Are you ready, Americans?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Geezee

Re: Are you ready, Americans?

Postby Geezee » 19 Sep 2020, 08:40

kath wrote:
Geezee wrote:I understand the hope , but I genuinely don't see that he is doing anything different now than when he won the election. I can't imagine nothing that he's said or done would change the mind of anyone who supported him back then.

i hafta disagree with ya on that one.

in the last election, no one really knew him, scads of folk hated clinton, a lotta people sat out. and he still barely won.

this time? we've had almost four years of trump trying to ruin america across the board, domestic and foreign. we have a pandemic he has done nuthin to stop (and in fact has deliberately lied about and tried to downplay.) i'd hafta look it up... someone else can... is it 36 million jobs lost becuz of his incompetence? he's crapped on the military wholescale, etc. the list is very, very long.

he is also legit crazy. bonkers. whether it's dementia or mini-strokes, he honestly is nuts. at this town hall on CNN the other night (the one that had regular voters asking him questions a high schooler could've prepped for), he was almost incomprehensible. when one voter asked him why he hasn't called for a national mask mandate in light of 200,000 covid deaths in america with no end in sight, he said it was joe biden's fault. (????) at another point when the host asked him why he didn't trust masks, he said "waiters".. .yes waiters, who touch their masks and then touch yer food.

sure, he's got his 37%-40% of hardcore, maga hat wearing, stupid, bigoted fucques who see him as some kinda cult hero. but many of the folk who sat on the fence last time are not gonna do it now. people are hurting in this country and beyond sick of his corrupt, malignant, lying, self-serving crap.

the REAL question is whether he can screw with voting and voters by actually cheating enough to win or whether a massive wave turnrout will override whatever fucquery he tries.

i think there is a very good chance he will face that massive override.

No one knew him? Everyone knew him - and they still voted for him, en masse. He insulted soldiers, he bullied handicapped people, he said absolutely outrageous, misogynist things all the time, and only served to strengthen his cause. The crazyier, the better. And nothing that I've seen since then has changed my impression of that - he's untouchable. Has he caused people to die through coronavirus? Of course not - either the coronavirus doesn't exist, or he has been a great champion for freedom against fascist masks. Has he stoke divisive racial hatred? Of course not - he's on the side of law and order against the violent identity politics of the extreme left. Is he in the hands of big business? Of course not - look what he just did to the pharmaceutical industry, one of the most radical executive orders against any industry in recent memory, and amid a pandemic of all things. He's a hero, nobody controls him, he's himself.

30% of the US believes that the earth is 6000 years old. That's a guaranteed 30% of the vote. Doesn't need much more to win the election.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 19 Sep 2020, 08:52

Geezee wrote:No one knew him? Everyone knew him
-

wrongggg. (cue buzzer sound.)

Geezee wrote:...and they still voted for him, en masse.

whatever ya say, man.

he won becuz of the vote count in, like, three states. somewhere circa 77,000 votes, i think?

but you be you.

and unless yer an american and you are gonna get out and vote, do kindly and sweetly fucque off.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 19 Sep 2020, 09:00

I'm gonna defend Geezee here - he's essentially right. I don't think anyone could imagine the depths to which Trump would sink, but he made it pretty clear during the campaign what his character was. (Remember Hilary's controversial "basket of deplorables" comment?)

And in a country of - what, 300 million? - 77,000 ain't that much.

kath

Postby kath » 19 Sep 2020, 09:10

Charlie O. wrote:I'm gonna defend Geezee here - he's essentially right. I don't think anyone could imagine the depths to which Trump would sink, but he made it pretty clear during the campaign what his character was. (Remember Hilary's controversial "basket of deplorables" comment?)

And in a country of - what, 300 million? - 77,000 ain't that much.

and i'm still gonna defend what i said earlier.

do you really believe most of those 300 million americans really paid attention to that crap at the time? do you think they're savvy media pundits? or that they post on, say, music message boards? they spend their time workin at two jobs to put food on the table. they couldn't stand what they saw as the clinton political machine, and they took a shot at the obnoxious outsider. ( or they stayed home and said fucque this.) i know my fair share of em. admittedly, a microscopic polling sample, mwhahaha. i know plenty of folk who voted for trump last election. not a single one of em is voting for him now. and i am in the south.

so whatever. my beluvved country is either totally fucquin doomed, or there will really be a massive turnout.

pick yer mileage.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 19 Sep 2020, 09:32

kath wrote:
-

whatever ya say, man.

he won becuz of the vote count in, like, three states. somewhere circa 77,000 votes, i think?

but you be you.

and unless yer an american and you are gonna get out and vote, do kindly and sweetly fucque off.

