Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby C » 20 Sep 2020, 17:15

kath wrote:
C wrote:
kath wrote:
agreed.

makes me wanna crank faust, mwhaha.

Indeed

When I noticed the lad had returned I played a Faust album over on Reap Corner.

I don't think he noticed

he did indeed respond to you. ya goofball. mwhahahaa

Did he? :oops:

I'll go back and check!

kath wrote:(editor's note: the frank bouncebouncebounce for me is different and distinct from all other bouncebouncebounces.)

C
Robust

Postby C » 20 Sep 2020, 17:18

C wrote:
kath wrote:
C wrote:
Indeed

When I noticed the lad had returned I played a Faust album over on Reap Corner.

I don't think he noticed

he did indeed respond to you. ya goofball. mwhahahaa

Did he? :oops:

I'll go back and check!

jimboo wrote:And here was me thinking this thread had gone soft!
Well done lad.
Please sit back and play Bonjour Gioacchino as loud as you dare.
Epic tub thumping.

:oops:
kath wrote:(editor's note: the frank bouncebouncebounce for me is different and distinct from all other bouncebouncebounces.)

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 25 Sep 2020, 08:57

Flower wrote:What I am stating is that Jimbo is not a troll. Maybe he would consider what he posts more carefully if he was NOT piled on all the time but that's my words and feelings and not his words or feelings.

So the reason Jimbo keeps posting utter drivel is because everyone keeps telling him he is posting utter drivel?

Okay - is the answer then :

a) Not tell him he is posting utter drivel (and he will stop posting utter drivel) ,
b) Tell him the utter drivel he is posting is, in fact, the word of a visionary genius (and he will stop posting utter drivel) or
c) He will continue to post utter drivel no matter what we say because, in fact, he has absolutely no intention of changing his mind ( or, indeed, even considering changing his mind) because he doesn't want to know ( nor care) what anyone else on the planet thinks, if it isn't what he thinks?

Which of those scenarios is the most likely, in your opinion?
I have put the ignorant, inflammatory bore on ignore.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 25 Sep 2020, 09:10

I'd also like to understand what the board loses by banning him? As far as i can tell, nothing at all. While plenty to gain.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

`

Postby ` » 25 Sep 2020, 09:34

Diamond Dog wrote:
Flower wrote:What I am stating is that Jimbo is not a troll. Maybe he would consider what he posts more carefully if he was NOT piled on all the time but that's my words and feelings and not his words or feelings.

So the reason Jimbo keeps posting utter drivel is because everyone keeps telling him he is posting utter drivel?

Okay - is the answer then :

a) Not tell him he is posting utter drivel (and he will stop posting utter drivel) ,
b) Tell him the utter drivel he is posting is, in fact, the word of a visionary genius (and he will stop posting utter drivel) or
c) He will continue to post utter drivel no matter what we say because, in fact, he has absolutely no intention of changing his mind ( or, indeed, even considering changing his mind) because he doesn't want to know ( nor care) what anyone else on the planet thinks, if it isn't what he thinks?

Which of those scenarios is the most likely, in your opinion?

Flower wrote:Image

Poor Ickle puddy tat is fwightened of the nasty, barky dog!

`

Postby ` » 25 Sep 2020, 11:11

Geezee wrote:I'd also like to understand what the board loses by banning him? As far as i can tell, nothing at all. While plenty to gain.

Agreed. Having never voted to ban any here before I finally snapped last Friday and voted to have him gone.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 25 Sep 2020, 12:05

Has nobody noticed, he's not been here for nearly a week?

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 25 Sep 2020, 12:28

The Prof wrote:Has nobody noticed, he's not been here for nearly a week?

Yeah he does this periodically - he lays low, hoping everything will blow over and he can return. Triumphant, in his mind.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 25 Sep 2020, 13:06

i'm thinkin we all may owe you dinner?

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 25 Sep 2020, 13:22

There was a time when even the mention of a ban would send the board into a complete meltdown, with extravagant flounces and passionate defence of freedom of speech. Bcb has come a long way since then, and not in a good way. The way to deal with Jim is the same way one deals with all pesky gets. Ignore him and he will go away, Do not open his threads and certainly do not respond.He will soon tire.
You don't like me...do you?

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 25 Sep 2020, 14:01

yomptepi wrote:There was a time when even the mention of a ban would send the board into a complete meltdown, with extravagant flounces and passionate defence of freedom of speech. Bcb has come a long way since then, and not in a good way. The way to deal with Jim is the same way one deals with all pesky gets. Ignore him and he will go away, Do not open his threads and certainly do not respond.He will soon tire.

he has tirelessly trolled for eons. be happy if you missed any of it.

i honestly don't recall anymore... how did you take it when skope got banned? when yellowjacket got ( i think) a temporary ban? i could be wrong, but weren't you one of the people who way back when thought googa was a stain on the board and driving people away? well, folk have explicitly posted that they will not post here anymore cuz of jimbo's toxic presence, people who have been on this board longer than i have. i consider it a small blessing not to have his constant trolling trumpy crap this close to such an important election.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 25 Sep 2020, 14:40

kath wrote:

i'm thinkin we all may owe you dinner?

I had just belatedly put him on ignore so wasn't sure if it was that or that he's actually been gone - but the board looks so much more friendly and interesting already.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 19 Feb 2021, 08:42

Nice while it lasted.

Can we please make it permanent?

yomptepi wrote:There was a time when even the mention of a ban would send the board into a complete meltdown, with extravagant flounces and passionate defence of freedom of speech. Bcb has come a long way since then, and not in a good way. The way to deal with Jim is the same way one deals with all pesky gets. Ignore him and he will go away, Do not open his threads and certainly do not respond.He will soon tire.

I would have been one of the first to abuse the banners. But I've changed my mind.

I have him on ignore but other people keep responding to him and a lot of potentially interesting discussions get sidetracked. Every fucking time. I ignore him but he doesn't go away.

Ban the twat. It may even do him some good. If he doesn't have his usual outlet to vent, he may have to stop and think about things.

I doubt it though...
Bugger off.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 19 Feb 2021, 15:43

Diamond Dog wrote:

Yeah he does this periodically - he lays low, hoping everything will blow over and he can return. Triumphant, in his mind.

It's almost as if someone said this would happen.....