Ban Jimbo?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

Ban Jimbo?

No
12
26%
Yes
33
70%
Footy
2
4%
 
Total votes: 47

User avatar
The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia
Posts: 45994
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby The Prof » 18 Sep 2020, 14:33

Which Flowered UP 12" ? If it's It On - I already have it!

I'm sure this thread was started in a bit of a tongue in cheek way but it feels like there is genuine animosity towards this constant conspiracy bullshit.

There's a couple of options, banning for a period or indefinitely or admin deleting his stupid posts once they're flagged up.

Or thirdly there's a board warning message that can be sent out.

Or 4th ly - just knocking on the fucking head Jimbo.

User avatar
jimboo
Posts: 6962
Joined: 29 Dec 2005, 17:43
Location: taking a foxy kind of stand

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby jimboo » 18 Sep 2020, 15:06

Yes it is indeed that Flowered up recording. ( Still thrills me)
Prof. I am mister anti ban personified.
However, I genuinely feel that he needs less outlets and time spent on this (for us) pointless crusade. Six months away may give him pause for thought.
I am pretty sure in person he would be great company. I remember him back in the day as a funny guy and I still like him. I reiterate the point that he needs to take a break from the conspiracy posts.
I am sorry if sound contradictory or condescending . Admin on here nearly always make the right call but I and others may lurk on here but due to the current atmosphere of the in fighting and Jimbo's state of mind. Well , it's not an attractive prospect returning here.
However, there is that free l.p on offer and my return !
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me

`
Posts: 2390
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 17:12

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby ` » 18 Sep 2020, 18:34

I've just broken the habit of a lifetime and voted to ban the cunt, too.

User avatar
jimboo
Posts: 6962
Joined: 29 Dec 2005, 17:43
Location: taking a foxy kind of stand

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby jimboo » 18 Sep 2020, 21:02

I understand Sam. I don't like the way that he is teetering on the edge.
Can we please as a group decide on the best course of action?
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me

User avatar
Samoan
Posts: 11295
Joined: 28 May 2008, 10:22
Location: The Glad Tidings Mission Hall

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby Samoan » 19 Sep 2020, 11:11

The Prof wrote:Which Flowered UP 12" ? If it's It On - I already have it!

I'm sure this thread was started in a bit of a tongue in cheek way but it feels like there is genuine animosity towards this constant conspiracy bullshit.

There's a couple of options, banning for a period or indefinitely or admin deleting his stupid posts once they're flagged up.

Or thirdly there's a board warning message that can be sent out.

Or 4th ly - just knocking on the fucking head Jimbo.


Cut him loose for 3 months.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

User avatar
The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia
Posts: 45994
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby The Prof » 19 Sep 2020, 11:40

If I look down the first page of BCB, Jimbo has started about 8 threads recently that have zero or very little responses.
Serious answers only - is there a reason for this?

Is it the thread titles that are boring or people don't want to dignify him with a response or something else?

User avatar
Samoan
Posts: 11295
Joined: 28 May 2008, 10:22
Location: The Glad Tidings Mission Hall

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby Samoan » 19 Sep 2020, 12:09

The Prof wrote:If I look down the first page of BCB, Jimbo has started about 8 threads recently that have zero or very little responses.
Serious answers only - is there a reason for this?

Is it the thread titles that are boring or people don't want to dignify him with a response or something else?


The thread topics don't interest me or are not something I'd want to write or read about :

- Bedding, Adult kids at home, Click Bait, Image Association (just a sequence of creepy, nasty little photo shopped tiny kittens, which is a shame when you think how much beautiful natural photography of cats is out there), How do you sleep, Kindergarden etc .
I also don't want to dignify him with a response.
He appears to only have one guaranteed Fan responder.

- Fires, Car crashes, Bad Aeroplane experiences = No Thanks. Sick topics.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

User avatar
The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia
Posts: 45994
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby The Prof » 19 Sep 2020, 12:11

Fair enough!

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 41212
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby kath » 19 Sep 2020, 12:12

The Prof wrote:If I look down the first page of BCB, Jimbo has started about 8 threads recently that have zero or very little responses.
Serious answers only - is there a reason for this?

Is it the thread titles that are boring or people don't want to dignify him with a response or something else?


i'm thinkin it's not wanting to dignify him with a response. i could be wrong.

if you do take action and boot him off, can we at least wait til the election is decided before he gets his hall pass back? ughhh.

User avatar
Flower
Posts: 9115
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 22:22
Location: Unlisted

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby Flower » 19 Sep 2020, 13:01

"Don't feed the Troll!

Good advice? If anyone believes that Jimbo is a troll, then why are they "feeding" him?

It's so easy to ignore anyone on any forum. No one is ever going like everyone they encounter or agree with everyone either. Just ignore and have a happy online life. Who comes off as the fool? The so called Troll or the ones feeding him?

Is it necessary to read every thread or post? Especially when you know or want to be upset by these posts. Start your own threads. Try to be happy and NOT look for excuses to be angry or bitter.

Use the Ignore button. You'll have whiter teeth, fluffier pillows and pick five out of six winning lotto numbers every week.

*I apologize for a bit of plagiarism :)

** The enemy of your enemy is NOT necessarily your friend ;)
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

User avatar
jimboo
Posts: 6962
Joined: 29 Dec 2005, 17:43
Location: taking a foxy kind of stand

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby jimboo » 19 Sep 2020, 13:03

kath wrote:
The Prof wrote:If I look down the first page of BCB, Jimbo has started about 8 threads recently that have zero or very little responses.
Serious answers only - is there a reason for this?

Is it the thread titles that are boring or people don't want to dignify him with a response or something else?


i'm thinkin it's not wanting to dignify him with a response. i could be wrong.

if you do take action and boot him off, can we at least wait til the election is decided before he gets his hall pass back? ughhh.


Oh Gawd yeah. Elections are a hot bed for conspiracy buffs.
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me

User avatar
Samoan
Posts: 11295
Joined: 28 May 2008, 10:22
Location: The Glad Tidings Mission Hall

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby Samoan » 19 Sep 2020, 13:15

Flower wrote:"Don't feed the Troll!

Good advice? If anyone believes that Jimbo is a troll, then why are they "feeding" him?

It's so easy to ignore anyone on any forum. No one is ever going like everyone they encounter or agree with everyone either. Just ignore and have a happy online life. Who comes off as the fool? The so called Troll or the ones feeding him?

Is it necessary to read every thread or post? Especially when you know or want to be upset by these posts. Start your own threads. Try to be happy and NOT look for excuses to be angry or bitter.

Use the Ignore button. You'll have whiter teeth, fluffier pillows and pick five out of six winning lotto numbers every week.

*I apologize for a bit of plagiarism :)

** The enemy of your enemy is NOT necessarily your friend ;)

Oh shove it up your arse, Pollyanna :)

I'm having a very Happy time, (anxiety about C19 not withstanding) it's a beautiful sunny early autumn day!
Last edited by Samoan on 19 Sep 2020, 13:19, edited 1 time in total.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

User avatar
jimboo
Posts: 6962
Joined: 29 Dec 2005, 17:43
Location: taking a foxy kind of stand

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby jimboo » 19 Sep 2020, 13:18

Flower wrote:"Don't feed the Troll!

Good advice? If anyone believes that Jimbo is a troll, then why are they "feeding" him?

It's so easy to ignore anyone on any forum. No one is ever going like everyone they encounter or agree with everyone either. Just ignore and have a happy online life. Who comes off as the fool? The so called Troll or the ones feeding him?

Is it necessary to read every thread or post? Especially when you know or want to be upset by these posts. Start your own threads. Try to be happy and NOT look for excuses to be angry or bitter.

Use the Ignore button. You'll have whiter teeth, fluffier pillows and pick five out of six winning lotto numbers every week.

*I apologize for a bit of plagiarism :)

** The enemy of your enemy is NOT necessarily your friend ;)

Engagement by debate isn't really feeding a troll. It is the natural response to counter a view that you disagree with.
I have never on any forum put a poster on ignore. Jimbo in this case for his own good needs to take time out. This is not an outlet for inane and frankly ridiculously formed theories. It is a discussion forum. He is not generating discussion. Feed or ignoring a troll means little if they continue to troll. Strangely enough on a forum reading every post is kinda the point. Taking away the ability of the upsetting posts and poster to explain or debate in a rational way involving discourse makes posting pointless. It's literally conspiracy spam .
As Kath says there is an election coming up. This will naturally involve interesting discussion and points of view. Is it necessary to have this punctuated every second post by postal vote conspiracies, fake news and whacko talking airheads posted from you tube sights.
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me

User avatar
OUTPLAY
hounds people off the board
Posts: 19828
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby OUTPLAY » 19 Sep 2020, 16:06

jimboo wrote:
Flower wrote:"Don't feed the Troll!

Good advice? If anyone believes that Jimbo is a troll, then why are they "feeding" him?

It's so easy to ignore anyone on any forum. No one is ever going like everyone they encounter or agree with everyone either. Just ignore and have a happy online life. Who comes off as the fool? The so called Troll or the ones feeding him?

Is it necessary to read every thread or post? Especially when you know or want to be upset by these posts. Start your own threads. Try to be happy and NOT look for excuses to be angry or bitter.

Use the Ignore button. You'll have whiter teeth, fluffier pillows and pick five out of six winning lotto numbers every week.

*I apologize for a bit of plagiarism :)

** The enemy of your enemy is NOT necessarily your friend ;)

Engagement by debate isn't really feeding a troll. It is the natural response to counter a view that you disagree with.
I have never on any forum put a poster on ignore. Jimbo in this case for his own good needs to take time out. This is not an outlet for inane and frankly ridiculously formed theories. It is a discussion forum. He is not generating discussion. Feed or ignoring a troll means little if they continue to troll. Strangely enough on a forum reading every post is kinda the point. Taking away the ability of the upsetting posts and poster to explain or debate in a rational way involving discourse makes posting pointless. It's literally conspiracy spam .
As Kath says there is an election coming up. This will naturally involve interesting discussion and points of view. Is it necessary to have this punctuated every second post by postal vote conspiracies, fake news and whacko talking airheads posted from you tube sights.


Well said.
Matt Wilson wrote:gobble gobble gobble

User avatar
Flower
Posts: 9115
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 22:22
Location: Unlisted

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby Flower » 19 Sep 2020, 17:36

jimboo wrote:Engagement by debate isn't really feeding a troll. It is the natural response to counter a view that you disagree with.
I have never on any forum put a poster on ignore.


I don't disagree unless the "debate" digresses to name calling and personal insults. The name calling and insults are common on BCB.

Jimbo in this case for his own good needs to take time out.


It would be up to Jimbo to decide what is in his best interest.

This is not an outlet for inane and frankly ridiculously formed theories. It is a discussion forum. He is not generating discussion.


I don't agree with Jimbo on most of his theories and pretty much ignore them. Jimbo does attempt to generate discussion, he fails when people who don't agree with his theories (sane or inane) start the name calling and get upset because they can't change his views.

Feed or ignoring a troll means little if they continue to troll.


You are making the assumption that Jimbo is a troll and not someone with "different" ideas. I don't agree with Jimbo's theories but he has a right to believe in them. Just as he has the right to like Trump. I hate Trump but I don't dislike people because they like Trump or feel differently about issues.

Strangely enough on a forum reading every post is kinda the point.


This doesn't work on BCB because too many people take offense for the sake of taking offense.

Taking away the ability of the upsetting posts and poster to explain or debate in a rational way involving discourse makes posting pointless. It's literally conspiracy spam .


I don't enjoy Spam. nor do I read it. Too many people here follow posters on BCB that they don't like from thread to thread, post to post in attempts to engage or upset them. This is trolling but many don't agree.

It would be great if there could be rational debate on BCB without personal attacks and name calling.

As Kath says there is an election coming up. This will naturally involve interesting discussion and points of view. Is it necessary to have this punctuated every second post by postal vote conspiracies, fake news and whacko talking airheads posted from you tube sights.


It would seem easy to avoid the Whacko remarks and address posts made by the rational people if this is an issue.

Jimboo . You've made good points. It would be nice if everyone would be rational and not attack posters whom they don't like. It is one thing to attack a theory but not attacking the person who posts the theory would be nice. If someone gets you upset because you think that their theories are not sane .. attack the theory and not the person. It's the second grade name calling and personal attacks that causes me to ignore certain thread, posts, people.

Online we have the choice of what we want to see and/or respond . In "real" life we have to deal with relatives, co-workers, neighbors and the world in general. It would be nice if everyone could be civil.

