70%
Footy
4%

Total votes: 47

Charlie O.

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby Charlie O. » 12 Sep 2020, 23:23

toomanyhatz wrote:The 'like' function.

Never having been on Facebook, I always used to think the "like" button was an inane, insulting invention. How wrong I was! So often now, when I'm reading posts here, I find myself reaching with my mouse for a "Like" button that... just isn't there. I feel deprived. I love that damned "like" button now.

Preludin also has a video function where you don't have to guess which part of the URL you have to use to embed something - just put in the whole URL! I mean, no wonder some people have abandoned BCB!

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 13 Sep 2020, 11:25

Sneelock wrote:Hello all you civilized people.

I know "banning" is an unpleasant thought and most of us consider ourselves above that sort of thing.
I'm sure there are people voting "no" using this very reasoning. you don't think his posts are "enlightening" and you don't think his response to kath was clever but "banning" just isn't the sort of thing you go in for.

well, how about this...
even if you DON'T want to ban Jimbo, won't you think of voting "yes"?
why? well, why the fuck not? it probably won't get him banned anyway but maybe it will put a couple of dents in that little tin-foil halo of his.

SO..
look in your heart. maybe you'd like to whop Jimbo upside the head with a sock full of shit. maybe you'd like to take a tray of ice cubes and pour them down the front of his pants. maybe you'd just like him to not sit up quite so tall in his chair the next time he posts.

Vote YES on Proposition JIMBO
I am Sneelock and I approve this message.

Shit

I read this a pressed yes and now yes is at 60% and I don't think we should ban him.

Put him on ignore
Dancing in the streets of Hyannis

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

C
Robust

Postby C » 13 Sep 2020, 11:43

Rayge wrote:I would like to clarify a couple of things.

No thank you

Sneelock wrote:Hello all you civilized people.

Samoan wrote:Go away, Geraint.

Sam Stone wrote:No one here objects to people posting on both boards. What most - if not all - BCBers do object to is people from P coming over and stirring up the shit as is happening here.

and the rest of the 'visitors':

Why don't you bugger off back to the other place?

toomanyhatz wrote:
scrote wrote:honestly, you need to read back some of your posts. it's always about YOU!

Sorry. I'll try to make them more about you.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 13 Sep 2020, 15:17

Possibly because we are all members here in good standing, and have been for years?
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

`

Postby ` » 13 Sep 2020, 15:27

Copehead wrote:[

I read this a pressed yes and now yes is at 60%...

And people wonder why Jeremy Corbyn got beaten so badly last December...

C
Robust

Postby C » 13 Sep 2020, 16:31

Rayge wrote:Possibly because we are all members here in good standing, and have been for years?

Who come over here and deliberately try and stir up trouble

Bully-boys, cry babies, sycophants and henchmen

If the cap fits lad.

If the cap fits

toomanyhatz wrote:
scrote wrote:honestly, you need to read back some of your posts. it's always about YOU!

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 13 Sep 2020, 17:36

C wrote:
Rayge wrote:Possibly because we are all members here in good standing, and have been for years?

If the cap fits lad.

If the cap fits

But who, specifically, does the cap fit, as you see it?

C
Robust

Postby C » 13 Sep 2020, 17:57

Charlie O. wrote:
C wrote:

If the cap fits lad.

If the cap fits

But who, specifically, does the cap fit, as you see it?

You my dear learned and esteemed friend fit none of those categories

It's just the control freaks, uneasy in the presence of strong personalities with different world views

You have to laugh Chas - these 'erberts take themselves so seriously - up their own asses/arses

When the fun stops. Stop.

ooooof!

:lol:
toomanyhatz wrote:

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 13 Sep 2020, 18:14

C wrote:It's just the control freaks, uneasy in the presence of strong personalities with different world views

You have to laugh Chas - these 'erberts take themselves so seriously - up their own asses/arses

At the risk of sounding like my country's traitorous president - I've seen plenty of that on both sides.

Thing is: aside from Coan (who popped into this thread just briefly and - I'm guessing, admittedly - probably didn't vote), I don't know who these "visitors" are supposed to be.

Most of the people at Preludin still care about BCB; most still post here, if not as regularly as they once did. (I know, because I conducted a survey!) Most of them, for one reason or another, don't like what BCB seems to them to have become, so they found another outlet. I would imagine that those of us who abandoned the boards altogether in favor of Facebook did so for similar reasons. But that doesn't mean they don't care about BCB. And they certainly should have as much of an opportunity to say what they think as we've afforded Jimbo.