Why dismiss it? Just urging vigilance here...both on a personal level to be prepared that things may not go the way you want but also to not let one smidgeon of complacency creep in.
I know (unfortunately) many Trump supporters - and none of them, as far as I can tell, have changed their mind about anything - if anything more strength and resolve. One has moved away from where they lived in DC to Florida because they couldn't stand living in, as they called it "an out of control liberal bubble" anymore. I see much more divisiveness and disillusionment on the Democrat side, where alot of the Sanders supporters I know are really struggling with the idea of voting Biden, and I see a significant likelihood of some of them staying home.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

kath

Postby kath » 19 Sep 2020, 09:39

Geezee wrote:
kath wrote:
-

whatever ya say, man.

but you be you.

Why dismiss it? Just urging vigilance here...both on a personal level to be prepared that things may not go the way you want but also to not let one smidgeon of complacency creep in.

i am totally with ya here. i do know. i know allll about things not goin yer way in life. and i have spent a fair time around here talking about gettin in fighting shape, mwhahaha. becuz this is the election that truly matters.

i'm just having a low tolerance for cynicism on this, probably becuz i think *that* is what will lose us the election, more than anything else.

kath

Postby kath » 20 Sep 2020, 18:16

as horrific as the whole trump reality is, there is one funny side. everybody with a brain, all of em, are lettin loose. mwhaha they've had it, and they just don't care.

you'll see a post reporter who has been formal and reserved for 30 years come out with "oh fucque this!!"

rep. eric swalwell reacted to a story that the dumber-than-dirt republican in congress, kevin mccarthy, was gonna try some idiotic attempt to oust speaker of the house pelosi. swalwell: "kevin mccarthy?? a coup? he can't organize a bake sale. he can't even spell bake sale."

most reporters/pundits who go on news shows are filmed remotely, from their homes, becuz of covid. the other day, i clearly saw one of em with a blender of margaritas on his counter, mwaha. some woman was swilling wine while she was doing her bit on an MSNBC. (guy on twitter: "wine is nothing. let me know when she straps her arm and shoots up on air.")

then there are whole hordes of people who have merry glee with the nonsense words out of trump's mouth. the other day at a rally, trump said, "we will send the first spaceship to nars!"

yes. nars.

guy B: "maybe he meant narnia."

guy C: "no, it's right next to nercury."

this side of it is kinda... refreshing somehow.

yeah. back to NFLville.

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 20 Sep 2020, 18:59

Its scary reading this morning's UK papers and seeing how close the polls are getting in the key states.

Worryingly, the Orange Utang is apparently even making inroads into the hispanic vote.

Hope to god, there's some kind of huge scandal that not even Trump can dodge and he gets
kicked out of office and straight into jail.

FWIW, there's nothing particularly unusual in elections being settled by margins of 77,000 votes.

The 1992 election in the UK was decided by wafer thin Tory majorities in about 11 (out of 630-odd)
marginal seats

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 20 Sep 2020, 19:15

Sam Stone wrote:Hope to god, there's some kind of huge scandal that not even Trump can dodge and he gets

He will certainly be in legal jeopardy whenever he is out of the White House, but it’s hard to imagine any scandal that could make a difference. His cynicism and disdained for the armed forces has been revealed, his reckless handling of the pandemic has contributed to casualties in the amount of how many, 50 9/11s in a few months? He doesn’t believe in anything besides his own power and prerogative. It would have to be one helluva scandal.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

kath

Postby kath » 21 Sep 2020, 00:36

i wanna post this while i remember to do it (people in the house... ya know it's loud when *i* am the quietest one)...

most americans know this, but i willl stress it. do y'all have any idea how important it is for the democrats to take back the senate? and there is a real shot they will.

there's a site called get mitch or die trying. the reference is to that horrible slime, mitch mcconnell, the republican leader of the senate, from kentucky.

now, there is very lil chance that amy mcgrath can unseat mitch in kentucky. but that's not the point. if democrats retake the senate, he's gonna lose majority power anyway.

here is what the site thinks are the states with a shot, with even odds, or even with the democratic challenger leading in the polls.

- Colorado
- Maine
- North Carolina
- Montana
- Iowa
- Georgia (both seats!)
- Alabama
- Michigan
- Alaska
- South Carolina
- Texas
- Kansas

i don't have the time to put up links for each democratic challenger in these states, but you can look it up easily.

if you are an american and you donate to this actblue get mitch site, they'lll split yer donation between all the democratic challengers in all those states.

i'm poor and i streamline, mwhaha. i sent five bucks to jaime harrison in south carolina cuz i used to live there and lindsey graham, the sitting republican senator, is just such a foul, trump-licking toad. you can just pick a state you fancy and send the dem a few bucks.

you may not think it matters, but it really, really does.

... cuz the democrats only need to flip 3 or 4 seats to retake the senate. out of the whole state list above.

it is massively important. the democrats already have the majority in the house. if they take the senate, too?

they will have control of congress. oh yes, it matters.

sumthin to consider. we gotta do everything we can to get rid of alllll these republican spineless, corrupt trumpwads.

(sam brought back home-made tamales from houston. mwhaha, over and out.)

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 21 Sep 2020, 06:32

Dr. Baron wrote:
Sam Stone wrote:Hope to god, there's some kind of huge scandal that not even Trump can dodge and he gets

He will certainly be in legal jeopardy whenever he is out of the White House, but it’s hard to imagine any scandal that could make a difference. His cynicism and disdained for the armed forces has been revealed, his reckless handling of the pandemic has contributed to casualties in the amount of how many, 50 9/11s in a few months? He doesn’t believe in anything besides his own power and prerogative. It would have to be one helluva scandal.

Tax, I expect.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 24 Sep 2020, 15:26

My worse nightmare scenario is happening. Said it long ago when he was elected we will never get him out of office. Trump is aiming for America's first dictator and it seems he will not leave office if voted out calling the election rigged.

On a good note I do see the Democrats taking back the senate and keeping the house.

kath

Postby kath » 24 Sep 2020, 19:57

here's sumthin trump never gets to hear, buffered and surrounded as he usually is with frothing MAGAt rally-goers, toady sycophants, and the fox new bubble.

it starts at the :50 second mark. watch long enough to hear the crowd when it gets going with its chant... and watch his reaction.

people are indeed pissed off.

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 24 Sep 2020, 20:36

kath wrote:the other day at a rally, trump said, "we will send the first spaceship to nars!"

He can't read/think and speak at the same time. THere's a compilation somewhere on Youtube of his autocue gaffs. My favorite was a reference to "Our childrens' furniture"
We're way past rhubarb

kath

Postby kath » 24 Sep 2020, 21:20

The Fish wrote:
kath wrote:the other day at a rally, trump said, "we will send the first spaceship to nars!"

He can't read/think and speak at the same time. THere's a compilation somewhere on Youtube of his autocue gaffs. My favorite was a reference to "Our childrens' furniture"

mwhahaha, our children's furniture.

yeah, he is phenomenally stupid and unable to handle basic lingo multi-tasking. but there truly is sumthin seriously wrong with his brain. it is rotting from the inside out. i am not a doctor, so i don't know exactly what it is. dementia? decades of sniffin adderall and coke? tertiary syphilis? i don't know. i will technically call it guano brain rot. he was not this bad in the brainpan six, seven years ago. (there are vid clips comparing the two as well.)

here's just one gem from two days ago, out of countless examples:

“They go out and buy cans of tuna fish... Goya, I hope Goya. He’s great. Good guy. They go out and buy Goya. Because they throw it. It's the perfect weight, tuna fish, they can really rip it, right? And that hits you. No, it's true. Bumble Bee brand tuna”

Six String

Postby Six String » 24 Sep 2020, 21:23

Rebecca and I have decided that if Trump wins we’ll have to go into our own little bubble. We can’t live the next four years like the last four. I’m already cutting back on reading stories about his lame ass to preserve my mental health. If the Dems get the Senate and keep the House that will help control him a little but he’ll take everything to the SCOTUS he possibly can. What bothers us more than Trump is the percentage of people who support him. He’s given people the ok to come out of the shadows and partly because he’s saying things they also think but haven’t because it wasn’t socially acceptable. Saying it like it is? I don’t think so. :twisted:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 24 Sep 2020, 21:28

Get ready for the rawest milk you ever tasted!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String

Postby Six String » 24 Sep 2020, 21:33

Ha! The only thing saving us from true insanity or breakdown will be because we live in the Republic Of California. Our state laws and heavy Democrratic influence will fight the good fight.

kath

Postby kath » 10 Oct 2020, 16:12

this is a good thing, from georgetown. what to do if you see any armed MAGAT "militia' thugs when you go to vote.

it's a state-by-state list of each state's laws about these jerkoffs (they're illegal), what to do if you spot em and who you can contact.

https://www.law.georgetown.edu/icap/our-work/addressing-the-rise-of-unlawful-private-paramilitaries/state-fact-sheets/

there's a side bar on what to do if you yerself are intimidated or physically threatened, starting with calling 911. yeah, the cops have generally been useless against white, american terrorists, but they do hafta respond if you call. they hafta go there.

a judge in virginia just declared trump's "poll watchers" illegal, so ya know, there's that chance if they try to show up in virginia voting lines again, they'll be in trouble. we can hope.

at least the 13 proud boy types who plotted kidnapping and killing gov. whitmer in michigan will be gone for life.