Anyone watching the debate tonight?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Charlie O.

Re: Anyone watching the debate tonight?

Postby Charlie O. » 15 Oct 2020, 22:04

kath wrote:noel casler, a comedian who worked intimately as a production assistant with the trumps for years on celebrity apprentice (and talks at length about trump's drug probs, his adult diapers even then, etc.) said this:

"I may be wrong but this may be the first time NBC has had a rapist on at 8pm Thursday since Cosby."

Oooooohhh!

In other "Typical Trump" news, he actually put NBC down at his rally. You know, the network that agreed to put him on opposite Biden?

“So you know I’m being set up tonight, right?” Trump told the crowd, even though his campaign agreed to participate in the town hall. “So, I’m doing this town hall with Concast — C-O-N, right? Con, because it’s a con job. … So, I’m doing it, and it’s NBC. The worst.” (Comcast is NBC’s parent company.)

Trump called NBC’s town hall with Biden earlier this month “a joke” and accused the network, without evidence, of not treating both candidates fairly. He then said he was eager to participate in the event, describing it as a “free” opportunity for him to reach more voters.

“So, they asked me if I’d do it and I figured, what the hell — we get a free hour on television,” Trump said.

He also took aim at host Savannah Guthrie, telling the crowd: “And we have Savannah Guthrie. She’s always lovely, isn’t she? But I figure, why not?”

“So, I’ll see you later on NBC,” he added. “I look forward to it.”

I'm hoping for "technical difficulties."

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 15 Oct 2020, 22:16

Charlie O. wrote:
kath wrote:noel casler, a comedian who worked intimately as a production assistant with the trumps for years on celebrity apprentice (and talks at length about trump's drug probs, his adult diapers even then, etc.) said this:

"I may be wrong but this may be the first time NBC has had a rapist on at 8pm Thursday since Cosby."

Oooooohhh!

In other "Typical Trump" news, he actually put NBC down at his rally the other night. You know, the network that agreed to put him on opposite Biden?

“So you know I’m being set up tonight, right?” Trump told the crowd, even though his campaign agreed to participate in the town hall. “So, I’m doing this town hall with Concast — C-O-N, right? Con, because it’s a con job. … So, I’m doing it, and it’s NBC. The worst.” (Comcast is NBC’s parent company.)

Trump called NBC’s town hall with Biden earlier this month “a joke” and accused the network, without evidence, of not treating both candidates fairly. He then said he was eager to participate in the event, describing it as a “free” opportunity for him to reach more voters.

“So, they asked me if I’d do it and I figured, what the hell — we get a free hour on television,” Trump said.

He also took aim at host Savannah Guthrie, telling the crowd: “And we have Savannah Guthrie. She’s always lovely, isn’t she? But I figure, why not?”

“So, I’ll see you later on NBC,” he added. “I look forward to it.”

I'm hoping for "technical difficulties."

he is just barking.

he goes to florida, and insults the crowd for watching the news about an impending storm that might hit florida with some crazy crap like, "how can you be watching that when you should be watching me on whatever talkin about my nobel peace prize bitchery?" (a paraphrase, but the gist.)

then in iowa, he did the same damn thing, about storms and flooding maybe hittin iowa, and why they weren't watchin him on the nobel, etc.

in pennsylvania, he was begging suburban woman to like him, in the same breath saying sumthin like,"but i'm not gonna be nice to you though, i don't have time to be nice." (he also has said at multiple rallies, "if you people don't vote for me, i am never coming here again.")

he is like some kinda abusive spouse. he cannot help hurling out whines/bullying/abuse in the same breath.

it's sick, creepy, fucqued up, guano-brained and stupid, all at the same time. his MAGAt fans may lap up that shit, but... really.

i will not be watching trump's town hall tonight. (i doubt i will be able to catch biden's, either.) best of luck to any of y'all who do. mwhahaha. cheers.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 16 Oct 2020, 06:56

Moderator Guthrie to Trump last night....

"I don't get that.... You're the President, not somebody's crazy uncle."