Purgatory Brite

Postby Purgatory Brite » 13 Sep 2020, 18:16

C wrote:It's just the control freaks, uneasy in the presence of strong personalities with different world views

You should really exercise some caution on this subject lad, remember

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 13 Sep 2020, 18:20

You've been trotting out this list of insulting characterisations in it must be close to 100 posts now. Have you ever thought of varying it? Personally, I have never been one to trot out stock insults, as I believe that doing so reveals far more about the insulter than the insultee

henchman - A faithful follower or political supporter, especially one prepared to engage in crime or violence by way of service. A bit strong, don't you think?
Your idea of what constitutes a bully-boy is a bit wide of the mark, too.
No-one is crying, either
And 'sycophants' - it is to laugh - no-one on preludin is remotely a suck-up, to Coan, or anyone else. Quite the opposite, in fact, bunch of rowdy iconoclasts

So the cap definitely does not fit, and I shall continue to post in good faith on both boards, as I have always done.
I know that some, including you, don't like me, often with good reason, but that's no reason for someone to attempt to bully me, or others, off a board to which I have made some positive contributions and where I have forge some genuine internet friendships (and no, they're not all on preludin either). And incidentally, don't you think it odd that someone like Paul Argles should account me his best mate if I am indeed as heinous as you characterize me? Paul and Ferd/Marguerite pass on their best to you, by the way.

And stir up trouble? Jimbo, not a preludiner, started this thread, Snee made a humorous post, er, that's it.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

C
Robust

Postby C » 13 Sep 2020, 18:30

Sloopjohnx - yes lad, you are absolutely correct.

I do consider it traitorous!

The prog goons took the boy G in as one of their own.

He was my righthand man in the London JU 'Prog Corner' quiz team.

We treated him with love and kindness [all in 9/8 time].

He then went over 'to the dark side' and became brainwashed by people my mum always told me to avoid.

Playground bullies and their hangers on. Not very pleasant people.

They come over to our place and stir up trouble then go back to their Predulin hovel and say unpleasant things.

They then get their knickers in a twist which has me in hysterics.

Bounders - and they know who they are.

Coan and Scrote have my sympathy as do the henchmen

Get a life boys - don't take yourselves so seriously.

Remove your heads from your own asses/arses and remember:

When the fun stops. Stop

:lol:
toomanyhatz wrote:

Purgatory Brite

Postby Purgatory Brite » 13 Sep 2020, 18:56

C wrote:When the fun stops. Stop

*speechless*

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 13 Sep 2020, 19:38

Purgatory Brite wrote:
C wrote:When the fun stops. Stop

*speechless*

It's a good idea! :lol:

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 13 Sep 2020, 20:03

There are several posters I idly wish wouldn't post here, but I don't read their posts, so it is merely the inconvenience of having to skip over them.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 13 Sep 2020, 20:18

Charlie O. wrote:

At the risk of sounding like my country's traitorous president - I've seen plenty of that on both sides.

Thing is: aside from Coan (who popped into this thread just briefly and - I'm guessing, admittedly - probably didn't vote), I don't know who these "visitors" are supposed to be.

Most of the people at Preludin still care about BCB; most still post here, if not as regularly as they once did. (I know, because I conducted a survey!) Most of them, for one reason or another, don't like what BCB seems to them to have become, so they found another outlet. I would imagine that those of us who abandoned the boards altogether in favor of Facebook did so for similar reasons. But that doesn't mean they don't care about BCB. And they certainly should have as much of an opportunity to say what they think as we've afforded Jimbo.

I don’t even particularly think of them as different boards. When I’m in the mood to discuss things, I’ll look at both - the same way I’d check Yakety Yak, then Nextdoorland, the Screenadelica. Now there are just more places to check.

You have to be really pathetically bored with your life to give a shit about all this Hatfield vs. McCoys shit.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 13 Sep 2020, 20:29

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:
You have to be really pathetically bored with your life to give a shit about all this Hatfield vs. McCoys shit.

One could say the same about giving a shit about Jimbo's rants.
"The reason I say Trump won is that he came across as more confident, quicker-witted."
-John Coan on the Presidential debate

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 13 Sep 2020, 20:44

Matt Wilson wrote:
Davey the Fat Boy wrote:

One could say the same about giving a shit about Jimbo's rants.

True. I don’t give a shit about Jimbo’s rants. I don’t even see them as I’ve had him on ignore for almost two years. I simply care that it is impossible to discuss anything else in a thread he’s hijacked. Get the difference?

It appears that you don’t (or can’t... or are willfully pretending not to), because I have to keep explaining it to you.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 13 Sep 2020, 20:53

You don't have to explain anything, you go over the same ground again and again because you like it. You're all in a tizzy because you think you can't "discuss anything" on a thread that you think he's taken over - even though you can't even see what he's saying. He's "toxic" and all that, yada, yada, yada. He bothers you so it's an issue, etc. Preludin doesn't bother you at all, therefore, anyone who is bothered by it is "pathetically bored."

We get it.
"The reason I say Trump won is that he came across as more confident, quicker-witted."
-John Coan on the Presidential debate

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 13 Sep 2020, 21:00

Matt Wilson wrote:We get it.

We get that you take some perverse pleasure in picking dumb fights that you can't win.

Knock yerself out, but don't pretend that "we" are in your corner.