Anyone watching the debate tonight?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Re: Anyone watching the debate tonight?

Postby kath » 08 Oct 2020, 03:39

cheers, everybody. i'm going outside for one or more marlboros.

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 08 Oct 2020, 03:44

Mike “the American people” Pence doesn’t have a human/humane bone in his body. Lying prick.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 08 Oct 2020, 03:54

Stephanopoulos criticized both candidates for not answering the questions they were asked, and I agreed with that assessment. Both tried to shoehorn their talking points in wherever they could, relevant to the question asked or not. No great "zinger" soundbite moments that will get replayed endlessly, though I liked when Kamala sounding like a mother reprimanding a child chided Pence for interrupting her.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

kath

Postby kath » 08 Oct 2020, 04:00

Mike Boom wrote:Mike “the American people” Pence doesn’t have a human/humane bone in his body. Lying prick.

this is basically it.

but he is also just a... lame lyin prick.

this debate won't change anything, with maybe one exception, as i said before: women just aint gonna take pence's comments at all well. and they are already leaning biden.

pence really would have us in the handmaid's tale if he could. so would most of those republicans. and it is most definitely against the grain.

i'm already hearing all this both sides stuff, and i get what pcqgod says, i do... but iiii think she nailed many responses on the ACA, the covid response, the criminal justice system. pence just has nuthin.

but i do agree that this won't change anything and will even out in the wash. er... except for any women watching that crap on abortion.

i think even just the symbolism of karen pence not wearing a mask at the end might be more important than anything that was said.

oh, and let's face it. pence had a fly from hell stuck in his hair. this is important people.

kath

Postby kath » 08 Oct 2020, 04:01

Mike Boom wrote:Mike “the American people” Pence doesn’t have a human/humane bone in his body. Lying prick.

you realize i just drank a shot for that phrase. mwhahahaha

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 08 Oct 2020, 04:12

kath wrote:

you realize i just drank a shot for that phrase. mwhahahaha

L’ Chaim !

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 08 Oct 2020, 04:53

Six String

Postby Six String » 08 Oct 2020, 04:57

Sorry I missed this. I was too busy watching and yelling shit at Pence. What a totally unlikeable piec of shit. I’m a bit hoarse tbh. Nothing said to change any minds I think. We need a marine drill instructor for a moderator. I’m thinking I’ll pass on any more. Itks better for my health to read the reviews afterwards than watch this b.s.

Six String

Postby Six String » 08 Oct 2020, 05:00

Charlie O. wrote:

Beautiful. Thanks Pete!

kath

Postby kath » 08 Oct 2020, 12:11

kath wrote:this debate won't change anything, with maybe one exception, as i said before: women just aint gonna take pence's comments at all well. and they are already leaning biden.

annnnnd the numbers from CNN:

that person on the left? apparently the CNN anchor for this? i might need to slap him, too.

kath

Postby kath » 08 Oct 2020, 12:15

Six String wrote:Sorry I missed this. I was too busy watching and yelling shit at Pence. What a totally unlikeable piec of shit. I’m a bit hoarse tbh. Nothing said to change any minds I think. We need a marine drill instructor for a moderator. I’m thinking I’ll pass on any more. Itks better for my health to read the reviews afterwards than watch this b.s.

i doubt we will have a next debate. biden's camp is insisting that trump clear a covid test this time. trump came too late to take it at the last debate, likely already had it and refused to warn anyone for their safety. i think biden is exactly right.

so... who here thinks trump will agree to a test?

but the next debate is a world away anyway. it's already been a year since last night.

kath

Postby kath » 08 Oct 2020, 12:16

Six String wrote:
Charlie O. wrote:

Beautiful. Thanks Pete!

yep. those fox news types are in their own bubble world, just like trump.

p.s. current fave twitter comment:

"Update: The fly has just checked into Walter Reed."

kath

Postby kath » 08 Oct 2020, 12:42

kath wrote:
Six String wrote:Sorry I missed this. I was too busy watching and yelling shit at Pence. What a totally unlikeable piec of shit. I’m a bit hoarse tbh. Nothing said to change any minds I think. We need a marine drill instructor for a moderator. I’m thinking I’ll pass on any more. Itks better for my health to read the reviews afterwards than watch this b.s.

i doubt we will have a next debate. biden's camp is insisting that trump clear a covid test this time. trump came too late to take it at the last debate, likely already had it and refused to warn anyone for their safety. i think biden is exactly right.

so... who here thinks trump will agree to a test?

but the next debate is a world away anyway. it's already been a year since last night.

wait... just found out that the debate commission has said the next presidential debate will be virtual.

"Commission announces that 2nd presidential debate, a town hall, will have candidates participating from separate remote locations.

Town meeting participants and moderator @SteveScully will be at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County."

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 08 Oct 2020, 13:41

Predictably, Trump has refused to take part

kath

Postby kath » 08 Oct 2020, 14:06

Sam Stone wrote:Predictably, Trump has refused to take part

yep. oh so very.

all his mouthings about wantin to do a second debate were just that: bullshit.

he got cremated in the debate with biden. he was gonna use any excuse to take his lil shroom-souled coward's way out and try to paint it as some kinda principled, outraged stand. and all his minions will be singing his praises for it. project, gaslight, deflect, lie thru their teeth. rabid rats. rotting with the trump ship.

i mean, trump's fave poll, the one he loves to quote that almost always skews in his favor, ramussen, has biden up 12 points.

kath

Postby kath » 08 Oct 2020, 21:06

oh this is fantastic.

"JUST IN: With Donald Trump backing out of the next presidential debate, ABC News will host a town hall with Joe Biden moderated by George Stephanopoulos on the same night the debate was originally scheduled, October 15th."

trump, the lily-livered nincowpoop, just gave the time over to biden completely. fucquin maROON.

p.s. new fave twitter comment:

"Guys, I’m pretty sure if we tell Trump he is gonna be the Grand Marshall of the best boat parade ever, we can just sail him off somewhere."

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 08 Oct 2020, 22:46

Trump is like Murray Wilson when Brian arranged for him to have a mixing desk that wasn’t wired up.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 09 Oct 2020, 08:16

soundchaser wrote:

Trump is like Murray Wilson when Brian arranged for him to have a mixing desk that wasn’t wired up.

Be nice if someone wired up Trump's mixing desk to the mains

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 09 Oct 2020, 09:29

Sam Stone wrote:
soundchaser wrote:Trump is like Murray Wilson when Brian arranged for him to have a mixing desk that wasn’t wired up.

He'd somehow manage to burn the house down and emerge unscathed.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 09 Oct 2020, 11:13

Charlie O. wrote:
Sam Stone wrote:
soundchaser wrote:Trump is like Murray Wilson when Brian arranged for him to have a mixing desk that wasn’t wired up.

He'd somehow manage to burn the house down and emerge unscathed.

Doh!