The all new Preludin gossip thread

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
jimboo

Re: The all new Preludin gossip thread

Postby jimboo » 16 Sep 2020, 16:16

Jesus. I have to self isolate for two weeks after holidaying abroad and I think to myself shall I see what me old muckers are up to on their respective forums.
WOW!
For what it's worth you all had a place and a stance in which healthy intelligent debate was a given. I loved the banter , didn't mind the puffed up egos and spats, didn't even feel the need to use cryptic word games on "special" threads.
What happened to you lot?
There really is zero difference between BCB and Preludin. Between the pair there is whit , intelligence and some great writing.
It's like Shakespeare developing a habit while embracing county lines culture who now feels the need to post drill music style missives.
Oh boy.
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 16 Sep 2020, 16:27

Purgatory Brite wrote:The all new Preludin gossip thread

Give a shit or be a shit.

Purgatory Brite

Postby Purgatory Brite » 16 Sep 2020, 16:29

Darkness_Fish wrote:I think you're all rotters.

True, very true.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 16 Sep 2020, 23:31

Jeez, all these long-held grudges, the name-calling and relentless in-fighting.... it’s such a downer.

Everyone should just grow up and find a way to forgive, forget and move on. Life is too short for all this shit.

Although it will have little or no impact on anyone else, it pains ME a little to say that finally I think I’m about done with this place.

:(

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 Sep 2020, 05:57

Purgatory Brite wrote:The time is certainly right to start this off. Can we reach 50 pages as they have?

I was curious to see that both John Coan and Rayge were members of MENSA at one stage. Perhaps this explains their generally smug and condescending attitudes? Clearly they are so much cleverer than everybody else.

Grow up you tiresome twat.

That is all.
I have put the ignorant, inflammatory bore on ignore.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 17 Sep 2020, 06:45

Lord Rother wrote:Jeez, all these long-held grudges, the name-calling and relentless in-fighting.... it’s such a downer.

Everyone should just grow up and find a way to forgive, forget and move on. Life is too short for all this shit.

Although it will have little or no impact on anyone else, it pains ME a little to say that finally I think I’m about done with this place.

maybe we should revisit what one would call a downer in this world? mwhahaha. ::smack::

for my part, and just speaking for myself of course: if you think i've spent however many years on this board pullin my punches when confronted with a lil widdle fungal dickless piece of shit who disses someone who has spent his time tryin to help me thru tough patches on the fucquin phone.... an alleged human who insults the memory of my man and fave person... well, we do whatever we must. you know where to find me on facebook.

a shame if ya feel that way.

a real shame.

cheers.

John aka Josh

Postby John aka Josh » 17 Sep 2020, 20:27

Lord Rother wrote:Jeez, all these long-held grudges, the name-calling and relentless in-fighting.... it’s such a downer.

Hope you don't go, enjoy seeing what you post on the Reap Corner thread even if most of the bands are entirely new to me. Am always impressed by the number of new bands you investigate.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 18 Sep 2020, 10:56

For what it's worth, I have some issues with some Preludin related stuff that has happened but I like Coan a lot. He's a cunt sometimes but so am I and so are a lot of my favourite people. In fact, that's one of the things I like about these people.

The people who prefer Preludin have what they want and the people who prefer to stay here have what they want. (Plus Jimbo, unfortunately, but you can't have everything.)

And as far as I'm concerned, that's all there is to it.
Bugger off.

Johnny Fartpants

Postby Johnny Fartpants » 18 Sep 2020, 17:57

Rorschach wrote:He's a cunt sometimes but so am I and so are a lot of my favourite people. In fact, that's one of the things I like about these people.

Thanks! Big nose. ;)
Beebsy wrote:Oh I see... you heard I came back and thought you'd steal my thunder, eh? Fuck off.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 19 Sep 2020, 10:47

What a coterie of self important pricks exists there. :)
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Purgatory Brite

Postby Purgatory Brite » 07 Feb 2021, 10:09

It brings glee to my cold black heart to see solarskope whining about the locking and deletion of his postings. Clearly the other place is not the paradigm of freedom of speech and musical taste it is claimed to be.

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 07 Feb 2021, 11:35

Purgatory Brite wrote:It brings glee to my cold black heart to see solarskope whining about the locking and deletion of his postings. Clearly the other place is not the paradigm of freedom of speech and musical taste it is claimed to be.

And ?
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 07 Feb 2021, 11:55

Purgatory Brite wrote:It brings glee to my cold black heart to see solarskope whining about the locking and deletion of his postings. Clearly the other place is not the paradigm of freedom of speech and musical taste it is claimed to be.

skope has never been banned, none of his posts have ever been deleted. Martyrdom is a game he likes to play, and he is largely indulged because we, the admins, have warm beating hearts full of love.
But glad to hear you have found some fun in these awful times.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

OUTPLAY
hounds people off the board

Postby OUTPLAY » 07 Feb 2021, 12:05

Free speech? I think that's BCB you're talking about.

We ban people before they get a chance to dribble over our nice clean board.
Matt Wilson wrote:gobble gobble gobble

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 07 Feb 2021, 13:13

OUTPLAY wrote:

Free speech? I think that's BCB you're talking about.

We ban people before they get a chance to dribble over our nice clean board.

I note you haven’t banned Skope though.
Perhaps you should practice what you preach?
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro