The Trumps have tested positive for Covid 19

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Sam Stone

The Trumps have tested positive for Covid 19

Postby Sam Stone » 02 Oct 2020, 06:16

Front page story in this morning’s Guardian online.

Can’t cut and paste link on iPad but it’s there.

Anyone seen this story anywhere else?

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: The Trumps have tested positive for Covid 19

Postby toomanyhatz » 02 Oct 2020, 06:20

Hydrocloriquine didn’t work, huh?

Thoughts and prayers.
Jimbo wrote:I need you to back up this claim.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2021?

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 02 Oct 2020, 06:22

Sam Stone wrote:Front page story in this morning’s Guardian online.

Can’t cut and paste link on iPad but it’s there.

Anyone seen this story anywhere else?

Yes Washington Post.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 02 Oct 2020, 06:32

It’s a horribly cynical thing to say (but then DT is a horribly cynical individual), but one can’t help but wonder whether Orangey would pull a stunt like this to try and give himself a bump in the polls.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 02 Oct 2020, 06:53

Sam Stone wrote:It’s a horribly cynical thing to say (but then DT is a horribly cynical individual), but one can’t help but wonder whether Orangey would pull a stunt like this to try and give himself a bump in the polls.

You mean to say it might be a HOAX?

(Sorry. I wouldn't wish this disease on anyone - not even this demon.)

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 02 Oct 2020, 07:05

Charlie O. wrote:
Sam Stone wrote:It’s a horribly cynical thing to say (but then DT is a horribly cynical individual), but one can’t help but wonder whether Orangey would pull a stunt like this to try and give himself a bump in the polls.

Neither would I, but Trump seems to be capable of anything.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 02 Oct 2020, 07:18

No, I very much agree.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 02 Oct 2020, 07:30

He only has himself to blame. Stupid man.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 02 Oct 2020, 07:53

The important thing is to remember that it will not change who he is or how much concern he has for you, me, or anyone else, which is to say none. Not one iota. This will not magically give him the gift of compassion.

He needs to work out his daddy issues somewhere where millions of lives aren't at stake. Fuck him. And vote him out. Covid or no Covid I just want him gone. Whatever moves us closer to that more quickly is for the good of humanity either way.
Jimbo wrote:I need you to back up this claim.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2021?

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 02 Oct 2020, 08:32

Charlie O. wrote:

I don't think it's cynical - with him it would be negligent not to consider it as being just as likely as him having it. Particularly given the tone of his communication of the diagnosis - almost brushing it off (compared to eg BJ where there was a very different tone when it was announced).
Also a way of getting out of debates where he can't control the structure.
I would absolutely wish the worst version of this disease upon him. He has repeatedly earned it.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 02 Oct 2020, 08:52

Charlie O. wrote:

I would.

Fucking ace!

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 02 Oct 2020, 09:25

I think it's a hoax and the nastiest, most wicked lie possible.

It's a slap in the face to all those who Do have it and to those who have died.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Minnie the Minx wrote: I do wonder where everyone is getting very small cardigans from.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 02 Oct 2020, 09:28

At the same time - he's spent most of this year assuring his devotees that the disease is no big deal, that it's just going to magically disappear, that it's easy to treat... To tell them now that he has it when he doesn't really seems like a big risk, even for him.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 02 Oct 2020, 09:33

Charlie O. wrote:At the same time - he's spent most of this year assuring his devotees that the disease is no big deal, that it's just going to magically disappear, that it's easy to treat... To tell them now that he has it when he doesn't really seems like a big risk, even for him.

I don't think so - i think most of his supporters, except for some on the extreme end, do accept it exists but that it is indeed harmless and/or overplayed by the wicked media. By brushing this off he is playing completely into that narrative (like Bolsonaro) - while also implying that he is stronger than Biden (who of course may also have contracted the disease if all this really is real).
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 02 Oct 2020, 10:15

toomanyhatz wrote:The important thing is to remember that it will not change who he is or how much concern he has for you, me, or anyone else, which is to say none. Not one iota. This will not magically give him the gift of compassion.

He needs to work out his daddy issues somewhere where millions of lives aren't at stake. Fuck him. And vote him out. Covid or no Covid I just want him gone. Whatever moves us closer to that more quickly is for the good of humanity either way.

the right answer.

yeah, people, it is possible it's a hoax. after all, he is the ultimate coward, and he could very well be lookin for an out from not only debates but gettin cremated in the race. all he cares about is himself. at the core. it would be typical trump to use as an excuse an easy out on a topic that has caused suffering for millions. he is the biggest hoax of all. of course, he could use it.

is it possible he has been desperate for some time and he just wants to throw the checkerboard in the air and take his chances that it'll help him somehow? (the moron.) sure.

is it possible what he really wants is for pence to take over, so pence can then pardon him? sure.

