Are you ready, Americans?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Re: Are you ready, Americans?

Postby The Prof » 13 Sep 2020, 08:55

Woodward sounds like a thoroughly pleasant and reasonable chap.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 13 Sep 2020, 09:22

The Prof wrote:Woodward sounds like a thoroughly pleasant and reasonable chap.

woodward or roger stone?

kath

Postby kath » 13 Sep 2020, 09:37

i *did* make a comment somewhere about gettin in fighting shape.

trump and all his minions like the walking mildew roger stone are reeking desperation and tryin their damnedest to amp up fear.

trump has a lotttta cops on his side, it's true.

but i honestly think he has lost most of the military. i've never seen anything like it in my lifetime, anyway, and i was a navy wife for years. his comments about service men and women being losers and suckers and all that have most definitely struck a nerve.

keep in mind the military is extremely conservative as a general rule. his polling for that now is miserable, all things considered.

for all the fucquery he's trying and will continue to try, i seriously doubt he's gonna have soldiers in the streets, martial law and any real force shootin civilians if he loses.

if he loses, they will drag his ass outta the white house.

but he's gotta lose.

everybody's gotta vote.

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 13 Sep 2020, 10:44

Also Republicans in congress need to put the interests of the country and constitution first - otherwise it looks a lot like Germany in 1933.

kath

Postby kath » 13 Sep 2020, 11:01

Positive Passion wrote:Also Republicans in congress need to put the interests of the country and constitution first - otherwise it looks a lot like Germany in 1933.

hang that one right up. they've all strapped themselves to the trumpian mast. it's so mind-numbingly disgusting.

they need to go, too. they need to be voted out. democrats need to win enough seats to retake the senate.

they just might.

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 13 Sep 2020, 11:11

kath wrote:
Positive Passion wrote:Also Republicans in congress need to put the interests of the country and constitution first - otherwise it looks a lot like Germany in 1933.

hang that one right up. they've all strapped themselves to the trumpian mast. it's so mind-numbingly disgusting.

they need to go, too. they need to be voted out. democrats need to win enough seats to retake the senate.

they just might.

Here's hoping! My wife is all set.

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 13 Sep 2020, 13:26

I think the courts would shut down anything like that and the military would fall in line.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 14 Sep 2020, 15:51

kath wrote:

woodward or roger stone?

I meant Stone, - I was skim reading it!

kath

Postby kath » 14 Sep 2020, 16:44

The Prof wrote:
kath wrote:

woodward or roger stone?

I meant Stone, - I was skim reading it!

i thought that's what you meant, but for a split second, i thought, "oh my gawd, what has bob woodward done???" mwhaha.

kath

Postby kath » 16 Sep 2020, 07:05

holy brain guacamole... did any of y'all see trump's town hall on ABC? what a fucquin disaster. he couldn't even handle normal questions from regular folk. he is whacked. delusional. he's gonna get slaughtered in the debates.

Six String

Postby Six String » 16 Sep 2020, 21:11

kath wrote:holy brain guacamole... did any of y'all see trump's town hall on ABC? what a fucquin disaster. he couldn't even handle normal questions from regular folk. he is whacked. delusional. he's gonna get slaughtered in the debates.

I didn’t watch as I can’t stand to see him or hear his voice but I read the blow by blow in the paper today. Hilarious. I loved that a woman called him out to stop interrupting so she could finish her question. I look forward to the debates, especially another town hall. Herd Mentality. :lol:

kath

Postby kath » 17 Sep 2020, 06:50

Six String wrote:
kath wrote:holy brain guacamole... did any of y'all see trump's town hall on ABC? what a fucquin disaster. he couldn't even handle normal questions from regular folk. he is whacked. delusional. he's gonna get slaughtered in the debates.