Ooooof!

kath

Postby kath » 16 Oct 2020, 08:13

Lord Rother wrote:Moderator Guthrie to Trump last night....

"I don't get that.... You're the President, not somebody's crazy uncle."

Ooooof!

oof.

love this twitter response to the above:

"Need to take issue with @SavannahGuthrie for saying to trump “it’s not like you’re someone’s crazy uncle. @MaryLTrump rebuttal?"

mary trump: "Actually..."

mwhaha.

i've only seen some clips and read what he said online, but it's pretty clear savannah guthrie did a good job, fact-checked trump in real time and got him all flustered and pissed off. not that that's hard to do. he was abysmal in his last town hall, so no surprise he was the same for this one.

the big giveaway? his frothy minions and fox news types are all bitchin that savannah guthrie was an angry liberal hack, attacking him and being mean to poor widdle our leader, it was all an ambush and a set-up. yeah.

some things trump said:

85% of people who wear masks get covid. (this is just a horrific thing to say. he is so intent on lying to cover his complete disaster of a covid response, he comes out with this crazy bullshit in his opposite-world that will only get more people killed. but as we all know, he just does not give a shit.)

there is a cure for covid. (er... no.)

dem governors who put in place safety measures for covid are just against him. (paranoid lil fucquin toddler. not surprisingly, his admin just rejected emergency aid to california for six wildfires. why? cuz trump hates california, of course.)

yeah, he owes over 400 million, he'll get back to savannah guthrie on where he owes the money. (suuuure, he will.)

he refuses to denounce qanon, says it's good they're against pedophilia. (no different from the whole proud boys thing. all you need to do is support him, and it doesn't matter, it's all narcissistic ego. he would be just as good with serial-killers-for-trump.)

he admitted he had covid pneumonia. (moron.)

as usual, pupils the size of car tires, lit outta his feeble brain.

meanwhile, biden apparently did very well. calmly answered everybody's questions. trump split his in an hour. biden stayed for almost double that, still yappin to people.

a trump toadie (mercedes schlapp) came out and angrily accused biden's town hall as being mr. rogers neighborhood. i don't know if that's really gonna go over well with some folk in pennsylvania, mwhahaha, but all of these trump people are just ass-level dumb.

trump is so out of touch with reality and so delusional, he thinks these things are good for him.

fave twitter comment:

"Trump would have been better served by accepting the virtual debate. Suicide bombers have hurt themselves less than this..."

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 20 Oct 2020, 20:05

Diamond Dog wrote:Just looking at the US "Swing/Battleground Sates".... the ten States that were won by less than 4% of the vote last time were..... Rep - Arizona (11 electoral college votes) Florida (29) N Carolina (15) Pennsylvania (20) Michigan (16) Wisconsin (10) ...Dem - Nevada (6), Minnesota (10), New Hampshire (4) Maine (4). That's 101 Rep EC votes by less than 4%, and 24 Dem EC votes most at risk. Interestingly those four Dem States have been held by them at least three times consecutively (Minn 11 times, Maine 7, New Hampshire 4, Nevada 3) whereas only two of the Rep states have been held more than once consecutively (Arizona 5 times, N Carolina twice). The rest only switched at the last election. So assuming the voters that have stuck with the same party more than once consecutively do so again ........ Would it be reasonable to assume that the election may well be decided by the voting in Florida (29 EC votes), Pennsylvania (20), Michigan (16) and Wisconsin (10) ?

So with two weeks to go those four 'key' States above are ALL polling in Biden's favour : Florida 51.1%, Penn 52.7%, Michigan 53.4% and Wisconsin 52.9%.

The two other 'Trump' States I conceded are polling : Arizona 50.9% Biden & N Carolina 50.9% Biden.
The four 'Biden' States I conceded are polling : Nevada 52.7% Biden, Minnesota 53.0% Biden, New Hampshire 54.6% Biden, Maine (two districts) are both Biden at present - one very tight, one heavily in Biden's favour.

