Ban Jimbo?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

Ban Jimbo?

No
12
26%
Yes
33
70%
Footy
2
4%
 
Total votes: 47

`
Posts: 2390
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 17:12

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby ` » 19 Sep 2020, 19:22

Positive Passion wrote:
The Prof wrote:If I look down the first page of BCB, Jimbo has started about 8 threads recently that have zero or very little responses.
Serious answers only - is there a reason for this?

Is it the thread titles that are boring or people don't want to dignify him with a response or something else?


He started most of them within about an hour, and on the same day he had started a thread listing a bunch of other potential topics. This is attention-seeking behaviour, rather than genuine attempts to find topics of general interest. As a result even the possibly interesting ones get submerged in the flood.
On the other hand no-one replies to a lot of my threads either, but that's presumably because they are shit.


If you agree to stick around after J’s culture is cancelled we could reward you by giving you his credit on the ever-popular “what did you have for breakfast?” thread. Was going to keep “Phuck dat shit!” For myself, but heck we’ll throw the credit on that one in, too!

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 61364
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby C » 19 Sep 2020, 20:37

Should the turncoat and ex-honorary prog goon, still be an admin/moderator*

Just asking for a friend...






* delete as appropriate






.
LMG wrote:I carelessly remarked that my noisy neighbour deserved a sharp word. [for disturbance]
The next day his semi-naked body was found staked out in his garden, a copy of GG's album cover Giant For A Day situated where his head had previously been attached

User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 27266
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby GoogaMooga » 19 Sep 2020, 20:54

Ban the ban... err... can the can...
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

User avatar
Flower
Posts: 9123
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 22:22
Location: Unlisted

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby Flower » 19 Sep 2020, 21:24

kath wrote:

Flower wrote:I don't know but I do know that it will be many years until we know if the current pandemic was well handled.


this is one of THE most clueless things i have ever seen written on this board from someone who is not jimbo.

what planet are you currently living on if you don't realize that the pandemic has been abysmally, horribly, spectacularly mishandled in america from the very beginning? injected any bleach lately?


Kath, I am living on the planet Earth. In case you are unaware, the pandemic is GLOBAL. I've said nothing about how is has been handled in the US to this point in time. The second wave is just starting and it will be a long time until things are "back to normal" .. after (if ever) we are out of the woods, we'll know more GLOBALLY about how things were handled. At that point the data will be analyzed and we'll know what done correctly and what was screwed up.

FYI ~ If you want to inject yourself with bleach go ahead. I don't advise it but it's your life.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

User avatar
jimboo
Posts: 6962
Joined: 29 Dec 2005, 17:43
Location: taking a foxy kind of stand

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby jimboo » 19 Sep 2020, 21:29

There is no pandemic Flower. The truth is it is an excuse to control the population.
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me

User avatar
Flower
Posts: 9123
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 22:22
Location: Unlisted

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby Flower » 19 Sep 2020, 21:45

jimboo wrote:Well 70% is an astonishingly high figure for a banning on here.
Are you actually serious when you say Jimbo knows what his best interests are , I am not so sure.
Jimbo constantly replies with insults ( I assume your stance is in relation to actually reading the threads ?)
It isn't so much about changing his views is it though?
It is about challenging and correcting selected edited posts and publications that are clearly edited and selected that actually don't even read in black and white
What he claims they say.
It isn't the case that he likes this and others don't, how can you honestly come to such a simplistic conclusion for his behaviour? As far as I am aware the holocaust is about the only aspect of history he hasn't posted an alternative universe conspiracy.
Name calling and disagreement is standard behaviour on forums.
I don't admire your stance at all .As the man said if you don't stand against something then you fall for everything.
Jimbo trolls the board peddling edited news plucked from the air,posts questionable stats and spam while refusing to acknowledge any form of natural debate. He will happily state black is white while using a you tube video of a dentist from poughkeepsie fresh from a flat earth society brunch who heard it was true because David Icke found a burning rhododendron bush in a previously undiscovered neolithic/alien designed stone circle opposite the new Tesco's store in Bury.
There is no pandemic Flower , do keep up.