I didn’t watch as I can’t stand to see him or hear his voice but I read the blow by blow in the paper today. Hilarious. I loved that a woman called him out to stop interrupting so she could finish her question. I look forward to the debates, especially another town hall. Herd Mentality. :lol:

he's plum crazy. mwhahaha. he really is. the regular folk... asking regular questions and not taking his shit... decimated him. seriously.

i'm actually feelin kinda more upbeat about the election. i truly think he might get, well, decimated.

i hafta vote in person, but i am indeed, ready. we all gotta do it.

kath

Postby kath » 18 Sep 2020, 18:05

early voting just opened in fairfax, virginia. there are hundreds of people in line already. one woman interviewed by a reporter said sumthin like, "i don't trust the mail anymore. i'll stay here all day if i hafta."

officials there have never seen anything like it.

rob reiner: "If what we see happening in Virginia continues until Nov.3, no amount of cheating by Trump will save his Criminal Ass."

i hate to be too much of a sap, but he really might get decimated.

gotta have hope.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 18 Sep 2020, 18:34

I understand the hope , but I genuinely don't see that he is doing anything different now than when he won the election. I can't imagine nothing that he's said or done would change the mind of anyone who supported him back then.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 18 Sep 2020, 19:11

Geezee wrote:I understand the hope , but I genuinely don't see that he is doing anything different now than when he won the election. I can't imagine nothing that he's said or done would change the mind of anyone who supported him back then.

But they are not really the problem. It is the people who didn't vote back then that need to be counted now. And though it seems hard to understand, there are/were some people who voted for Trump not because they supported him, but because they hated Hillary Clinton.

kath

Postby kath » 18 Sep 2020, 19:23

Geezee wrote:I understand the hope , but I genuinely don't see that he is doing anything different now than when he won the election. I can't imagine nothing that he's said or done would change the mind of anyone who supported him back then.

i hafta disagree with ya on that one.

in the last election, no one really knew him, scads of folk hated clinton, a lotta people sat out. and he still barely won.

this time? we've had almost four years of trump trying to ruin america across the board, domestic and foreign. we have a pandemic he has done nuthin to stop (and in fact has deliberately lied about and tried to downplay.) i'd hafta look it up... someone else can... is it 36 million jobs lost becuz of his incompetence? he's crapped on the military wholescale, etc. the list is very, very long.

he is also legit crazy. bonkers. whether it's dementia or mini-strokes, he honestly is nuts. at this town hall on CNN the other night (the one that had regular voters asking him questions a high schooler could've prepped for), he was almost incomprehensible. when one voter asked him why he hasn't called for a national mask mandate in light of 200,000 covid deaths in america with no end in sight, he said it was joe biden's fault. (????) at another point when the host asked him why he didn't trust masks, he said "waiters".. .yes waiters, who touch their masks and then touch yer food.

sure, he's got his 37%-40% of hardcore, maga hat wearing, stupid, bigoted fucques who see him as some kinda cult hero. but many of the folk who sat on the fence last time are not gonna do it now. people are hurting in this country and beyond sick of his corrupt, malignant, lying, self-serving crap.

the REAL question is whether he can screw with voting and voters by actually cheating enough to win or whether a massive wave turnrout will override whatever fucquery he tries.

i think there is a very good chance he will face that massive override.

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 18 Sep 2020, 20:13

kath wrote:
the REAL question is whether he can screw with voting and voters by actually cheating enough to win or whether a massive wave turnrout will override whatever fucquery he tries.

Though really I don' t think that is the question (not that I have read all your post - I can never understand what you are saying after ten words). I can genuinely see a situation where he refuses to concede defeat. Some state legislatures will instigate enquiries which will muddy waters even more. If the Senate remains even or Republican majority, they will not oppose him (because they are craven enablers).

But in my heart of hearts I think he will get thrashed, and can also see both houses going democrat.

kath

Postby kath » 18 Sep 2020, 20:47

Positive Passion wrote:
kath wrote:

... (not that I have read all your post - I can never understand what you are saying after ten words).

aw. i'm so very sorry. ya want some visine? a fucquin kleenex?

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 18 Sep 2020, 21:02

From Colbert two nights ago. Funny AND depressing... ultimately, more the latter, I think.