No one is going to convince me that Trump is a good thing. I feel no need to attack others because they don't agree.

Back to the point of this thread. Why ban Jimbo? Is he threatening people? Is he sending people threatening PMs? Is he crossing the line other than having what many people consider to be crackpot ideas? I don't know but I do know that it will be many years until we know if the current pandemic was well handled.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

`
Posts: 2390
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 17:12

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby ` » 19 Sep 2020, 18:16

“Believe” what he posts. You must be fucking joking!

When I started a thread about Beijing breaking the 50 year one country two systems arrangement with the UK 27 years early, he just started screaming conspiracy before being shamed into admitting he had no idea what he was talking about.

Every time there’s a terrorist atrocity, it’s the same thing. He starts shouting the same insensitive, ill-informed shit without a second thought for anyone here who might have been affected.

A man who has bragged on here about ogling his niece’s breasts, his attitude to women is even more despicable.

Ignoring the fucker doesn’t work.

Time to ban him and the witless threads only you and he post on

User avatar
Samoan
Posts: 11295
Joined: 28 May 2008, 10:22
Location: The Glad Tidings Mission Hall

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby Samoan » 19 Sep 2020, 18:36

I was about to bid a very Good Afternoon to FoxHound or HepCat or whatever he's called and thank him for his contribution..
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Positive Passion
Posts: 1516
Joined: 05 Jul 2017, 23:05

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby Positive Passion » 19 Sep 2020, 18:51

The Prof wrote:If I look down the first page of BCB, Jimbo has started about 8 threads recently that have zero or very little responses.
Serious answers only - is there a reason for this?

Is it the thread titles that are boring or people don't want to dignify him with a response or something else?


He started most of them within about an hour, and on the same day he had started a thread listing a bunch of other potential topics. This is attention-seeking behaviour, rather than genuine attempts to find topics of general interest. As a result even the possibly interesting ones get submerged in the flood.
On the other hand no-one replies to a lot of my threads either, but that's presumably because they are shit.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 41212
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby kath » 19 Sep 2020, 19:02

Flower wrote:
jimboo wrote:Jimbo in this case for his own good needs to take time out.


It would be up to Jimbo to decide what is in his best interest.

on a board, no. it would be up to the people who run the board.


Flower wrote:It would be great if there could be rational debate on BCB without personal attacks and name calling.

mwhahahahaHA. the levels of irony are just so rich. good thing yer above all that, right? good thing jimbo doesn't constantly insult anyone who doesn't agree with him, right?

what. a. crock.


Flower wrote:I don't know but I do know that it will be many years until we know if the current pandemic was well handled.

this is one of THE most clueless things i have ever seen written on this board from someone who is not jimbo.

what planet are you currently living on if you don't realize that the pandemic has been abysmally, horribly, spectacularly mishandled in america from the very beginning? injected any bleach lately?

User avatar
jimboo
Posts: 6962
Joined: 29 Dec 2005, 17:43
Location: taking a foxy kind of stand

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby jimboo » 19 Sep 2020, 19:11

Well 70% is an astonishingly high figure for a banning on here.
Are you actually serious when you say Jimbo knows what his best interests are , I am not so sure.
Jimbo constantly replies with insults ( I assume your stance is in relation to actually reading the threads ?)
It isn't so much about changing his views is it though?
It is about challenging and correcting selected edited posts and publications that are clearly edited and selected that actually don't even read in black and white
What he claims they say.
It isn't the case that he likes this and others don't, how can you honestly come to such a simplistic conclusion for his behaviour? As far as I am aware the holocaust is about the only aspect of history he hasn't posted an alternative universe conspiracy.
Name calling and disagreement is standard behaviour on forums.
I don't admire your stance at all .As the man said if you don't stand against something then you fall for everything.
Jimbo trolls the board peddling edited news plucked from the air,posts questionable stats and spam while refusing to acknowledge any form of natural debate. He will happily state black is white while using a you tube video of a dentist from poughkeepsie fresh from a flat earth society brunch who heard it was true because David Icke found a burning rhododendron bush in a previously undiscovered neolithic/alien designed stone circle opposite the new Tesco's store in Bury.
There is no pandemic Flower , do keep up.
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me