I've stated before that I don't agree with Jimbo's politics and rarely read what passes as "debate" so I could be wrong and maybe EVERYONE is name calling. Nor do I read most threads or posts. Is that required reading? As soon as the "debates" go to the second grade level, I stop reading them. Just because "everyone" does something, doesn't make it the correct thing. You keep saying that I don't stand for anything which I find strange but believe it if it makes you happy. When did I post that Jimbo was correct in his theories? I know that I posted that I disagreed with his theories but defended his right to think for himself.

What I am stating is that Jimbo is not a troll. Maybe he would consider what he posts more carefully if he was NOT piled on all the time but that's my words and feelings and not his words or feelings.

If you want to find fault with anyone, you will find fault every time.

The bottom line is that I like Jimbo, I like his humor but don't agree with his world views. Jimbo is NOT a troll in my eyes and I'm happy to walk up the down staircase.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 41213
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby kath » 19 Sep 2020, 21:49

Flower wrote:
kath wrote:

Flower wrote:I don't know but I do know that it will be many years until we know if the current pandemic was well handled.


this is one of THE most clueless things i have ever seen written on this board from someone who is not jimbo.

what planet are you currently living on if you don't realize that the pandemic has been abysmally, horribly, spectacularly mishandled in america from the very beginning? injected any bleach lately?


Kath, I am living on the planet Earth. In case you are unaware, the pandemic is GLOBAL. I've said nothing about how is has been handled in the US to this point in time. The second wave is just starting and it will be a long time until things are "back to normal" .. after (if ever) we are out of the woods, we'll know more GLOBALLY about how things were handled. At that point the data will be analyzed and we'll know what done correctly and what was screwed up.

FYI ~ If you want to inject yourself with bleach go ahead. I don't advise it but it's your life.


mwhahahaha. pompous, humorless, full of it and yerself, really. the jimbo you've been trying to defend allll this time, the trumpian jimbo, has spent the majority of his time ranting about the pandemic in america. you don't know squat about the pandemic in america or GLOBALLY. you assume no one else knows anything about it.

you have a theme of trying to fall back on anything that means you weren't talking about america ("i didn't know what all lives matter meant.")

i don't buy it. go sell it to someone else. apparently, jimbo's a big fan.


ya know, there are times i don't mind haughty arrogance in tone. if someone has incredible skill, talent, major ability, i don't mind the arrogance. they deserve it. i LOVE it if someone can be arrogant with blazing humor, wit, real style.

you are none of the above. hate to break it to you.

you have that PB kind of arrogance. you take yerself completely seriously. you think you are a better thinker. a fairer individual. a master debater. an all-around groovy individual.

nope. you are full of yerself for absolutely no reason.

i typically don't get into it with you, becuz you try to be likeable enough most of the time, and yer certainly not any kind of threat or anything.

but i really am sick of haughty stupid talk. if you wanna persist with me, go for it. and i will go for it as well.

after all, if you try to debate someone, you might just get flak for the ridiculous words flyin out of yer mouth.

User avatar
Flower
Posts: 9123
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 22:22
Location: Unlisted

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby Flower » 19 Sep 2020, 21:58

Kath,

I feel sorry for you. I really do. You have no idea what I think, what I know or what I think that I know. YOU seem to be in attack mode. I'll not play your game. Yes, I like Jimbo and have often stated that I don't agree with his views but he's a friend and not a troll. I stand by that and if you don't like it, it's your problem and issue, not mine.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 41213
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby kath » 19 Sep 2020, 22:14

Flower wrote:Kath,

I feel sorry for you. I really do. You have no idea what I think, what I know or what I think that I know. YOU seem to be in attack mode. I'll not play your game. Yes, I like Jimbo and have often stated that I don't agree with his views but he's a friend and not a troll. I stand by that and if you don't like it, it's your problem and issue, not mine.


