Yes
70%
Footy
4%

Total votes: 46

Davey the Fat Boy

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 12 Sep 2020, 18:07

He’s a toxic element of this board. Not just to me. If this is how you like the board, fine. I’m just telling you why I’ve been less active.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 12 Sep 2020, 18:35

Something I keep coming back to: the main shit-stirrers at Preludin used to stir all their shit over here. Did y'all really prefer it that way?

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 12 Sep 2020, 18:40

The people who only post on Preludin don't really do too much shit-stirring there, unless you're talking about Skope. The people who only post on BCB don't really shit-stir too much here - unless you're talking about Jimbo.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 12 Sep 2020, 18:44

Matt Wilson wrote:The people who only post on Preludin don't really do too much shit-stirring there, unless you're talking about Skope. The people who only post on BCB don't really shit-stir too much here - unless you're talking about Jimbo.

Skope and Coan were who I had in mind, basically. Coan still dips his stirrer in occasionally, but certainly nothing like he used to.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 12 Sep 2020, 18:47

Coan could never stop checking in here, he's obsessed. It was his obsession with BCB which caused him to start Preludin in the first place.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 12 Sep 2020, 18:48

So's skope.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 12 Sep 2020, 18:49

You're one of the ones I miss, Charlie.

solarskope

Postby solarskope » 12 Sep 2020, 18:51

Get a room!
C wrote:
I remember some of them when they were nice boys - G for example.

But Coan has changed them

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 12 Sep 2020, 18:52

Adam, Welcome!

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 12 Sep 2020, 18:54

Matt Wilson wrote:You're one of the ones I miss, Charlie.

I don't know why some people think I defected. I never did. On balance I think I post as much here as over there. The only variability is my interest level in whatever the recent threads are in each place.
Last edited by Charlie O. on 12 Sep 2020, 19:03, edited 1 time in total.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 12 Sep 2020, 18:57

Personally, I'm not for banning anybody. There's room here for all. I never wanted yellowjacket or googa or Adam banned. It's really too bad we're not all on the same forum anymore. But there really is a lot less fighting since the split, so there's that...

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 12 Sep 2020, 19:06

Either Preludin or BCB could easily be improved for me personally should certain persons either be banned or stop posting on their own. Either works for me. But Jimbo's not the only one, not by a longshot. He might not even be the worst of them.

I have very little power here and have been quite public about my lack of zeal for using what little I have; at Preludin I have absolutely none.

Not sure exactly what I'm getting at here, I guess maybe just that I find anyone at either board acting like one or the other is Valhalla and the other is a cesspool, well...just one man's opinion, but they're really not that different.

All I know for sure is a) I'm going to keep posting at both as long as I'm able; b) I'm not going to be responsible for banning anyone but spammers (believe me, it's a full-time job); and c) I don't give a flying fuck about what anyone on either board thinks I should think.
Jimbo wrote:I need you to back up this claim.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020? 2021?

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 12 Sep 2020, 19:11

FWIW - I’m not a fan of banning either. I’ve never called for anybody to be banned. I’m not even sure that I’d want to see Jimbo banned. But I really don’t want to deal with him anymore either.

It was more fun when the world seemed sane. Now it is oppressive.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 12 Sep 2020, 19:15

toomanyhatz wrote:I find anyone at either board acting like one or the other is Valhalla and the other is a cesspool, well...just one man's opinion, but they're really not that different.

Agreed.

BCB - going back to pre-BCB MOJO days - always had squabbles, shit-stirring, trolling. Nothing (except maybe Jimbo) has changed all that much, as far as I can see.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 12 Sep 2020, 19:25

Matt Wilson wrote:Personally, I'm not for banning anybody. There's room here for all. I never wanted yellowjacket or googa or Adam banned. It's really too bad we're not all on the same forum anymore. But there really is a lot less fighting since the split, so there's that...

as i posted before, i have spent my time on this board being very vocal against banning.

but i'll back up davey, here: jimbo is the first time i actually thought anyone here was a toxic presence on the board.

maybe there was somebody before i came here? whatever.

i'm not holdin a pitchfork and callin for jimbo be banned. it's not my call to make. but i would not be the least bit sorry to see him gone. not the least lil tiny fucquin bit. his constant, ugly, delusional spewing and nasty trumpiness make me wanna take a chem shower. and *i'm* pretty laid-back and tolerant of people.

he is the only person ever on this board in my time here that i would never wanna be inside of a real room with for a jollyup... his transformation to trump is that total. here's hoping he stays in his mildewy basement and leaves as much of humanity alone as possible.

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 12 Sep 2020, 19:35

kath wrote:he is the only person ever on this board in my time here that i would never wanna be inside of a real room with for a jollyup..

We have some unfinished business about The Game v A Night At The Opera..........

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 12 Sep 2020, 20:02

Positive Passion wrote:
kath wrote:he is the only person ever on this board in my time here that i would never wanna be inside of a real room with for a jollyup..

We have some unfinished business about The Game v A Night At The Opera..........

mwhahaha.

i told this story at some listen, but ya know, when c got cancer, reap and i panicked. he's family, really. reap's all "what should we do? should we go over there? wait.. yer passport expired in 2014!" (forgetting as he was that HE never had a passport, mwhaha.) c beat it, being c, and we all calmed down.

i am in a different stage of my life now. regroup, get in fightin shape cuz the political situation here is dire, onward, get out more and meet who ya wanna meet before ya croak. obviously, the virus will put that kinda travel on hold for who knows how long, but i already called the passport office and went around all over creation and got all the documents i need for it.

we could all be toast tomorrow, but hey, life is just too fucquin short.

p.s. night at the opera wins.

Purgatory Brite

Postby Purgatory Brite » 12 Sep 2020, 21:46

Flowere wrote::lol:

Yay Purgy baby!!

Hello John Coan it's been awhile. Time for you to return to Preludin, where you act like a little tin god over all the malcontents.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 12 Sep 2020, 22:06

Purgatory Brite wrote:
Flowere wrote::lol:

Yay Purgy baby!!

Hello John Coan it's been awhile. Time for you to return to Preludin, where you act like a little tin god over all the malcontents.

England Dan and John Ford Coley?

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 12 Sep 2020, 22:40

toomanyhatz wrote:I find anyone at either board acting like one or the other is Valhalla and the other is a cesspool, well...just one man's opinion, but they're really not that different.

There are some advantages to each. To wit:

Here:

No ____ (name withheld in the interest of avoiding drama)

There:

No Jimbo (drama already out of the bag)
The 'like' function.
Jimbo wrote:I need you to back up this claim.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020? 2021?