The last Election was 304-227 Trump. If Trump could win Florida, Arizona & N Carolina (and they are close) he would then have 258 votes. If Biden gains the rest he would then have...273 votes....
I have put the ignorant, inflammatory bore on ignore.

Six String

Postby Six String » 20 Oct 2020, 21:12

I was thinking of avoiding the debate this week and then I remembered I am doing some dj work (in a lucite protected booth) at my friend’s cider tasting room Thursday so I’ll miss it regardless. Fine with me. Better for my mental and physical health.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 21 Oct 2020, 15:39

Really starting to get worried. A month ago I didn't see a path for Trump. However, in reading between the polls(I've been studying polls for several elections). It now seems Trump will take Penn, FL, GA and NC. Leaving AZ as the lone state in play. In my view the winner of AZ will take the election.
Will see if my feelings change after this last debate.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 21 Oct 2020, 16:26

Hightea wrote:Really starting to get worried. A month ago I didn't see a path for Trump. However, in reading between the polls(I've been studying polls for several elections). It now seems Trump will take Penn, FL, GA and NC. Leaving AZ as the lone state in play. In my view the winner of AZ will take the election.

I fear (and I hope and pray everyone here can gloat that I'm wrong in a few weeks time) that the vagaries of the electoral college mean this is going to be a lot closer than people think.

It'll be even closer if people in the US look at the polls and think Biden's so far out in front we needn't get off our arses to get out and vote.

kath

Postby kath » 21 Oct 2020, 16:30

Hightea wrote:Really starting to get worried. A month ago I didn't see a path for Trump. However, in reading between the polls(I've been studying polls for several elections). It now seems Trump will take Penn, FL, GA and NC. Leaving AZ as the lone state in play. In my view the winner of AZ will take the election.

i've been reading the polls, too. where are you getting any clear indication that trump will definitely take those states?

kath

Postby kath » 21 Oct 2020, 16:36

Sam Stone wrote:

I fear (and I hope and pray everyone here can gloat that I'm wrong in a few weeks time) that the vagaries of the electoral college mean this is going to be a lot closer than people think.

It'll be even closer if people in the US look at the polls and think Biden's so far out in front we needn't get off our arses to get out and vote.

haven't been paying attention to the massive, record-shattering, country-wide voter turnout, have ya? mwhahaha.

look, he could still win. no one should rest easy. everyone needs to keep fighting. and vote.

and yes, i understand being cautious with expectations, we all got so fucquin burned four years ago.

but i think trump is in real trouble, with the electoral college as well.

and if *i* am wrong, as i've said before, no one's gonna ride my ass becuz i'm gonna be the one who's hoarded all the meds and hooch and can openers and silly string for the impending apocalypse.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 21 Oct 2020, 17:07

Just saw something that said if Trump loses he can't be allowed to go abroad because he would pose a massive security risk. They (whoever they are) think he would give away state secrets at the drop of a hat.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 21 Oct 2020, 17:29

Deebank wrote:Just saw something that said if Trump loses he can't be allowed to go abroad because he would pose a massive security risk. They (whoever they are) think he would give away state secrets at the drop of a hat.

That sounds a lot more likely than him getting prosecuted and bunged in chokey

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 21 Oct 2020, 17:49

kath wrote:
Sam Stone wrote:

haven't been paying attention to the massive, record-shattering, country-wide voter turnout, have ya? mwhahaha.

look, he could still win. no one should rest easy. everyone needs to keep fighting. and vote.

and yes, i understand being cautious with expectations, we all got so fucquin burned four years ago.

and if *i* am wrong, as i've said before, no one's gonna ride my ass becuz i'm gonna be the one who's hoarded all the meds and hooch and can openers and silly string for the impending apocalypse.

Kath I know the media is reporting massive turnout but be careful as early voting has been strong on both sides especially in toss up states. The race has tightened in two states that concern me NC and Penn (must haves for tdump). Florida is always a mess but seems to always work out lately for Rep. I'm also concerned with the black and latino men as Trumps numbers in these two groups are up(Fl and AZ). I'm also not liking the fact that Biden is doing the same thing Hillary did in the end basically hide. Biden and Kamela needs to be out somewhere every f*cking day or at least being interviewed on some TV station. This is a major error in Biden he shouldn't be home prepping for the debate, he should be out in the field talking. If he looses this will be a major reason why. Damn I hope I'm wrong maybe Trump will mess up again in debate 3. One wild card could be
Georgia I really think Georgia is in play this year. Only time will tell

C
Robust

Postby C » 21 Oct 2020, 19:19

2am tomorrow in UK....

soundchaser wrote:Very nice indeed [Levitation boxset], C’s mate Ginger Baker tubbing it out with full gusto.

kath

Postby kath » 21 Oct 2020, 19:50

Hightea wrote:
kath wrote:
Sam Stone wrote:

Kath I know the media is reporting massive turnout but be careful as early voting has been strong on both sides especially in toss up states. The race has tightened in two states that concern me NC and Penn (must haves for tdump). Florida is always a mess but seems to always work out lately for Rep. I'm also concerned with the black and latino men as Trumps numbers in these two groups are up(Fl and AZ). I'm also not liking the fact that Biden is doing the same thing Hillary did in the end basically hide. Biden and Kamela needs to be out somewhere every f*cking day or at least being interviewed on some TV station. This is a major error in Biden he shouldn't be home prepping for the debate, he should be out in the field talking. If he looses this will be a major reason why. Damn I hope I'm wrong maybe Trump will mess up again in debate 3. One wild card could be
Georgia I really think Georgia is in play this year. Only time will tell

my internet keeps droppin on me when i am halfway thru a post. it's drivin me crazy.

i'm gonna dig a hole in the front yard, bury my laptop in it, and cover it with halloween decorations.

... then i'll probably dig it out and wait for this drop-patch to get over itself so i can answer this.

some of these races are indeed close. but there is much i wanna say in response to that as a kind of... counterbalance. mwhaha. i think there are many, many things goin on.

upshot: i think ALL these states, not just georgia, are at play.

(quinnipiac this morning has biden up by 8 in penn.)

let's see if i can get this lil post through. more later.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 21 Oct 2020, 20:49

Relax.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 21 Oct 2020, 20:58

And I don’t think the criticism of Biden not flying around the country every day is fair.

Prepping for the debate is VITAL.

Trump isn’t winning anybody new with his rallies. All he’s doing is preaching to a few thousand of his followers.

Getting it right in the debate, in front of 60 million, including the vast majority of the undecideds I’d have thought, is the right path to take. Trump won’t be able to win the debate just repeating all his old nonsense that everybody has heard numerous times before, in 2 minute blasts. It just won’t work. And that’s basically all he’s got.

The format will blunt his “style” and give Biden clear space to get his points across, directly into the camera. That’s just not something Trump can do, especially if he’s not prepping, which of course, he isn’t.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 21 Oct 2020, 21:10

Lord Rother wrote:And I don’t think the criticism of Biden not flying around the country every day is fair.

Trump isn’t winning anybody new with his rallies. All he’s doing is preaching to a few thousand of his followers.

Getting it right in the debate, in front of 60 million, including the vast majority of the undecideds I’d have thought, is the right path to take. Trump won’t be able to win the debate just repeating all his old nonsense that everybody has heard numerous times before, in 2 minute blasts. It just won’t work. And that’s basically all he’s got.

The format will blunt his “style” and give Biden clear space to get his points across, directly into the camera. That’s just not something Trump can do, especially if he’s not prepping, which of course, he isn’t.

Agree absolutely. Biden will still have a good week after the debate to get himself out there.

But this debate is vital to take Trump down.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 21 Oct 2020, 21:12

Lord Rother wrote:And I don’t think the criticism of Biden not flying around the country every day is fair.

LR I hope your right but I'm feeling different right now.

Yes Kath all the toss ups are in play, but I think I'm see a path I didn't see just a few weeks ago and its got e scared. I can't handle 4 more years of this moron let alone a few more months.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 21 Oct 2020, 21:38

C wrote:2am tomorrow in UK....

Friday am