[narrator: oh so predictable, folks. she feels sorrrrrry for me, she really does! (see above on haughty arrogance.) there is not a whiff of a problem with her, it's alllllll me. the actual "ideas" she spewed forth, they are no longer applicable in a "debate". none of the actual debate matters anymore. easily discarded and ignored. why? cuz no one knows what she thinks. i mean, forget that she spilled words in a debate showing what she thinks. her response now isn't to prove anything. the very person who sooo laments the lack of rational debate and all the insults resorts to no actual debate and insults.]

i hope you and jimbo have a lifelong, deep, meaningful friendship. good luck with that. sincerely.

User avatar
jimboo
Posts: 6962
Joined: 29 Dec 2005, 17:43
Location: taking a foxy kind of stand

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby jimboo » 19 Sep 2020, 23:08

Flower wrote:
jimboo wrote:Well 70% is an astonishingly high figure for a banning on here.
Are you actually serious when you say Jimbo knows what his best interests are , I am not so sure.
Jimbo constantly replies with insults ( I assume your stance is in relation to actually reading the threads ?)
It isn't so much about changing his views is it though?
It is about challenging and correcting selected edited posts and publications that are clearly edited and selected that actually don't even read in black and white
What he claims they say.
It isn't the case that he likes this and others don't, how can you honestly come to such a simplistic conclusion for his behaviour? As far as I am aware the holocaust is about the only aspect of history he hasn't posted an alternative universe conspiracy.
Name calling and disagreement is standard behaviour on forums.
I don't admire your stance at all .As the man said if you don't stand against something then you fall for everything.
Jimbo trolls the board peddling edited news plucked from the air,posts questionable stats and spam while refusing to acknowledge any form of natural debate. He will happily state black is white while using a you tube video of a dentist from poughkeepsie fresh from a flat earth society brunch who heard it was true because David Icke found a burning rhododendron bush in a previously undiscovered neolithic/alien designed stone circle opposite the new Tesco's store in Bury.
There is no pandemic Flower , do keep up.


I've stated before that I don't agree with Jimbo's politics and rarely read what passes as "debate" so I could be wrong and maybe EVERYONE is name calling. Nor do I read most threads or posts. Is that required reading? As soon as the "debates" go to the second grade level, I stop reading them. Just because "everyone" does something, doesn't make it the correct thing. You keep saying that I don't stand for anything which I find strange but believe it if it makes you happy. When did I post that Jimbo was correct in his theories? I know that I posted that I disagreed with his theories but defended his right to think for himself.

What I am stating is that Jimbo is not a troll. Maybe he would consider what he posts more carefully if he was NOT piled on all the time but that's my words and feelings and not his words or feelings.

If you want to find fault with anyone, you will find fault every time.

The bottom line is that I like Jimbo, I like his humor but don't agree with his world views. Jimbo is NOT a troll in my eyes and I'm happy to walk up the down staircase.


Look, if your stance is Jimbo is a friend, even though you leave his threads because you don't agree with his views but that's ok because defending posters and threads you don't read gives you a better understanding of the problem people are having with them/him then , you know that's cool.
You don't stand for ANYTHING because , duh! you walk away. Defending the indefensible is one thing. Defending something you assume is happening , I say assume because you don't actually read the posts by your own admission is a strange position to take isn't it? Trolls get piled on because they troll. Maybe (and here's the thang) if he actually considered his posts first,feelings would be different.
Your position as it stands is untenable.
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me

Hugh
Posts: 15920
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:43

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby Hugh » 19 Sep 2020, 23:24

Hey jimboo, it’s good to see you back. How are you doing?

User avatar
jimboo
Posts: 6962
Joined: 29 Dec 2005, 17:43
Location: taking a foxy kind of stand

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby jimboo » 19 Sep 2020, 23:44

I am good thanks Hugh. I bought the Kefls50w speakers by the way. Great sound (pity about the apps).
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 41213
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby kath » 19 Sep 2020, 23:45

Hugh wrote:Hey jimboo, it’s good to see you back. How are you doing?


agreed.

makes me wanna crank faust, mwhaha.

Hugh
Posts: 15920
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:43

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby Hugh » 20 Sep 2020, 00:09

jimboo wrote:I am good thanks Hugh. I bought the Kefls50w speakers by the way. Great sound (pity about the apps).


