a drug that seriously messes with your mind. It is a bad drug. I could not wait to get off it. Unfortunately you have to wean off which takes time. Trump is incapacitated."

person B: "So what happens when you give dexamethasone to an already delusional malignant narcissist who's in charge of an arsenal of nuclear weapons?"

gotta love sunshiney people. ahem.

Dexamethasone has a host of uses. This is from the British National Formulary, a hard copy is usually on every doctors desk

https://bnf.nice.org.uk/drug/dexamethasone.html
Last edited by Samoan on 05 Oct 2020, 15:09, edited 1 time in total.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Minnie the Minx wrote: I do wonder where everyone is getting very small cardigans from.

kath

Postby kath » 05 Oct 2020, 15:08

Samoan wrote:Dexamethasone has a host of uses -

https://bnf.nice.org.uk/drug/dexamethasone.html

alas, i cannot access the link. it says i hafta be in the UK. i wish i were in the UK. sniffle.

anyway, yes, it has a host of uses. as a steroid, it has anti-inflammatory effects for many conditions, on many parts of the body.

it is also used for the same effects on the lungs for covid patients, and as trump is a covid patient, i think that context is pretty clear here.

from the world health org:

"Dexamethasone is a corticosteroid used in a wide range of conditions for its anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressant effects.

It was tested in hospitalized patients with COVID-19 in the United Kingdom’s national clinical trial RECOVERY and was found to have benefits for critically ill patients.

According to preliminary findings shared with WHO (and now available as a preprint), for patients on ventilators, the treatment was shown to reduce mortality by about one third, and for patients requiring only oxygen, mortality was cut by about one fifth."

we already know that trump has required oxygen at least once.

the problem here (as is the case with other steroid treatments): they reduce a person's immune response. immunosuppressant. so the usual recommendation with covid cases is *not* to use it for mild cases, where leaving the patient open to less immunity could lead to a much worse situation. the rec is to use it for serious cases, when the benefits outweigh the risks. if someone is in serious lung trouble, that's the risk that needs to be addressed first and foremost.

... which makes it very strange if trump is getting it. i think i said it somewhere upthread, but i think it means

(a) trump is in worse lung shape than he is letting on. the NYC ER doc i quoted somewhere above thinks reporters should ask the walter reed med team directly if trump has covid pneumonia. (it was realllly weird when dr. bullcrap said trump's chest CT scan was "expected." he didn't say "normal." he said "expected." i find that verrry suspect.)

or

(b) they're throwing everything they can think of at trump to try to prevent whatever they can. trump may be demanding that. i definitely think he's demanding to be released today. if they actually release trump this afternoon, i would call that criminal malpractice, but hey, they're clearly ass-kissers. ass-kissers gotta kiss ass.

but if trump really IS a mild case, and they give him dexa, they could actually make his situation worse (lessened immunity.) let's go for malpractice allll around and this beautiful lounge suite, bob!

as ever, we will just hafta see.
Last edited by kath on 05 Oct 2020, 15:17, edited 1 time in total.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 05 Oct 2020, 15:11

Oh sorry about that. It's wonderfully informative and useful.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Minnie the Minx wrote: I do wonder where everyone is getting very small cardigans from.

kath

Postby kath » 05 Oct 2020, 15:13

Samoan wrote:Oh sorry about that. It's wonderfully informative and useful.

thanks for tryin anyway. it happens.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 05 Oct 2020, 17:08

Thanks for today’s news updates Kath. Much appreciated, as always :D.

kath

Postby kath » 05 Oct 2020, 18:13

soundchaser wrote:Thanks for today’s news updates Kath. Much appreciated, as always :D.

yer welcome.

the big deal is waiting to see if trump bulldozes his way into getting released today. in HIS delusional head, he's gonna fix all this, fix his cratering campaign and be back to his rally schedule at his 100% trumpiest. he does not give a damn who he infects. but he is also delusional and a malignant narcissist. if he was 100% today, his campaign would stlll likely be fucqued. just my opinion. after that disaster of a debate, biden jumped up in an NBC/WSJ poll to 14 points ahead.

his whole strategy has been to deny covid and frantically change the topic to sumthin else. kinnnnda sorrrrta not workin right now. mwhaha.

and remember those seniors that trump and minions were so very willing to throw under the bus so the economy could re-open? "ohhh, only old people get covid, and they're old, and we need to open up the economy! herd immunity! some folk will die through the disease but it's good for everybody!"

well, those seniors are absolutely staging a revolt in the polls. i don't have the exact source at hand, i can find it later, but it's like a 52 point jump for biden among seniors. florida's gonna be very interesting this year, what with so many seniors.

no, none of this is an assurance. usual disclaimer. there is much fucquery and we all need to get out and vote. but there are some very good signs, all the same.

meanwhile, his spokesbitch and propoganda barbie, kayleigh mcenany has tested positive. she refused to quarantine after hope hicks and trump both got it, and she was maskless with WH reporters yesterday.

these people are all the same.

meanwhile, bill barr, the evil white-christian-nobles-should-rule-thy-world attorney general, has decided to quarantine himself after he intially refused to.

it's the sick plot that keeps sickening.

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 05 Oct 2020, 18:17

Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

kath

Postby kath » 05 Oct 2020, 18:22

ugh. why are they ALL like this? it's as though trump either directly hired, surrounded himself with, or lured towards himself like a magnet every sick, sociopathic, stupid, lying fucquer in america. they are all like him.

did ya see the comment of the guy right below the clip?

"That video aged like a cup of yogurt hidden under the seat of a car all summer."

heh

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 05 Oct 2020, 19:31

kath wrote:

ugh. why are they ALL like this? it's as though trump either directly hired, surrounded himself with, or lured towards himself like a magnet every sick, sociopathic, stupid, lying fucquer in america. they are all like him.

did ya see the comment of the guy right below the clip?

"That video aged like a cup of yogurt hidden under the seat of a car all summer."

heh

He sure drained the swamp...and tipped it all over The White House.

Shit stinks wherever. But especially there in Covid central right now.