BUT i don't think it is hoax... yet. they are all flaming arrogant morons. hope hicks apparently got it first. they all travel everywhere together, maskless. they all might have it. hell, amy coney barrett might have it.

we need to watch very carefully how seriously they all take this.
that is the tell.

right now? why i personally don't think it's a hoax:

1. pelosi is being warned to quarantine in case both trump and pence have covid. think about THAT for a minute.

2. trump was already blaming the military and law enforcement for hope hicks gettin it. classic, stupid trump maneuver, but always telling.

i don't think he's gonna get any sympathy bump in the polls myself. if anything, the opposite. but that might very well be what he wants. he's a fucquin toddler.

all along, he has been THE exhibit A for someone likely to get hit hard by covid. he has rampantly denied and deliberately lied about all of it. he doesn't even acknowledge that he, himself, is old. he is so delusional, he often says at rallies that he is young, handsome, he'll have another oh 16 years in the white house, others are old, his minion doc says he could live 200 years... all that crazy narcissistic crap. he has mocked biden repeatedly for wearing a mask. there is a level of delusion hard to express. he would let a million die... millions... just to protect his fragile lil inner shell from facing reality. he has let over 200,000 die, and he will not, not ever, sprout a clue about it.

i don't wish pain and death on anyone. i don't. i know just what it's like. but he needs to be out of the white house. period. as hatz says, "whatever moves us closer to that more quickly is for the good of humanity." (my sister is not at all sparing. she's been wanting him to drop dead on the spot forever. to be fair, she does want that for the sake of humanity, but she simply does not care if he gets hewn into tiny pieces and then becomes chum for all the deaths and misery he is responsible for.)

there is no way to tell how this will all play out yet. we just hafta wait and see (while still making sure to VOTE.)

but whether it's a hoax or not is not really the ultimate point. we just need him out. any port in a storm...

oh, and everyone needs to chill and calm down, for fucque's sake. people are freaking out all over creation. my own fave twitter comment:

"BREAKING: EVERYTHING"

mwhahahaaa.

kath

Postby kath » 02 Oct 2020, 10:20

Geezee wrote:
Charlie O. wrote:

I don't think it's cynical - with him it would be negligent not to consider it as being just as likely as him having it. Particularly given the tone of his communication of the diagnosis - almost brushing it off (compared to eg BJ where there was a very different tone when it was announced).
Also a way of getting out of debates where he can't control the structure.
I would absolutely wish the worst version of this disease upon him. He has repeatedly earned it.

wait a minute... are you talking about gleaning brush-offy tone, geezee? mwhahaha.

neverrrrr mind.

kath

Postby kath » 02 Oct 2020, 10:21

Charlie O. wrote:At the same time - he's spent most of this year assuring his devotees that the disease is no big deal, that it's just going to magically disappear, that it's easy to treat... To tell them now that he has it when he doesn't really seems like a big risk, even for him.

ya know, you have a point.

but he IS a fucquin toddler after all. what he considers a "risk" is very, very different from what normal humans would see as a risk.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 02 Oct 2020, 10:48

I’ll believe it’s not a hoax when the BBC tells me he’s seriously ill. Otherwise:

1) A car crash debate.

2) He tries to reel in the disaster by now condemning Proud Boys and other extremist groups.

3) A perfect opportunity to cancel his further debate appearances.

4) He hides out in The White House and magically gets better before the vote.

Then I’ll know it’s I hoax. But, we’ll see. He may be telling the truth. Which would be a first.
Last edited by soundchaser on 02 Oct 2020, 12:02, edited 1 time in total.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 02 Oct 2020, 11:10

The other interesting thing is what happens if Trump "agrees" - or is forced by COVID - to drop out of the race.

Does anyone here think for a moment that Biden or Pence/AN Other Republican will - to coin a phrase - want to "drain the swamp" by arresting, trying and locking Trump up?

I can't see that happening for the same reason that Ford didn't prosecute Nixon.

To do so would be to widen what are already worryingly seismic rifts in US society.

While Ford was eviscerated for not throwing the (law) book at Nixon 40-odd years ago, history has taken a far more favourable view of his decision not to do so.

kath

Postby kath » 02 Oct 2020, 11:46

um... his rallies for this week are still on the schedule, right? he hasn't cancelled.

so, four possibilities:

1. he is entirely full of shit and he has no covid.

2. he has covid, but he just doesn't care. he will have his adoring fans and his narcissistic supply after an abysmal week, and true to form, to hell with whoever he infects along the way or how much of a super-spreader these events are. (there is news out now that the only reason he admitted he had covid was becuz reporters were about to break the story, which would indicate non-hoax.)

3. he is in complete denial about it. he thinks he's gonna live to 200, after all.

and/or

4. he is so stupid, he doesn't know what the word quarantine really means. (he's had significant issyews with the meanings of the words vaccine and virus, for example.)