Try the LUMIN app and see if that works. Streaming Hifi isamazing when it is done right but it never ceases to amaze me how many shitty apps there are.

`
Posts: 2390
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 17:12

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby ` » 20 Sep 2020, 09:35

Sam Stone wrote:
“Believe” what he posts. You must be fucking joking!

When I started a thread about Beijing breaking the 50 year one country two systems arrangement with the UK 27 years early, he just started screaming conspiracy before being shamed into admitting he had no idea what he was talking about.

Every time there’s a terrorist atrocity, it’s the same thing. He starts shouting the same insensitive, ill-informed shit without a second thought for anyone here who might have been affected.

A man who has bragged on here about ogling his niece’s breasts, his attitude to women is even more despicable.

Ignoring the fucker doesn’t work.

Time to ban him and the witless threads only you and he post on




Interesting how Flower/Hepcat/Foxhound chickened out of attempting to address any of the claims
made in my post - all easily verfiable via the search feature in the top right hand corner of the page.

Would have asked F/H/F about this by PM, but from past experience (s)he'd only have shared
the contents with Jimbo and then sent an outraged reply denying (s)he had done so.
Last edited by ` on 20 Sep 2020, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 61364
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby C » 20 Sep 2020, 10:03

kath wrote:
Hugh wrote:Hey jimboo, it’s good to see you back. How are you doing?


agreed.

makes me wanna crank faust, mwhaha.


Indeed

When I noticed the lad had returned I played a Faust album over on Reap Corner.

I don't think he noticed





.
LMG wrote:I carelessly remarked that my noisy neighbour deserved a sharp word. [for disturbance]
The next day his semi-naked body was found staked out in his garden, a copy of GG's album cover Giant For A Day situated where his head had previously been attached

`
Posts: 2390
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 17:12

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby ` » 20 Sep 2020, 11:09

C wrote:

I don't think he noticed



.



He obviously doesn't live in the same street as you and Mrs C!

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 41213
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby kath » 20 Sep 2020, 11:19

C wrote:
kath wrote:
Hugh wrote:Hey jimboo, it’s good to see you back. How are you doing?


agreed.

makes me wanna crank faust, mwhaha.


Indeed

When I noticed the lad had returned I played a Faust album over on Reap Corner.

I don't think he noticed





.


he did indeed respond to you. ya goofball. mwhahahaa

Positive Passion
Posts: 1518
Joined: 05 Jul 2017, 23:05

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby Positive Passion » 20 Sep 2020, 16:37

Sam Stone wrote:
Positive Passion wrote:
The Prof wrote:If I look down the first page of BCB, Jimbo has started about 8 threads recently that have zero or very little responses.
Serious answers only - is there a reason for this?

Is it the thread titles that are boring or people don't want to dignify him with a response or something else?


He started most of them within about an hour, and on the same day he had started a thread listing a bunch of other potential topics. This is attention-seeking behaviour, rather than genuine attempts to find topics of general interest. As a result even the possibly interesting ones get submerged in the flood.
On the other hand no-one replies to a lot of my threads either, but that's presumably because they are shit.


If you agree to stick around after J’s culture is cancelled we could reward you by giving you his credit on the ever-popular “what did you have for breakfast?” thread. Was going to keep “Phuck dat shit!” For myself, but heck we’ll throw the credit on that one in, too!


I think I can manage to get no responses on my own.

`
Posts: 2390
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 17:12

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby ` » 20 Sep 2020, 16:40

Positive Passion wrote:
Sam Stone wrote:
Positive Passion wrote:
He started most of them within about an hour, and on the same day he had started a thread listing a bunch of other potential topics. This is attention-seeking behaviour, rather than genuine attempts to find topics of general interest. As a result even the possibly interesting ones get submerged in the flood.
On the other hand no-one replies to a lot of my threads either, but that's presumably because they are shit.


If you agree to stick around after J’s culture is cancelled we could reward you by giving you his credit on the ever-popular “what did you have for breakfast?” thread. Was going to keep “Phuck dat shit!” For myself, but heck we’ll throw the credit on that one in, too!


I think I can manage to get no responses on my own.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: