Peanut butter

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

How do you like your peanut butter sandwich?

toast, peanut butter
29%
toast, butter, peanut butter
No votes
toast, butter, peanut butter, jelly
29%
toast, butter, peanut butter, jelly, banana slices (Elvis Presley's recipe)
14%
I am a health nut
29%

Total votes: 7

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Peanut butter

Postby GoogaMooga » 29 Aug 2020, 08:02

White bread, toasted, and... ?

"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Re: Peanut butter

Postby Jimbo » 29 Aug 2020, 13:28

Not a health nut exactly but I am off the stuff for now. But before I was off I was all in. Love the stuff. Crunchy, smooth, both are fine. But what's with the toast? Fresh soft white bread with a fat layer of Skippy is wonderful. Add a dash of Tabasco and it takes on this Indonesian flavor.

In college we'd torture my housemate's dog by putting a dab of p.b. on top of her nose and laugh because left or right, whichever way her tongue darted to get at the stuff she failed but she never gave up. Hours of hilarity!
Question authority.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 29 Aug 2020, 14:02

Jimbo wrote:In college we'd torture my housemate's dog by putting a dab of p.b. on top of her nose and laugh because left or right, whichever way her tongue darted to get at the stuff she failed but she never gave up. Hours of hilarity!

:D
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 29 Aug 2020, 14:04

One for Jimbo:

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 29 Aug 2020, 15:29

Shhh.
Question authority.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 29 Aug 2020, 22:47

I have been addicted to the stuff since a child. I chose the Elvis option as it most closely resembles my own creations. Certainly delicious with bananas, and\or cheese (which I can't have any more due to lactose intolerance), Nutella (I know, lethal stuff), jam, especially strawberry. In a nice sauce with chicken. On its own, yes, spoon in the jar direct - I live alone).

There a re 5 jars in my food cupboard as we speak, there have been sales.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 29 Aug 2020, 23:35

souphound wrote:I have been addicted to the stuff since a child. I chose the Elvis option as it most closely resembles my own creations. Certainly delicious with bananas, and\or cheese (which I can't have any more due to lactose intolerance), Nutella (I know, lethal stuff), jam, especially strawberry. In a nice sauce with chicken. On its own, yes, spoon in the jar direct - I live alone).

There a re 5 jars in my food cupboard as we speak, there have been sales.

I know a guy who spoon dips and adds sugar.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 30 Aug 2020, 01:39

Maybe a Japanese thing but my wife will not make a sandwich without a layer of butter, including peanut butter sandwiches.
Question authority.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 30 Aug 2020, 02:08

Jimbo wrote:Maybe a Japanese thing but my wife will not make a sandwich without a layer of butter, including peanut butter sandwiches.

Makes good sense.

Flower

Postby Flower » 14 Sep 2020, 13:00

Jif smooth on fresh white Wonder Bread or multigrain bread with or without either Welch's Grape Jelly or Wilkerson's Blackcurrant Jam. I don't do peanut butter on toast, so I couldn't vote in your poll. :)
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 14 Sep 2020, 14:38

what is with the butter? Sorry its just toast(whole grain), peanut butter(super chuck in the old days these days I prefer a local natural peanut butter and jam(not jelly). No butter.

Return to “Nextdoorland”